Desdemona

Howardette Season 10

188 posts in this topic

Posted

1 hour ago, Jonny said:

Every week I continue to enjoy the acting talents of Simon and Melissa and their storyline as a whole, but I am finding it kind of weird that they seem to be off doing their own thing meanwhile their other extremely close friends don't seem to be associating with them. I get that it gives focus to the pregnancy storyline but come on you don't think realistically Shamy and Lenny have suddenly thought 'let them get the baby out of the way and then after we can hang out again' do you? It would go against everything this show is about, friendship.

I thought it was very sweet when Howard wakes up with his hand on her tummy and he feels the baby kick. His reaction and Bernie's reaction when she woke up was hilarious.Howard's realisation it is real and happening and Bernie's sarcastic reaction like 'oh I wondered what that was in there' lol.

Howard showing his paternal side wanting to get the best crib for their baby, safety over money!

The minivan and Bernie's reaction to it was funny. The kind of 'I will look like a mom driving that', well Bernie you are about to become a mother soon lol.

I miss these group activities as well. I hope that there will be an episode with the whole gang before Bernie gives birth. But I must admit that splitting the gang into small groups, allows the writers to tell three stories at the same time, which wouldn't be possible if they were all together. And the writers have neglected Howardette a lot in the last few years, so I'm happy that they have their own stories, even if this means that they don't interact with their friends. It is also understandable that Howardette want to spend some time alone, because they know that they won't have much time for themselves as soon as the baby comes, so they enjoy every minute alone they can get.  I can't wait for it, it will be such a touching moment when Howard holds his baby, his eyes filling with tears while he contemplates this little miracle in his arms and leans over to Bernie, kissing and thanking her and telling her how much he loves her.  Or he could snuggle up at Bernie and the baby and wraps his arms around them. 

I have to go now, but I will join the discussion later. 

Boonaroma and joyceraye like this

Posted

1 hour ago, Jonny said:

Every week I continue to enjoy the acting talents of Simon and Melissa and their storyline as a whole, but I am finding it kind of weird that they seem to be off doing their own thing meanwhile their other extremely close friends don't seem to be associating with them. I get that it gives focus to the pregnancy storyline but come on you don't think realistically Shamy and Lenny have suddenly thought 'let them get the baby out of the way and then after we can hang out again' do you? It would go against everything this show is about, friendship.

I thought it was very sweet when Howard wakes up with his hand on her tummy and he feels the baby kick. His reaction and Bernie's reaction when she woke up was hilarious.Howard's realisation it is real and happening and Bernie's sarcastic reaction like 'oh I wondered what that was in there' lol.

Howard showing his paternal side wanting to get the best crib for their baby, safety over money!

The minivan and Bernie's reaction to it was funny. The kind of 'I will look like a mom driving that', well Bernie you are about to become a mother soon lol.

I miss group episodes too. It feels so strange that Howard and Bernie are relegated to do just baby stuff by themselves or with Raj's help, which makes everything even weirder. I hope they have a group episode soon or get Lenny and Shamy more involved in this pregnancy, after all Howardette are two of their best friends. Now that I think about it, a group episode would be a good way to welcome the baby. Possibly the gang is finally reunited in 4A living room eating take out Chinese food when Bernie's waters break (possibly far from Sheldon's spot) and all seven of them run to the hospital ...

Desdemona, Jonny and joyceraye like this

Posted

I think it would be hilarious if Bernie said she doesn't feel well and wants to sit down on Sheldon's spot because it's next to her, while Sheldon screams "no!" and tries to stop her, but she manages to slip through his fingers and sits down, when suddenly she realizes that her water has just broken. 

Imagine Sheldon's reaction when he realizes what happened. I'm sure his first reaction would be: "Great, first my bed and now my spot too? Couldn't you just at least try to held it back?" 

joyceraye, spidergirl, mirs1 and 1 other like this

Posted

I was to post about Howardette in Season 10 thread and then I remembered about this one. :)

I really loved the scene where Howard felt the baby kick. His face held so much tender and excitement that melted my heart. I think that Howard and Bernie are really a perfect match, as they complete each other so well. I just love her comments about his quirks, many times filled with sarcasm but at same time filled with same amount of love. :)

Safety daddy was really cool and sick Howard is always a mess, hehe. Raj always helps too much but he is really a good heart.  I wish he could have a nice story of his own.

