Tripper

Episodes
1015 'The Locomotion Reverberation' (February 9)

100 posts in this topic

Posted (edited)

Surprised that the trying to trick Sheldon and the Charlie Brown thing isn't getting more love. I thought Sheldon would absolutely see through their attempt but I almost fell off the couch laughing when he completed that Charlie Brown drawing. Maybe I am just easily amused, or that everyone else saw it coming a mile off and therefore not as funny lol?

Edited by Jonny

Posted

2 minutes ago, Jonny said:

Surprised that the trying to trick Sheldon and the Charlie Brown thing isn't getting more love. I thought Sheldon would absolutely see through their attempt but I almost fell off the couch laughing when he completed that Charlie Brown drawing. Maybe I am just easily amused, or that everyone else saw it coming lol?

From me got the best laugh I had in the episode! I love when the maths can contribute in some way and that simbol of an expoent from a maths equation was priceless! Cheers for more science jokes in show!

Jonny, HeWolf, joyceraye and 4 others like this

Posted

18 hours ago, DaisyJane said:

Not sure what everyone means when they say Lenny aren't ready to be parents, especially looking at the sole parents of the group. Both are significantly more mature than Howard and much more patient and nurturing than Bernadette. 

I agree and disagree. I agree that they are ready to be parents. If they are it is gonna be like Howdette a surprise. The problem is Lenny over analyze everything. Penny tells Leonard he does but the fact is so does she. The discussion in the car when Penny quite honestly was feeling sorry for herself to me was the most meaningful of the show. Bernadette pointing out that Leonard loves her so much he married her twice and raising a baby isn't easy was spot on advice.

in regards to Howard being mature generally your correct. But to me the most mature moment for Howard was when he proposed and apologized after the bachelor party. He realized there was no one else for him. And he was right.

in regards to Bernadette on the surface she is not the most  patient and nurturing. But when she has to be she is. Being with Howard with his lack of maturity is going to test anyone's patience. To me overall she has done pretty well. In regards to nurturing I think she has admitted having a problem with that. That was her concern about having a baby. But it appears IMO she is a good mother. In her advice to Penny she could of easily told her boo hoo stop feeling sorry for yourself. But she didn.'t.

joyceraye, legacy99, HeWolf and 1 other like this

Posted

My review about the episode...

Overall it was a nice episode. I had a few good laughs and got a bit teary eyed in girls car scene. Glad science stuff contribute to one of my biggest laughs with charlie brown fake equation, I really would like we could have more science in show often. Colonel Wiliams is a funny character, love the way he speaks, lol!

Penny's worries at this moment. I 'd like realy we could know more what are her thoughts with some depth about her life right now and not just a throw  lines in random episodes. I am saying this with all my heart, as I think there is potencial for Penny get more depth in further  plotlines . Not only because she is a main character and married with another main character , I mean this because there are so many things about her that could be explored narratively. And about her marriage with Leonard as well. Like a honeymoon for them, a trip they would be to a nice place and have fun. Then when they got back, we could see some of their issues being fixed. 

*Raj and Stuart. I dont know well what to think of where their lives are going. Creepy and weird quotes are best they can do right now. Maybe we get better news soon.

*Bernie.  Realy liked her plotline this week and girls together plotlines are  always great stuff. Nice depth of Bernie's thoughts about motherhood . The milk joke after Penny and Amy crying was not funny imo, it kind of ruined the dramatic narrative tone. But it is a sitcom, I know, the throw line is always queen, lol!

* Howard, Leonard and Sheldon. Classic tbbt science and mocking stuff among boys that amused me. Except the putting things on drinks that is not funny and not decent to friends do to others friends, whatever the reason. 

*Amy. Her tears got me teary eyed but they made sense as the shamy ring stuff is still a pendent ploline after almost two years. Althoug Amy knows Sheldon has in his mind to marry her, the ring is still kept on box, even they could not been in better page they are now.Looking foward to seeing more developments in this front as shamy has been bonding episode after episode this season and the engagement is around the corner, as all shamy plotlines have been showing they are getting ready to get to that big step in their relationship, it is only a question of oportunity of the subject is brought up again.

* Tag scene. The funiest tag scene from this season. It was a nice built up from what shamy did through the episode. Daydreaming  is something so nice to do as people are in love and usually they have all most enjoyable elements from dreamer and the person the dreamer dreams of. Sheldon 's excitment from trains and Amy' s attraction for her boyfriend  were the perfect mixing for such funny moment. Now I would like to see a Sheldon's dream, it would be fair.

Btw, the quote of the episode was imo the patrick and sponge bob one, lol! Raj and Stuart realy looked like a weird pair, lol!

Already looking foward to seeing next episode.

Jonny, serena_1995 and Jedichic98 like this

Posted

Was bored so decided to watch the episode. Did not laugh once. It actually made me more bored. Sheldon annoying Amy was just dreadful to watch how amy puts up with sheldon’s behaviour is beyond me. Then again I could say the same about leonard. Oh don't get me started about leonard. I can't believe that a physicist of leonard caliber cannot even try and understand the maths or some of it that he and Howard were building the prototype for. They just stood there looking at the board clueless like penny was in S1x01 when she looked at their boards. If I didn't know better I would never have thought they were scientists. The girls plot was okay. Bernadette stole it for me. Penny, I don't think she knows what she wants or ever will. Tptb have never really given us much on what she is thinking or what's bothering her. Just little hints here and there that mostly doesn't make any sense to the viewers. Raj and Stuart. No comment. The tag scene. Good for Amy and sheldon fans. Overall did not enjoy this episode. Everything about the episode did not make sense. Leonard spending 4 grand on a the train ticket. Sheldon getting the engine into 4b. You will need at least 6 people or more to lift that engine, how did they get it through the door? Amy not remembering the ring and the list goes on. The sooner this show end the better.

