Tripper

episodes
1002 'The Military Miniaturization' (September 26)

51 posts in this topic

Posted

'The Military Miniaturization' - Season 10, Episode 2 
Airs Monday, September 26 at 8/7c on CBS.

Colonel Williams, an Air Force representative from the Department of Material Command, sits down to talk with Wolowitz.

joyceraye, 3ku11 and mjc45 like this

Posted

After looking at the previews, I see already I am going to love and laugh a lot in this episode.   I'm so glad Howard is going to get the spotlight and credit he deserves.   Sheldon's reactions.  Priceless!   It's about time.

Posted

Just watched it. The military plot was boring as I thought but the rest was good. The tag scene in particular was very funny :D

RoRo, kelliluvtbbt and joyceraye like this

Posted

there were some pretty funny moments...

1. Amy wanting to scan Penny's brain... then commenting on  the clump of bitch cells lighting up

2. Sheldon's reactions when he is behind the general and can't speak

3. the happy meal line to Bernadette 

4. the guys playing with the scanner... such goof balls! 

Posted

1 hour ago, Judith said:

Just watched it. The military plot was boring as I thought but the rest was good. The tag scene in particular was very funny :D

Totally agree...happy meal line cracks me up...Okay episode in my opnion.. not fantastic but not the worst...

Judith and joyceraye like this

Posted (edited)

Attention my fellow "Military Miniaturization" attendees: Was anyone else surprised by the final Penny/Bernadette scene? I really loved the original that we saw... Bernadette claiming that she should have eaten the apple slices, starting the rumor that Penny sells drugs to biker gangs, and claiming that she doesn't think she's handling the pregnancy well. Oh, well! Some of the final version's dialog sounds familiar, but I can't remember if we saw this version as the final one of the night, or if they went back and re-shot later on...

Edited by Kev0821

Posted

Best part was Sheldon not being allowed to talk. Could they do that every week? I would have enjoyed most likely the Penny/Bernadette biker gangs as Kev0821 suggested. The tag they showed was just plain stupid. Scanner overkill. Bad editing IMO. 

legacy99, veejay and joyceraye like this

Posted

I absolutely enjoyed this episode and also the military plotline.   I can't wait to see where they take this in the future.  Sheldon's reactions were priceless, and his opening his mouth at the end to let it all out?   Did any of us really think he'd be able to keep quiet?   Even Sheldon knows better than that.

I thought Amy's line about wanting to study Penny's brain and seeing her bitch cells from the chair was a nice reminder of Amy's passion for her field of study.   To get excited from sitting in her office and waiting for a rat to die of anthrax...only her.    I'm glad to see our brunette science geek return to the screen, in all her quirkiness.

Bernie is a woman not to mess with for sure, but boy did the claws come out tonight!   My favorite line, "What lunatic goes to McDonald's and orders fruit?"  Hilarious!   I really enjoyed Penny attempting to make amends, and Amy kind of stuck in the middle.

I loved Penny's outfit and showing off her beautiful legs.

My favorite awww moment was Sheldon apologizing to Penny for blowing her off and asking her why Bernadette was mad at her?   Wow, Sheldon is learning to be empathetic after all.   I will admit that I did enjoy the little wasp factoid.   I've missed those tidbits on the show as well.

Is Raj trying to take Sheldon's place as the group's irritant?   No, please, please don't leave me!!!

The guys and the scanner.   What a bunch of nerds!

I was just happy to see the show returning to some of its roots of comedy, showing the strength behind the friendships, their passion for their careers, and all without the relationship drama.

3ku11, April, mjc45 and 6 others like this

Posted (edited)

I thought Sheldon, Howard and Leonard had good chemistry this episode. Simon was funny in ALL  the scenes and Jim did amazing physical comedy. The TAG scene was nice. I actually loved the guys playing with the retinal scanners.  Sheldon/Leonard with their heads touching - and failing the retinal scanner. Then they lift up Howard and get -"Howard Wolowitz: access granted" LOL. 

