Desdemona

Howardette Season 10

188 posts in this topic

Posted

13 minutes ago, spidergirl said:

Indeed! It is pity how writers seem lost about what to do with Raj. There are a few things they could explore about his character and they seem to be forgotten.Raj has a different  background of his friends as he is a foreigner working and living in a different country from he was born so he has a few cultural differences that could be explored. He doesnt work with the guys but he has a such interisting profession that is usually  never mentioned and he has usually never said any facts about Astronomy. It is like he just hang out with the gang and collect exes, which is a pity. I really hope the writers can save the character in some way but rather without damage none of the others for save him, you know. Because if  Raj might be gay or bi, he could be and not necessarily he had to date one of his  close friends like Howard.

They have mentioned  his discoveries (the two asteroids) and they talked about an article he wrote (you remember when he was near to get deported to India and went to an interview for a new job for a new project?). I always thought that it would be nice, to see him looking through a telescope watching the stars, while he philosophises about the universe and its infinity and the possibility that someone might be looking at the sky and wishing to find someone as well. Astronomy is amazing and there are so many things he could talk about with the guys.

Sah, spidergirl and joyceraye like this

Posted

2 minutes ago, Desdemona said:

They have mentioned  his discoveries (the two asteroids) and they talked about an article he wrote (you remember when he was near to get deported to India and went to an interview for a new job for a new project?). I always thought that it would be nice, to see him looking through a telescope watching the stars, while he philosophises about the universe and its infinity and the possibility that someone might be looking at the sky and wishing to find someone as well. Astronomy is amazing and there are so many things he could talk about with the guys.

You 're right. I should have added they had not mentioned his work lately but had done before.  My distraction, lol!

But it seems it was about ages ago he did some things , as lately the subject for Raj is girls and why he fails with them. As you said Astronomy is amazing and sometimes Raj seems so empty of subject for interisting talks as scientists usual are able to. Dont get me wrong, I used to like the guy and I wish I could like again.

Sah and joyceraye like this

Posted

9 hours ago, spidergirl said:

You 're right. I should have added they had not mentioned his work lately but had done before.  My distraction, lol!

But it seems it was about ages ago he did some things , as lately the subject for Raj is girls and why he fails with them. As you said Astronomy is amazing and sometimes Raj seems so empty of subject for interisting talks as scientists usual are able to. Dont get me wrong, I used to like the guy and I wish I could like again.

Sorry I've spent all my likes for today! Don't worry, nobody is perfect my memory fails me often enough. :shy:

You are right everything he did was long ago (the discovery of Amy the asteroid last year, then his trip to this mine with Sheldon, I would have loved if they had done that trip, because I find these RaShel episodes nice, but they are so rare) I know it's hard to like Raj, but I hope that the latest developments will lead to something good so he changes for good. He is an ass often but he did a lot good things as well and he supports his friends when they need him. He just needs to be kicked sometimes, because growing up with servants, I guess no one ever raised a word against him, when he was wrong or acted bad. I don't know if it can be fixed now that he is grown man, but he seems to realize that he has to change and wants to. I hope he doesn't give up.

joyceraye, spidergirl and Sah like this

Posted

I'd like to see Rajesh  meeting a woman PhD in a similar field so they can talk to each other,but one who is a bit like Amy used to be. He needs someone he can bring out of her shell but who's not riddled with any anxiety, just had her head over a microscope or telescope so much the fun has passed her by. Instead of going after the already glamorous and pretty, he'll appreciate her other qualities and finally fall in love properly. He can get her into the girls' posse via Bernadette but he'll do as much of the helping her to choose clothes and hairstyles, make up etc as the girls do. He can feminise her to his heart's content and she'll enjoy it.

