Tripper

[Spoilers] Non-Season 10 Show Discussion

306 posts in this topic

Posted

Even though legally, the law would look at it as a rape if the woman was too drunk to give consent.  But if she herself doesn't feel it was rape, how could they prosecute?  

I've had drunk sex before that I consented to but according to the law, I was incapable to do so.  After I sobered up, I didn't consider it as the guy taking advantage of me or raping me.

The way I see it, how does Penny feel?  Does she feel Raj took advantage of her?  Does she feel Raj (or Leonard in 3:24) raped her?  However Penny feels about the situation is how I think we should all feel about it.  

Penny: Look, honey, I was really drunk and made a huge mistake last night. We should’ve never slept together. It’s what ruins friendships.

Posted

2 hours ago, Kathy2611 said:

Even though legally, the law would look at it as a rape if the woman was too drunk to give consent.  But if she herself doesn't feel it was rape, how could they prosecute? 

That was my whole point about the difference between breaking the law and a crime. 

Kathy2611 likes this

Posted

IMO a peculiar aspect of this incident is that as far as we know Penny has never told Leonard the full details of her night with Raj, in so far as she knows them. I would have thought that was something any couple would want to be clear about.

Posted

29 minutes ago, JohnPhD said:

IMO a peculiar aspect of this incident is that as far as we know Penny has never told Leonard the full details of her night with Raj, in so far as she knows them. I would have thought that was something any couple would want to be clear about.

Well, to be fair, she doesn't remember, Penny herself may not know all the details.  I think its fair to assume he knows they didn't actually have intercourse. 

Posted

On 3/8/2017 at 7:39 AM, Tensor said:

And before anyone brings up Leonard and drunk Penny, yes, he also needed to get consent she might not have been able to legally give. 

In the case of The Maternal Capacitance, Penny and Leonard were both pretty drunk, so it's questionable if either were really able to give informed consent.

On 3/8/2017 at 11:54 AM, Kathy2611 said:

Does she feel Raj (or Leonard in 3:24) raped her?

Or Leonard tried to rape her in 2:15?

Posted (edited)

On 3/12/2017 at 5:29 AM, Stephen Hawking said:

In the case of The Maternal Capacitance, Penny and Leonard were both pretty drunk, so it's questionable if either were really able to give informed consent.

Or Leonard tried to rape her in 2:15?

They were both drinking pretty heavily in 2.15. That was consensual. Do you really beleive intended to rape Penny? Your referring to Lime Kiss right? You could just as argue Penny tried to rape Leonard lol. The whole idea is absurd. Rape means no consent from the other party. In both cases I don't think Penny considers 2.15, 3.23, 4.24 as rape at all. She has a past behaviour of making sexually impaired decisions while under the influence.

Edited by 3ku11