Tripper

episodes
1012 'The Holiday Summation' (January 5)

91 posts in this topic

Posted

1 minute ago, Tonstar17 said:

Like I said it was funny. I loved it. But watching again. You can see how rushed it was compare to the other stories and how much funnier it would have been with them cutting the tree and even throwing it down the shaft. That was my point.

Sent from my SM-G935F using Tapatalk

I think it could have been funnier if we had seen more of what happened in Texas to make it worthwhile going for Christmas. Without the decorations we wouldn't have known what time of year it was in the two houses. At least Lenny interacted with a tree and obviously had put decorations up. I thought Penny's lines about a physicist not knowing to hold on to an axe were funnier than if we'd seen that. Sheldon's screaming scenes, and Amy's nonsensical lines in the car about what Mary said, could have been omitted in favour of perhaps Lenny under that mistletoe or rescuing the tree-animal, Shamy singing carols in Mary's church, or perhaps the Bloomwitzopallis arriving home from the hospital.

On 09/01/2017 at 6:08 PM, HeWolf said:

Sheldon drove Penny to the hospital in the Adhesive Duck episode. 

Officially Penny was in charge so she was technically supervising Sheldon as a learner. She let him jump lights but he ended up in court when she wouldn't admit it because she couldn't afford the fine. Later when he said Amy taught him I took it to mean he'd finished his learner stage and passed his test for a full licence.

Posted

Officially Penny was in charge so she was technically supervising Sheldon as a learner. She let him jump lights but he ended up in court when she wouldn't admit it because she couldn't afford the fine. Later when he said Amy taught him I took it to mean he'd finished his learner stage and passed his test for a full licence.

I agree the physicist line was funny as an offscreen gag. Also agree that some of the scenes could have been played out a lot better or omitted and replaced with funnier scenes instead of the much ado about nothing we were given.

Sent from my SM-G935F using Tapatalk

joyceraye likes this

Posted

3 hours ago, spidergirl said:

Sometimes I wish the show had 40 minutes episodes. Surely some of the stories would have been better as we saw more on screen of what had been mentioned to happening off screen. :)

But then there's a change we would have to see Sheldon with his tightie whities on his head for fifteen or twenty of those minutes. Careful what you wish for.:icon_wink:

JohnPhD and legacy99 like this

Posted

Incidentally TbbT are promoting Sheldon with his whitues on his head on social media lol.

HeWolf likes this

Posted

13 hours ago, 3ku11 said:

Incidentally TbbT are promoting Sheldon with his whitues on his head on social media lol.

Of course they are...

Yep, this show is all about celebrating these people for their minds, abilities, and unique characteristics. That's why they lose every encounter with 'normal' people; Continue to fall prey to bullies, and; at no time triumph over life by using the things that make them special.

Yes, I  enjoy the show and, no, I don't want some radical paradigm shift to occur. I would, however, just once like to see them faced with some sort of dilemma and manage to come out on top. Let's see them achieve something and not be belittled, mocked, or humiliated in the process. Such a scenario could still be ripe with comedic opportunities. 

Posted

On 11/01/2017 at 4:42 AM, HeWolf said:

Of course they are...

Yep, this show is all about celebrating these people for their minds, abilities, and unique characteristics. That's why they lose every encounter with 'normal' people; Continue to fall prey to bullies, and; at no time triumph over life by using the things that make them special.

Yes, I  enjoy the show and, no, I don't want some radical paradigm shift to occur. I would, however, just once like to see them faced with some sort of dilemma and manage to come out on top. Let's see them achieve something and not be belittled, mocked, or humiliated in the process. Such a scenario could still be ripe with comedic opportunities. 

When you put it like that it reminds me of the Charlie Brown syndrome...

Screenshot 2017-01-12 at 8.38.40 PM.png

wowbagger, veejay and HeWolf like this

Posted

I just rewatched "The Fetal Kick Catalyst" and realized they have made a mistake in this episode: Sheldon says he jad never touched Stuart, but he did touch him when they were drunk after the Shamy brunch! I don't think Sheldon was so drunk that he can't remember that...

serena_1995 likes this

Posted

5 hours ago, bfm said:

I just rewatched "The Fetal Kick Catalyst" and realized they have made a mistake in this episode: Sheldon says he jad never touched Stuart, but he did touch him when they were drunk after the Shamy brunch! I don't think Sheldon was so drunk that he can't remember that...

