Tripper

episodes
1012 'The Holiday Summation' (January 5)

91 posts in this topic

Posted

14 hours ago, Chrismo said:

Sheldon being aware is different than putting his awareness into action is different. As you pointed out his mother does do the arranging and I've never seen him drive a car. I have been married 18 years. I do my own laundry and shop for my own underpants. My wife wouldn't know my size.

You must be a perfect husband. You'd better keep quiet about that, or we'll all want one.

Posted

While I don't do my own, my wife and I do take turns.  We also take turns cooking and doing dishes.  I buy my own clothes (except for gifts).  She cleans the house, and I do all the yard work.   And you don't want one like me, it's taken 40 years for her to get me trained properly.  

Posted

Amy still has a lot of training to do With Sheldon then haha. 

joyceraye and sdffcx like this

Posted

While I don't do my own, my wife and I do take turns.  We also take turns cooking and doing dishes.  I buy my own clothes (except for gifts).  She cleans the house, and I do all the yard work.   And you don't want one like me, it's taken 40 years for her to get me trained properly.  

I was already housebroken by my mother before I got married so was a good catch for a Maltese girl who grew up watch the men of her family do absolutely nothing inside the house! Share everything except ironing and toilets

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Posted

That was fun. Really very funny episode. Except I don't like the joke about leaving and forgetting the baby. Newborns are not to be left in a room alone.

joyceraye likes this

Posted

really loved this ep! I thought the Howardette part was both the funniest and the most touching

joyceraye and April like this

Posted

8 hours ago, soniamdissapoint said:

That was fun. Really very funny episode. Except I don't like the joke about leaving and forgetting the baby. Newborns are not to be left in a room alone.

I wouldn't be surprised if at least one member of the writing crew had done something similar. Tell yourself Howard had a portable audio receiver in his pocket, somebody checked on Halley every five minutes and a nancam was showing her on the TV while they all talked. They switched the TV off when they were getting ready to go home and everybody went through the door out of habit. Now you can relax. :)

Posted (edited)

Well its like the gag about drugging Sheldon, they have used over the years as a long running gag since Season 2. When Howard suggested he drugged Sheldon to get him their. Their was no issue back then. Now all of sudden, Oh that's not right! That is disturbing! What is wrong with Amy, that, this, uh no make it stop! Lol. As a rule if I diddn't see it onscreen, it diddn't happen. TBBT over the years throw out these gags. Even the gag of Leonard tries in the bedroom with Penny. Even though theirs tons of evidence he performs to at least satisfactory levels. Even the gag of Penny cannot act. Even though she has shown at times, shes a decent actress, just had bad luck. So comedy is all about exagerration. So leaving a newborn alone, diddnt bother me. I see nothing!

Edited by 3ku11

Posted

I think the drugging is funny if one sees it as a silly sitcom gag and disturbing if one thinks this could really happen.

But, I mean this is Amy....

Tasty.png

veejay, joyceraye, 3ku11 and 1 other like this

Posted (edited)

On 1/7/2017 at 11:56 AM, soniamdissapoint said:

Newborns are not to be left in a room alone.

So why do they have baby monitors?

Edited by Stephen Hawking
joyceraye likes this

Posted

On 1/6/2017 at 4:43 PM, Chrismo said:

and I've never seen him drive a car.

Although, we know know he can.

As for Lenny and Penny arguing over a TV show, it almost makes Sheldon being annoyed at Amy, for going to Wizard World without him, seem reasonable.

joyceraye likes this

Posted

5 minutes ago, Stephen Hawking said:

Although, we know know he can.

No, we have his claim that he can. All the actual evidence, so far, indicates he can't. 

5 minutes ago, Stephen Hawking said:

As for Lenny and Penny arguing over a TV show, it almost makes Sheldon being annoyed at Amy, for going to Wizard World without him, seem reasonable.

Nah, Lenny going from mad at each other over the tree, to an argument over the TV show seams reasonable.  Shamy going from sexually aroused to an argument over Harry Potter is kinda strange. 

joyceraye, 3ku11 and legacy99 like this

Posted

10 hours ago, djsurrey said:

Tasty.png

Amy licking Sheldon's equipment.

Not something I expected to see portrayed on a prime time sitcom. :laugh: 

Carm6773 and Jedichic98 like this

Posted

On 1/6/2017 at 11:43 AM, Chrismo said:

I've never seen him drive a car. 

Sheldon drove Penny to the hospital in the Adhesive Duck episode. 