And Bernie's baby bump is really cute :wub:

Looking foward to seeing this family with the baby in their arms. :)

Tensor, Jonny, joyceraye and 2 others like this

Posted

20 hours ago, spidergirl said:

I was to post about Howardette in Season 10 thread and then I remembered about this one. :)

I really loved the scene where Howard felt the baby kick. His face held so much tender and excitement that melted my heart. I think that Howard and Bernie are really a perfect match, as they complete each other so well. I just love her comments about his quirks, many times filled with sarcasm but at same time filled with same amount of love. :)

Safety daddy was really cool and sick Howard is always a mess, hehe. Raj always helps too much but he is really a good heart.  I wish he could have a nice story of his own.

And Bernie's baby bump is really cute :wub:

Looking foward to seeing this family with the baby in their arms. :)

I enjoy seeing Howard getting touched when it comes to the baby. He already loves it and can´t wait to hold it. I´m sure he will be one of those fathers who carry their baby around. I can even see him breast feeding the baby (with a feeding device).

Jonny, joyceraye and spidergirl like this

Posted

On 10/28/2016 at 1:21 PM, Desdemona said:

while Sheldon screams "no!" and tries to stop her, but she manages to slip through his fingers and sits down, when suddenly she realizes that her water has just broken.

Amniotic fluid on Sheldon's spot?

He'd :swoon: 

Desdemona and joyceraye like this

Posted

4 hours ago, Stephen Hawking said:

Sheldon already told Bernie in 9x22 that the offer to come over and play Dungeons and Dragons was only good until the third trimester, because he couldn't risk amniotic fluid on his spot. 

Are you slipping, Stephen?  :icon_biggrin:

Posted

I'm not slipping. I know what Sheldon said, but Desdemona suggested it occurred during something other than a D&D visit.

Whatever her reason for being there, Sheldon will still :swoon: when she gets amniotic fluid on his spot.

Posted

2 hours ago, Stephen Hawking said:

I'm not slipping. I know what Sheldon said, but Desdemona suggested it occurred during something other than a D&D visit.

O I C.

I'm with Sheldon.  I wouldn't want amniotic fluid on my sofa either.

Desdemona, joyceraye and Jonny like this

Posted (edited)

17 hours ago, Stephen Hawking said:

LOL that's true, but after what they've done in his bed, I guess that there's nothing that can shock him anymore. :icon_cheesygrin:

Well maybe a sheep laying in his bed, giving birth to some sweet little baby sheeps would be the overkill for him.

Edited by Desdemona
joyceraye likes this

Posted

4 hours ago, Desdemona said:

LOL that's true, but after what they've done in his bed, I guess that there's nothing that can shock him anymore. :icon_cheesygrin: 

I waiting to see what Sheldon does by way of revenge, for Howard and Bernadette having coitus on his bed.

Posted (edited)

19 minutes ago, Stephen Hawking said:

I waiting to see what Sheldon does by way of revenge, for Howard and Bernadette having coitus on his bed.

Do you believe Sheldon would really waste time about a revenge for that?

Sheldon now is a grown man with such important things to do and to think about than thinking about a thing that would not influence his future and it was just a detail that not harm anyone. One day he might laugh about that,  a baby that was conceived on his old bed. :)

Edited by spidergirl
joyceraye, Desdemona and April like this

Posted

1 hour ago, spidergirl said:

Sheldon now is a grown man with such important things to do and to think about than thinking about a thing that would not influence his future and it was just a detail that not harm anyone.

He's also a son of the Lone Star state. He's Texas through and through. And they know how to settle scores down there. If you doubt it, ask Mexico.

:laugh:

joyceraye and Desdemona like this

Posted

The conception on Sheldon's bed was hilarious.  No mention has been made of it since, but I'm with Stephen.  I think it will come up again, someway, somehow.

Posted (edited)

35 minutes ago, Lady in Red said:

The conception on Sheldon's bed was hilarious.  No mention has been made of it since, but I'm with Stephen.  I think it will come up again, someway, somehow.

Agree, it was hilarious indeed! :icon_cheesygrin:

However imo it might come up again but not in a revenge way. Old Sheldon would come up with a complex revenge scheme to punish Howardette for what they did in his bed. Nowadays I can see Sheldon saying something not nice about that as it comes up in a talk but  I am not seeing him to think much about it or seeking  revenge.