Sah, spidergirl, Desdemona and 1 other like this

Posted

2 hours ago, joyceraye said:

I'd like to see Rajesh  meeting a woman PhD in a similar field so they can talk to each other,but one who is a bit like Amy used to be. He needs someone he can bring out of her shell but who's not riddled with any anxiety, just had her head over a microscope or telescope so much the fun has passed her by. Instead of going after the already glamorous and pretty, he'll appreciate her other qualities and finally fall in love properly. He can get her into the girls' posse via Bernadette but he'll do as much of the helping her to choose clothes and hairstyles, make up etc as the girls do. He can feminise her to his heart's content and she'll enjoy it.

A scientist would be nice or a dog owner like Yvette was.

It could be funny, if Raj had some urological problems, so he goes to an urologist (Dr. Sam King or something) and it turns out that Dr. King is a woman.

First he doesn´t want to be checked by her, but then he changes his mind and lets her check him.

Later he tells his friends about her.

"When she touched down there, it felt like magic", his eyes looking dreamily, while the others give him a disturbed look.

A romantic encounter at the planetarium would be nice as well. Or he could meet someone in the park, while he goes for a walk with Cinnamon.

Should we writers really change Raj for good and decide to give him an interesting plot or at least a partner, I will open a Raj thread.

Posted (edited)

"Stuart, dont drink my milk!!"

This was creepy but funny at same time, I almost choked in my tea , lol!!

I know it's writers style but it kind of bummer me that Howard in a week was helping Sheldon with his reading emotions issues and in next one is putting things in Sheldon's water for keep him busy while he and Leonard worked. Course their relationship had always some tension, Sheldon mocked Howard again about the kind of engeneering he studied, but I rather see more continuos growth from these characters, especially when one of them is a father now. But well maybe I am surprised soon :)

Loved the girls plotline, it was nice as they were trying  to get back old times but also heartbroken as they feel sad about some things that changed or there are missing yet in their lives. The milk thrown line after Amy and Penny cried was not funny imo but it fits in tbbt scenes style.

Looking foward to seeing more plotlines with Howardette together with their Halley, as this week they were in boys and girl plotlines apart. 

Btw, the spongebob and patrick line was priceless! It really fits with Raj and Stuart looked like all the episode!

Edited by spidergirl

Posted (edited)

The baby cry is starting to annoy me (and probably only me lol). I get why it's in there as a homage to Howard's mother and the actress who played here but it wasn't the actual rasping voice that made that character amusing it was what she actually said. Of course a baby can't do that lol.

In terms of this week's storyline I think it was good for them to try and get Bernie out of the house and do something like she used to do. I would imagine a lot of new mothers struggle at times to try and get to perhaps some old routines or habits like going out with their friends. A new baby takes up a lot of time and of course then you have the natural emotions of wanting to not be away from your baby that much as well. Bernie had some really good lines once again this week.

Raj and Stuart sucked into babysitter mode again but I feel like it kind of worked for this episode with Bernie going out, them checking with her, Bernie not sure she should be going out etc. It kind of just made sense with those storylines and the dialogue.

I saw the Stuart milk line coming for sure, Creepy Stuart is creepy lol. I wonder who is running his business whilst he is babysitting lol

I've enjoyed Howard's time away and being involved in some other storylines. I thought he was great in the emotion one and had some great lines and scenes in this one. As usual with the writers it's just finding that right blend with both Bernie and Howard of parental storyline mode, individual storylines or with another character and then group storylines. I think they are doing a pretty good job with that right now.

Edited by Jonny
Enrico Fermi and Desdemona like this

Posted (edited)

I'm excited to hear that Bernie finally returns to work. I wonder why she is unhappy about it, because it has always been important to her. 

It's surely because she misses Halley and thinks that she acts shelfish if she leaves her. 

Now I'm curious how Howard handles everything, both household and baby. I hope that Stuart still works at the Comic shop, so he is away at least a few hours, because I want Howard to grow with his tasks and find his way. I'm sure the outcome will be hilarious. :icon_cheesygrin:

I can't wait to see him melting when Halley does her first steps or calls him daddy. Or how she hides somewhere around the house and he uses the NASA equipment to find her. Or he uses the Mars Rover to drive her around so she falls asleep. Or the robots who help Howard with the household turn against him and turn the house upside down. With a daddy like him, she will never get bored. 