JohnPhD, joyceraye, Chrismo and 2 others like this

Posted

Nice to see lately that some sections of the press are begining to notice the imbalance and that Lenny are been neglected.

That’s most evident with Leonard and Penny’s share of the runtime, which manages to be utterly forgettable while still being quite annoying. More than anything, after time away for the holidays, it reminded me of how little the writers seem to give to these two anymore. Let’s not forget that they’re supposed to be the male and female lead of this show, and it’s been months since they had a storyline of note.

Full story

http://www.denofgeek.com/uk/tv/the-big-bang-theory/46380/the-big-bang-theory-season-10-episode-12-review-the-holiday-summation

Sent from my SM-G935F using Tapatalk

legacy99 and Lagernisse like this

Posted

24 minutes ago, Tonstar17 said:

Nice to see lately that some sections of the press are begining to notice the imbalance and that Lenny are been neglected.

That’s most evident with Leonard and Penny’s share of the runtime, which manages to be utterly forgettable while still being quite annoying. More than anything, after time away for the holidays, it reminded me of how little the writers seem to give to these two anymore. Let’s not forget that they’re supposed to be the male and female lead of this show, and it’s been months since they had a storyline of note.
http://www.denofgeek.com/uk/tv/the-big-bang-theory/46380/the-big-bang-theory-season-10-episode-12-review-the-holiday-summation

Well, one sentence to Lenny’s problem doesn’t mean for me a wide riot. Also, the remark Lenny showed the least funny story, I would like to disagree precisely. But I am mentally with you. :shy:

Posted

Well, one sentence to Lenny’s problem doesn’t mean for me a wide riot. Also, the remark Lenny showed the least funny story, I would like to disagree precisely. But I am mentally with you. :shy:

I don't agree with that part about lenny not been funny too. But the big picture is lenny story was the weakest, the shortest and not narrative like the others. It was funny but it just felt like many lenny scenes, not a lot of thoughts are put into them. It feels rushed and tptb are just going through the motions to get it out the way as quickly as possible. It could have been done much better.

Posted (edited)

1 hour ago, Tonstar17 said:

Full story

And yes I'm being sarcastic. 

Edited by Tensor
Removed spoiler for next episode.
Tonstar17 and veejay like this

Posted

4 minutes ago, Tonstar17 said:

I don't agree with that part about lenny not been funny too. But the big picture is lenny story was the weakest, the shortest and not narrative like the others. It was funny but it just felt like many lenny scenes, not a lot of thoughts are put into them. It feels rushed and tptb are just going through the motions to get it out the way as quickly as possible. It could have been done much better.

In my opinion you have the same problem in the scene where Lenny was dancing in their underwear. 

legacy99 and Tonstar17 like this

Posted (edited)

16 minutes ago, Tonstar17 said:

[...] But the big picture is lenny story was the weakest, the shortest and not narrative like the others. It was funny but it just felt like many lenny scenes, not a lot of thoughts are put into them. It feels rushed and tptb are just going through the motions to get it out the way as quickly as possible. It could have been done much better.

But on Friday you wrote this...

On 6.1.2017 at 4:01 AM, Tonstar17 said:

[...] Thought lenny were the funniest .The banter in the car and their muddy faces was hilarious and tree on top of Leonard. Dragging it into 4a and all the noises from the tree and leonard, hoping whatever it is, kill us. Lol. More of them.

Anyways...

I really enjoyed the Lenny flashback. Of course it was too short, but still I enjoyed it. Had to laugh out loud often during these three minutes. :icon_cheesygrin:

8 minutes ago, Lagernisse said:

[...] the scene where Lenny was dancing in their underwear. 

Totally enjoyed this too. :icon_cheesygrin:

Edited by luminous
Lagernisse likes this

Posted

Totally enjoyed this too. :icon_cheesygrin:

Like I said it was funny. I loved it. But watching again. You can see how rushed it was compare to the other stories and how much funnier it would have been with them cutting the tree and even throwing it down the shaft. That was my point.

veejay, legacy99, JohnPhD and 1 other like this

Posted (edited)

7 minutes ago, Tonstar17 said:

how much funnier it would have been with them cutting the tree and even throwing it down the shaft.

Yeah, that would have been nice, if we would have seen this too. :yes:

Edited by luminous

Posted

1 minute ago, luminous said:

Yeah, that would have been nice, if we would have seen this. :yes:

Sometimes I wish the show had 40 minutes episodes. Surely some of the stories would have been better as we saw more on screen of what had been mentioned to happening off screen. :)