I respect your opinion and Stephen's , of course :)

Edited by spidergirl
April, Desdemona and joyceraye like this

Posted (edited)

Melissa has been the star of Big Bang this season imo. I hope she gets Emmy recognition. I don't think Sheldon has changed that much in terms of revenge, he would prob like to get back at Howard, but that is just my opinion. I have really enjoyed Howard and Bernadette. One thing like to see though. Is have maybe Lenny visit Howardette. And see the couples talk about the baby e.t.c. Penny possibly talk to Bernadette about potentially having kids with Leonard e.t.c. Like to see the group not just Raj, more involved in it. 

Edited by 3ku11
mjc45, Desdemona, joyceraye and 1 other like this

Posted

A nice episode that involves the whole gang together would be great, something like going on holidays together or playing an outdoor game or whatever group activity works. And then they could mix up the gang into groups we don't often see like Rajenny, Lenette, Rashel or other even more rare combinations. 

joyceraye and spidergirl like this

Posted

On 10/30/2016 at 11:50 PM, 3ku11 said:

Melissa has been the star of Big Bang this season imo. I hope she gets Emmy recognition.

I would agree she's been excellent. I've always enjoyed her contributions to the show but this storyline has given her more prominence which she seems to be relishing.

2 hours ago, Desdemona said:

A nice episode that involves the whole gang together would be great, something like going on holidays together or playing an outdoor game or whatever group activity works. And then they could mix up the gang into groups we don't often see like Rajenny, Lenette, Rashel or other even more rare combinations. 

I'm interested to see how they decide to balance it all when the baby arrives, you are going to want to get them back hanging with the group more again but then they will have a new responsibility that takes priority which it should. I wonder how the writers will manage all this, it certainly should be interesting.

spidergirl, Desdemona and joyceraye like this

Posted

49 minutes ago, Jonny said:

I'm interested to see how they decide to balance it all when the baby arrives, you are going to want to get them back hanging with the group more again but then they will have a new responsibility that takes priority which it should. I wonder how the writers will manage all this, it certainly should be interesting.

That should not be a problem. Whenever they want to see their friends they could hire a nanny (Bernie earns enough money to hire their own one) or they could ask Bernie's parents to take care of the baby. Or if they stayed at 4a the baby could sleep in Lenny's dormitory or at 4b. I would like to see how the gang  interacts with a baby, especially the male part of the group, it would be funny to see how they would handle the baby's needs in a pragmatic or scientific way. But I guess the first episodes after the birth will be about Howardette and how they manage their life as parents and how much of their personal experience will influence in the education of their baby. It would be funny if the baby had as much apetite as its grandmother and they had to buy supersize bottles and bowls for its meals. And I would like to see the guys giving Howard strange looks when he straps the breast feeding machine on his chest to feed the baby because it only takes the breast milk from a breast or at least from something that looks like one. :shy:

spidergirl, mjc45 and joyceraye like this

Posted

Not much on the Howardette baby front these past two episodes, perhaps a change of pace is probably good for them and it was great to see both of them hanging out with other members of the gang a bit more. Bernie looked a bit uncomfortable sitting on that stool lol especially with her blossoming baby bump.

joyceraye, mirs1, Desdemona and 1 other like this

Posted (edited)

2 hours ago, Jonny said:

Not much on the Howardette baby front these past two episodes, perhaps a change of pace is probably good for them and it was great to see both of them hanging out with other members of the gang a bit more. Bernie looked a bit uncomfortable sitting on that stool lol especially with her blossoming baby bump.

She did indeed, poor thing! 

Even if they had just a little bit air time (I guess even more than poor Lenny) they were hilarious! Bernie's discussion with Sheldon was funny I was half expecting her to bite off his head.  LOL 

And on the other hand there was Howard interrupting Raj's date with Isabella. I loved how he shouted: "Yay free toilet paper!" after he slipped out the information that Raj told them that she was an astronomer. LOL I hope there will be more Howardette moments to talk about next time. (Hopefully with the gang as well) 

I'm still hoping for a real d&d game in the park. 

Edited by Desdemona
spidergirl and joyceraye like this

Posted

Now I wonder when Bernadette will be giving birth? 10 months from February is December. So could it be happening in the same episode as Shamy's second time together in bed. 