Edited by Desdemona
bfm, April, spidergirl and 2 others like this

Posted

10 minutes ago, Desdemona said:

I'm excited to hear that Bernie finally returns to work. I wonder why she is unhappy about it, because it has always been important to her. 

It's surely because she misses Halley and thinks that she acts shelfish if she leaves her. 

Now I'm curious how Howard handles everything, both household and baby. I hope that Stuart still works at the Comic shop, so he is away at least a few hours, because I want Howard to grow with his tasks and find his way. I'm sure the outcome will be hilarious. :icon_cheesygrin:

I can't wait to see him melting when Halley does her first steps or calls him daddy. Or how she hides somewhere around the house and he uses the NASA equipment to find her. Or he uses the Mars Rover to drive her around so she falls asleep. Or the robots who help Howard with the household turn against him and turn the house upside down. With a daddy like him, she will never get bored. 

What a nice comment @Desdemona!

I didn't care much about Howardette in past seasons but I they grew on me, especially this season. I've lost a lot of trust in the writers because of their awful treatment of Lenny but I do trust them with Bernie's motherhood stories. I hope they will handle this one as good as they did the previous ones (including the pregnancy).

mirs1, Desdemona, spidergirl and 1 other like this

Posted

1 hour ago, bfm said:

I didn't care much about Howardette in past seasons but I they grew on me, especially this season. I've lost a lot of trust in the writers because of their awful treatment of Lenny but I do trust them with Bernie's motherhood stories. I hope they will handle this one as good as they did the previous ones (including the pregnancy).

I agree! TBH I didn't care that much about Bernie's pregnancy and I've never been eager to see babies in the show. But the writers have handled the whole thing very well; they have told Bernie's pregnancy from non-conventional angles, speaking about her fears for her work and her initial lack of enthusiasm for the baby. Then they have chosen to not show Halley on-screen as an homage to Carol Ann Susi, which was exactly how I hoped it would have been. I know not everyone likes this choice, but for me it was brilliant. I can also understand that the moment when a mother ends her maternity leave might be difficult, even for women who really like their job and are looking forward to return to work. I hope the writers continue the good job they have make for Howardette also telling this story.

Shamyfan95, Desdemona, April and 2 others like this

Posted

Yeah, even though they're mainly in the back seat re big plots, I actually think the best writing this season has been for Howardette, especially Bernie , whose one liners have been gold all season.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

spidergirl, April, Desdemona and 1 other like this

Posted

Agree with you all, howardette have been growing on me this season and Simon and Melissa really rock as couple. Their chemestry is great and their performances have been spot on as the plot deeps.

About the baby off of screen, I wonder if the show will keep Halley in that way.  Two more years is long time for a baby to grow and we never see her. Meanwhile she would start taking first steps...

Really curious about everything about this sweet, funny and clever couple!

bfm, Shamyfan95, Desdemona and 2 others like this

Posted

22 hours ago, bfm said:

Aww, thank you @bfm! :icon_redface:

I always had a soft spot for Howardette, especially for Howard who made me laugh so much in the past, although I must say that I was not a fan of how Bernadette turned into a replacement for Howard´s mom, or that their friends, pointed out that Howard wouldn´t find another woman who is willing to take him. Despite his awkward flirt attempts and his macho attitudes, he is a nice guy who has a lot to give. (As you could see when he sang this song to Bernie on their anniversary or the speech he was holding when Bernie found out about his past, or how he always tries to excel with his gifts for Bernie or how happy he was about the baby).

I´m happy how sensitive and realistic they treat their story, without loosing themselves. I wished the writers would treat Lenny with more care too, like they do with Howardette.

I like Bernie a lot this season her fears and flaws, make her very likeable and the viewer can relate to her even more.

Let´s hope, that we find out how her return to work looks like and how she fights, because I´m sure that there´s a lot of rivalry between her and her colleagues, who are surely interested to get her position and her bureau as well.

April, spidergirl and bfm like this