7 minutes ago, jenafan said:

My favorite awww moment was Sheldon apologizing to Penny for blowing her off and asking her why Bernadette was mad at her?   Wow, Sheldon is learning to be empathetic after all.   I will admit that I did enjoy the little wasp factoid.   I've missed those tidbits on the show as well.

Yes that was sweet of Sheldon,  when he paused a bit, then called her back and apologized to her, ready to listen to her (well, at least, for a moment, he was lol). I liked the little wasp factoid too.

Edited by serena_1995

Posted (edited)

Really enjoyed the episode! Some reason it felt very refreshing. I don't know if it was the camera angles, or seeing Bernadette's office, is that the first itme we have seen that set? Could be wrong. But it just flowed from scene to scene better then it has in recent years. I actually love the Military Plot. Not neccessarily because of the Military, and Guidance System. But it feels like the good old days the Guys being the focus. They are the stars of the show. And I love that that is the main story atm. I thought Kaley once again nailed this episode, as did Mel. 10x01 and 10x02 have been some of Kaleys best performances of her career imo. Her range of emotions, from funny, to expressive, to sad, to happy. Is just very very good. Mel was a star too. The cast are just so good at what they do, and it is like a well oiled machine. Best sitcom on tv atm, I Would say that even if I Was not a fan. The opening scene felt like the old days, starting with the guys. What I am loving about Season Ten so far, is the guys are the focus. And when Penny walked into Bernies office, with her new suit. Was like ahhh that is how they should be dressing Penny. Smart, Sexy, and progressive. I even enjoyed the SP scene. Felt old school to me. Ahh #Lemongate. Still a tad bothered by her line, "Does Leonard even like lemon" You tell us Penny, he is your husband hahaha. But I can concede, lots of married couples would ask that question, so not detrimental. Sheldon was aware Penny was upset, and even asked are you ok. Wow Sheldon has come a long way, not sure I like he is not clueless anymore. But he has developed. The show feels like Young Student Professionals. And it feels the show is starting to shift away from the inittial premise. Which is good, if they want 2 more years out of it. Which I think creatively their seems a renewed vigour about the show. And when Penny blabbed to Amy it was her. Was I The only one who got Rachel Green vibes! :sarcastichand:. Was so uncanny. Overall it was nice to see the show return to its roots I agree, comedy. And oh almost forgot, Dean Norris! Legend! He was very good. He was lways the light comedic releif in Breaking Bad, well until he found out Walt was Heizenberg haha. So he was very good. I voted Very Good. 

Edited by 3ku11
mjc45, hokie3457, Zephon75 and 3 others like this

Posted

Pretty good episode.

1 hour ago, Kev0821 said:

Attention my fellow "Military Miniaturization" attendees: Was anyone else surprised by the final Penny/Bernadette scene?

Not really. I never take taping reports for granted. This is how they wanted us to see the episode and that's all that matters.

veejay, joyceraye and Kev0821 like this

Posted

1 hour ago, Kev0821 said:

Attention my fellow "Military Miniaturization" attendees: Was anyone else surprised by the final Penny/Bernadette scene? I really loved the original that we saw... Bernadette claiming that she should have eaten the apple slices, starting the rumor that Penny sells drugs to biker gangs, and claiming that she doesn't think she's handling the pregnancy well. Oh, well! Some of the final version's dialog sounds familiar, but I can't remember if we saw this version as the final one of the night, or if they went back and re-shot later on...

This is why I'm so grateful for TRs. There is so often something else in the story that we don't see when it hits the screen.

Kev0821, veejay and brilliantfool like this

Posted

I rate this episode 3/5 as "okay". Sheldon was pretty funny, nasty Bernadette was pushing her luck at her job (threatening to sue Zangen, might get canned huh), and Penny in a skirt being the visual stunner that she is.