Your giving this show too much credit. This show and continuity haha. 

bfm likes this

Posted

Agree with everyone who said there was too much Shamy and not enough Lenny (which was almost everyone who posted). They could have cut out all the Shamy scenes that didn't have Mary in them. What I thought was sad: Sheldon was upset that Mary thought he'd be alone all his life (or most of it - "I assumed there'd be nurses at the end". Great line - don't think Mary's ever had a dud line, or one that was just filler.) I remember what Sheldon said at Bernadette and Howard's wedding - "May you find as much happiness with each other as I find with myself". I wish he'd told Mary that if he hadn't found a partner he'd still have been happy with his mind.

joyceraye likes this

Posted

11 hours ago, JohnPhD said:

Agree with everyone who said there was too much Shamy and not enough Lenny (which was almost everyone who posted). They could have cut out all the Shamy scenes that didn't have Mary in them. What I thought was sad: Sheldon was upset that Mary thought he'd be alone all his life (or most of it - "I assumed there'd be nurses at the end". Great line - don't think Mary's ever had a dud line, or one that was just filler.) I remember what Sheldon said at Bernadette and Howard's wedding - "May you find as much happiness with each other as I find with myself". I wish he'd told Mary that if he hadn't found a partner he'd still have been happy with his mind.

Agree ! Sheldon was functioning well enough by his own lights before Raj and Howard went mate-hunting for him.Apart from occasionally helping out in crises like any other mother who finds her children are more of a worry when they're grown up than when they were babies, Mary must have observed this. Had it not been for Amy - even Mary called her 'unique' - Sheldon could have lived his life as a crusty bachelor academic and been content enough. He did say something at Howard's stag do to the effect that he'd once thought Howard would have been the last of them to get married, so the idea of marriage for himself must have crossed his mind. No doubt on reflection the idea of having a wife clogging up his life made him decide singlehood was the better option.  Amy,he's found over time, enhances the life he used to enjoy, not diminishes. Sure, he's having to learn stuff if he wants to hold on to her for the next six decades but learning isn't new to him, and it's useful for relating to the world anyway. That's something he should have followed up the bold with. Mary could have said something nice in response and we'd have been saved all the silliness. Mary knows the situation really. She understandably wanted to have a  bit of  dig at Sheldon considering the embarrassment she might be suffering in her own circle, probably having talked him up for years.

JohnPhD likes this

Posted

4 hours ago, joyceraye said:

Mary knows the situation really. She understandably wanted to have a  bit of  dig at Sheldon considering the embarrassment she might be suffering in her own circle, probably having talked him up for years.

Good point: Sheldon must be gone but not forgotten from their small town, and no doubt fellow-members of Mary's church enjoy asking if there's any sign of his marrying, is he a professor yet, etc. Hadn't thought of that, but now you point it out it seems like how it would be.

Incidentally, a small point struck me: Mary asked if B & H were going to raise Halley "Jewish or regular". Surprised Mary's church regards RC as "regular".

Another small point: there was a reference to the baby throwing up. If they're not going to call it "Halley's Vomit", what was the point of namimg her Halley?

joyceraye likes this

Posted

20 minutes ago, JohnPhD said:

Good point: Sheldon must be gone but not forgotten from their small town, and no doubt fellow-members of Mary's church enjoy asking if there's any sign of his marrying, is he a professor yet, etc. Hadn't thought of that, but now you point it out it seems like how it would be.

Incidentally, a small point struck me: Mary asked if B & H were going to raise Halley "Jewish or regular". Surprised Mary's church regards RC as "regular".

Another small point: there was a reference to the baby throwing up. If they're not going to call it "Halley's Vomit", what was the point of namimg her Halley?

My guess is Mary's only noticed that Howard's Jewish. She probably doesn't know that Bernadette is RC. I wonder what she'll think when she hears that the only godparent's a Hindu. 

I hadn't noticed the <-groan-> with Halley's throwing up. Very clever.

Posted

Why was Sheldon so opposed to touching Howard and Bernadette's baby, when he held his own nephew, when he was only a few hours/days old?

joyceraye likes this

Posted

29 minutes ago, Stephen Hawking said:

Why was Sheldon so opposed to touching Howard and Bernadette's baby, when he held his own nephew, when he was only a few hours/days old?

lol who knows why. Thought you would have picked up on him saying he has never touched Stuart when he did earlier in the season at the brunch iirc.

joyceraye and spidergirl like this

Posted (edited)

4 minutes ago, Jonny said:

lol who knows why. Thought you would have picked up on him saying he has never touched Stuart when he did earlier in the season at the brunch iirc.

Sheldon 's eiddetic memory had already had better days, lol!

Edited by spidergirl
Jonny and joyceraye like this

Posted (edited)

I see Amy didn't follow the advice Sheldon gave her, when they first met. :) 

Edited by Stephen Hawking
sdffcx likes this