If they have the timeline of the series run slower to delay it, well then next years episodes are still stuck in 2016. So it is coming up within the next 4-5 episodes. 

joyceraye likes this

Posted

I agree that the writers can slow down things if they want and that the baby is coming in the next few episodes.  It would be nice if Bernie gave birth around Christmas time. Imagine she and Howard look at the baby overwhelmed with love, when the door opens and all their are coming in singing a christmas song, gathering around Howardette. This would be nice. 

I just want to have an episode that turns just around Howardette and the baby and their friends hasty journey to arrive at the hospital in time, while a snowstorm is on its way or has already arrived. 

It would be better if Shamy had sex before the baby comes, not at the same time it comes. I don't mind if there's a second plot running simultaneously with the Shamy sex plot but please not the baby plot. 

wonder63, joyceraye and spidergirl like this

Posted (edited)

3 hours ago, wonder63 said:

Now I wonder when Bernadette will be giving birth? 10 months from February is December. So could it be happening in the same episode as Shamy's second time together in bed. 

If they have the timeline of the series run slower to delay it, well then next years episodes are still stuck in 2016. So it is coming up within the next 4-5 episodes. 

Some pregnancy basics because that is just wrong.

A pregnancy lasts 40 weeks which adds up to almost exactly 9 months on the calendar (I think sometimes people count it as 4 weeks = 1 month and that way you can end up with the 10 months idea but that doesn't add up with the calendar cause, you know, most months don't have 28 days). So if Bernie knew in February that she was pregnant -and lets assume she knew pretty early- then she got pregnant in January. Depending on when exactly that happened her due date would be somewhen in October.

The show is keeping us updated with how far Bernie is into her pregnancy. The latest hint we got in 10x08 was that the baby turned upside down which happens at the beginning of the 3rd trimester and should put the story somewhen into August.

So then, we have 3 episodes left. I don't think 10x09 has anything on the pregnancy for us. 10x10 will be taped tomorrow and 10x11 the week after. If they continue with their little time hops as they did so far they could have Bernie give birth in 10x11 as the mid season finale. (And yes, Shamy's second time could happen then as well, it just wouldn't be Amy's birthday but presumably a more spontaneous scenario.) For some reason 10x10 strikes me as too early for the birth but that's just my gut. Idk. We'll see.

2 hours ago, Desdemona said:

I agree that the writers can slow down things if they want and that the baby is coming in the next few episodes.  It would be nice if Bernie gave birth around Christmas time. Imagine she and Howard look at the baby overwhelmed with love, when the door opens and all their are coming in singing a christmas song, gathering around Howardette. This would be nice. 

I just want to have an episode that turns just around Howardette and the baby and their friends hasty journey to arrive at the hospital in time, while a snowstorm is on its way or has already arrived. 

If Bernie would give birth around Christmas time she would have been pregnant for almost a whole year. Also, there are no snowstorms where they live.

Edited by April
mirs1, joyceraye and Desdemona like this

Posted

3 hours ago, April said:

Some pregnancy basics because that is just wrong.

A pregnancy lasts 40 weeks which adds up to almost exactly 9 months on the calendar (I think sometimes people count it as 4 weeks = 1 month and that way you can end up with the 10 months idea but that doesn't add up with the calendar cause, you know, most months don't have 28 days). So if Bernie knew in February that she was pregnant -and lets assume she knew pretty early- then she got pregnant in January. Depending on when exactly that happened her due date would be somewhen in October.

The show is keeping us updated with how far Bernie is into her pregnancy. The latest hint we got in 10x08 was that the baby turned upside down which happens at the beginning of the 3rd trimester and should put the story somewhen into August.

So then, we have 3 episodes left. I don't think 10x09 has anything on the pregnancy for us. 10x10 will be taped tomorrow and 10x11 the week after. If they continue with their little time hops as they did so far they could have Bernie give birth in 10x11 as the mid season finale. (And yes, Shamy's second time could happen then as well, it just wouldn't be Amy's birthday but presumably a more spontaneous scenario.) For some reason 10x10 strikes me as too early for the birth but that's just my gut. Idk. We'll see.

If Bernie would give birth around Christmas time she would have been pregnant for almost a whole year. Also, there are no snowstorms where they live.

You are right, I’m sorry. But a snowstorm or Hurricane is not as unusual anymore, with the changing climate. Weather has changed over the decades and crazy things has  happened all over the world. 

joyceraye likes this