Did you know the fast-image-intro contains a graphic depiction of a man getting his foot sawn off? Around "1900".

joyceraye likes this

Posted

I rated it ok was disappointed mostly

Sent from my SM-G920P using Tapatalk

joyceraye likes this

Posted (edited)

1 hour ago, 3ku11 said:

Was I The only one who got Rachel Green vibes! :sarcastichand:.

Oh, I got the Rachel Green vibes, too.

Also Penny's line, "Sure, Sure." to Bernadette in her office reminded me of when Leonard said the same thing to Stuart's substitute in the comic book store when trying to return the Mystic Warlords of Ka'a expansion pack in The Flaming Spittoon.   I thought how cute that Leonard's speech patterns are rubbing off on Penny.

I forgot to mention in my earlier post that I enjoyed Sheldon turning all lawyer on the lawyer.   However, Sheldon with all his smarts didn't get that he wouldn't be able to represent Leonard because he would be the murder victim in the case.

I thought the comedic writing in this episode was superb.

Edited by jenafan

Posted

The episode looked like an old style one, with the boys spending time together for a common interest and teasing at each other. I liked their chemistry in the episode (even if the gyroscope is not my favorite plot ever) and I liked also Amy on this one. She had just few lines, but she was on fire tonight. It was interesting to see Bernie's office and Penny visiting her; I think it's the first time we saw a scene like that, even the two work for the same company. Kaley nailed her scenes so much. The dialogue between Amy and Bernie was very interesting, we always get to see the guys' PoV about being  scientists and having problems or doubts about their careers, finally it was a female scientist's turn to express how she feels about her job and how tough it is to compete in this world. Actually, what left me down was the final talk between Penny and Bernie, @Kev0821 had the impression that was re-written, I would have liked the "original" version much better, threatening to sue your company to get a job (when it's not based on an actual injustice) it's not exactly my definition of equal opportunities...

Posted

I'll have to wait 24 hours for VOD as I worked late today.

joyceraye likes this

Posted

Not a lot of laughs in this. The H/L/S plot is weak. Bernadette nearly rescued it, but not quite.Doesn't augur well for upcoming episodes.

legacy99 and joyceraye like this

Posted (edited)

I really enjoyed the episode. The chemistry among boys is always  great and they are working together,  teasing together  is  tbbt old school but always so great! Sheldon pretending he could not say anything was so funny, JP is so talented at comedy. 

I also enjoyed the girls plot, especially to know more about Bernadette job and how she felt about some things as  she is a worker that is pregnant and how it would take charge about some tasks she could do or not being pregnant. It was very nailed about the impact of being mother has in job world to women.

Amy was on fire everytime she spoke It is so cool as we can see a bit of Amy carreer stuff, I hope the writers can develop it a bit this season.

Last but not least, the tag scene. It was so gang ish, I laughed so much!

Btw was only me that thought Sheldon would lift very well Amy when he lifted Howard? :icon_cheesygrin:

Edited by spidergirl
Grammar messed up, sorry

Posted

I really enjoyed watching Penny and Bernadette interact at work, they are good friends and I could picture Penny visiting Bernadette at her office all the time and them eating lunch together, like the guys do with Amy.  The guys with the eye scanner brought up memories, a few of us, at work a few years back, were shown some new eye scan units and all we wanted to do was play with them.  I think the project they are working on is going to be a recurring plot this season and this episode was a lead in for that.  

BTW, did anyone else catch that Sheldon telling the Colonel that they could do the project in two months was going to put pressure on them work long hours.  I would love to see a follow up episode where Leonard, Howard and Sheldon are working all the time making the girls really miss their nerds and start complaining that they aren't getting sex anymore, at their girls night together.

Posted (edited)

It was an OK episode. Laughed here and there, but not an episode I'm dying to re-watch or anything.

Edited by No Regrets
legacy99 and joyceraye like this