Tensor

1013 The Romance Recalibration

58 posts in this topic

Posted

When Amy went to take off that bathrobe, it raised my hopes (and not just my hopes :biggrin: ) a bit.

sdffcx likes this

Posted

On 1/21/2017 at 9:40 PM, 3ku11 said:

I agree with you. I'm just saying Penny needed space, and diddnt appreciate Leonard ignoring those wants. I liked that Leonard challenged her. And diddnt let it stir. And while the dream was Ooc. You could look at it, as a reveal. Penny does like that stuff. I'm not sure Leonard burping was ooc. But I agree that was probably Ooc for them. I guess I'm just like okay what should of the writers done instead of this? I guess I think they did this because they thought it was the most funniest from a casual perspective. I'm not sure they care enough about what's Cannon or not anymore.

You could look at it, as a reveal. Penny does like that stuff. I'm not sure Leonard burping was ooc.

This is what bugs me about the dream. It's not that Penny doesn't care about romance, as there's no doubt that she does. Leonard has always made little gestures that she has found touching; i.e. the snowflake from the North Pole. That part of her has also been revealed by the fact that she has a box full of memorabilia from their relationship. She has not, however, previously demonstrated any interest in the over the top type of display presented in the dream. Nor has Leonard ever shown any aptitude in the area of making such gestures. He might be the 'Romance Ninja', but he's no smooth Don Juan.

As for Leonard sitting around in dirty underwear, burping, while playing video games... Really? Does anyone really believe that Sheldon would have permitted such behavior? Leonard has been well trained and domesticated by his years with Sheldon. If anything, Penny would probably have to get him to loosen up and get over the years of mental subjugation and behavioral training he experienced at the hands of Dr. Cooper.

Canon? The writers have never concerned themselves with continuity or canon. Why would they start now? :scratchhead:  

legacy99, JohnPhD, joyceraye and 1 other like this

Posted

Sheldon goes to bed pretty early, i think it's certainly plausible that Leonard would have been playing video games with nobody around in the 4A living room at the time and he unleashed the inner slob mode back then. Of course there must have been times when one of them was alone during the day in their apartment.

This is all a game of assumptions, just like the assumption that Sheldon wouldn't allow it.

joyceraye likes this

Posted

1 hour ago, HeWolf said:

As for Leonard sitting around in dirty underwear, burping, while playing video games... Really? Does anyone really believe that Sheldon would have permitted such behavior? Leonard has been well trained and domesticated by his years with Sheldon. If anything, Penny would probably have to get him to loosen up and get over the years of mental subjugation and behavioral training he experienced at the hands of Dr. Cooper.

The first thing Leonard did when Sheldon was out of the door was dropping his pants. So there might have been some desire there that have been suppressed thanks to the RA. Now that Sheldon is gone maybe Leonard is enjoying his freedom by doing all those things he couldn't do before? LOL

Maddie, serena_1995, HeWolf and 3 others like this

Posted (edited)

1 hour ago, Jonny said:

Sheldon goes to bed pretty early, i think it's certainly plausible that Leonard would have been playing video games with nobody around in the 4A living room at the time and he unleashed the inner slob mode back then. Of course there must have been times when one of them was alone during the day in their apartment.

This is all a game of assumptions, just like the assumption that Sheldon wouldn't allow it.

But some assumptions are more believable than others. Not seeing Leonard in his underwear and Sheldon with rules is IMO more believable.

10 minutes ago, April said:

The first thing Leonard did when Sheldon was out of the door was dropping his pants. So there might have been some desire there that have been suppressed thanks to the RA. Now that Sheldon is gone maybe Leonard is enjoying his freedom by doing all those things he couldn't do before? LOL

As someone said on another thread and I believe is true is that Penny would have made a comment about the underwear and burping. Then again there would been no shock value for Leonard later because her comment wouldn't of come out of left field.

Edited by Chrismo
joyceraye and legacy99 like this

Posted

Damn you, Leonard. I've identified with you for 9&1/2 seasons and you let me down like this - burping in your underwear in front of Penny. And what's this emotional accountancy all about - who puts in more effort? Do everything you can to make Penny happy and she'll make you happy. It's not a zero-sum game between opposing players. You can't win with me when you do something wrong in your relationship with Penny - if I never did something like that you're just a brute, and if I did then why couldn't you have more sense.

The Shamy snog in front of Lenny was uncalled-for - there's no sexual chemistry between A & S so their grapplings are horrible to watch.

There have been complaints that TBBT is too much the Sheldon Show these days, but he could have really come into his own this ep. He's Leonard's best friend and only friend apart from Penny and the only person apart from Leonard and her family back in Nebraska who cares for Penny, so he could have played a beautiful role in helping them through their crisis if the writers had made a bit of effort, But they didn't, so he didn';t.

joyceraye, 3ku11 and legacy99 like this

Posted

Just seen this, and I'm giving it an average, bordering on good.

Amy being the host of girls night was kinda cute, and her now having a boyfriend "who is real, so people can see him" left me feeling a bit sad about her earlier life.

Oh, and she certainly has a stunning pair of pins. :maninlove: 

As for Penny accepting Leonard "as is:laugh: 

joyceraye likes this

Posted

I think it would've been funnier if, instead of Leonard burping, he'd lifted his ass cheek and farted.

That would've been default_roflmao.gif.a8e32b7e4d328ad2621cd012a6acfd0b.gif