Sent from my SM-G935F using Tapatalk

ajond, JohnPhD, No Regrets and 3 others like this

Posted

Should Bernadette be drinking heavily, while she's still expressing milk for her baby?

On 2/10/2017 at 2:47 AM, 3ku11 said:

Not the worst episode in the history of this series. That is Itchy Brain Stimulation, Speckerman, and Slutbunny.

While I agree Speckerman was dire, I quite enjoyed Itchy Brain and Slutbunny, aka The Plimpton Stimulation.

Posted

6 minutes ago, Stephen Hawking said:

Should Bernadette be drinking heavily, while she's still expressing milk for her baby?

While I agree Speckerman was dire, I quite enjoyed Itchy Brain and Slutbunny, aka The Plimpton Stimulation.

No but from what the show stated, she's got reserves in the freezer.  If she's got enough, she can get drunk that one night, and for the next 3 days or so, she can feed the baby her back up freezer milk and keep pumping her breasts and just get rid of it for those three days.  Or give it to Stuart.

legacy99 and bfm like this

Posted (edited)

On 10/02/2017 at 3:16 AM, April said:

When they started out the show they threw in every science joke they could think of and it wasn't just a trademark of Sheldon - the guys' dialogue was almost interchangeable in that regard which always makes it so weird to me during rewatches when Penny is singling out Sheldon as the weird one when Leonard is barely able to say a sentence to her without any science references she doesn't understand.

Aladdin-disneyscreencaps.com-5032.thumb.jpg.6a90fbe8fcfa95e361bc5d52abd78b64.jpg

Perhaps you have forgotten 1.02 ? {Sheldon slips into Penny's apartment to clean it while she is sleeping}

1.04 Mary was called after Sheldon completely lost it.

Leonard was just a little quirky. Sheldon was a step away from the psych ward.

Edited by djsurrey
3ku11, bfm, legacy99 and 1 other like this

Posted

2 hours ago, djsurrey said:

Aladdin-disneyscreencaps.com-5032.thumb.jpg.6a90fbe8fcfa95e361bc5d52abd78b64.jpg

Perhaps you have forgotten 1.02 ? {Sheldon slips into Penny's apartment to clean it while she is sleeping}

1.04 Mary was called after Sheldon completely lost it.

Leonard was just a little quirky. Sheldon was a step away from the psych ward.

I was strictly talking about the dialogue in terms of her complaining of not understanding Sheldon when he talks science. That was at a time when Leonard did just the same.

Posted

7 hours ago, spidergirl said:

My review about the episode...

Overall it was a nice episode. I had a few good laughs and got a bit teary eyed in girls car scene. Glad science stuff contribute to one of my biggest laughs with charlie brown fake equation, I really would like we could have more science in show often. Colonel Wiliams is a funny character, love the way he speaks, lol!

Penny's worries at this moment. I 'd like realy we could know more what are her thoughts with some depth about her life right now and not just a throw  lines in random episodes. I am saying this with all my heart, as I think there is potencial for Penny get more depth in further  plotlines . Not only because she is a main character and married with another main character , I mean this because there are so many things about her that could be explored narratively. And about her marriage with Leonard as well. Like a honeymoon for them, a trip they would be to a nice place and have fun. Then when they got back, we could see some of their issues being fixed. 

*Raj and Stuart. I dont know well what to think of where their lives are going. Creepy and weird quotes are best they can do right now. Maybe we get better news soon.

*Bernie.  Realy liked her plotline this week and girls together plotlines are  always great stuff. Nice depth of Bernie's thoughts about motherhood . The milk joke after Penny and Amy crying was not funny imo, it kind of ruined the dramatic narrative tone. But it is a sitcom, I know, the throw line is always queen, lol!

* Howard, Leonard and Sheldon. Classic tbbt science and mocking stuff among boys that amused me. Except the putting things on drinks that is not funny and not decent to friends do to others friends, whatever the reason. 

*Amy. Her tears got me teary eyed but they made sense as the shamy ring stuff is still a pendent ploline after almost two years. Althoug Amy knows Sheldon has in his mind to marry her, the ring is still kept on box, even they could not been in better page they are now.Looking foward to seeing more developments in this front as shamy has been bonding episode after episode this season and the engagement is around the corner, as all shamy plotlines have been showing they are getting ready to get to that big step in their relationship, it is only a question of oportunity of the subject is brought up again.

* Tag scene. The funiest tag scene from this season. It was a nice built up from what shamy did through the episode. Daydreaming  is something so nice to do as people are in love and usually they have all most enjoyable elements from dreamer and the person the dreamer dreams of. Sheldon 's excitment from trains and Amy' s attraction for her boyfriend  were the perfect mixing for such funny moment. Now I would like to see a Sheldon's dream, it would be fair.

Btw, the quote of the episode was imo the patrick and sponge bob one, lol! Raj and Stuart realy looked like a weird pair, lol!

Already looking foward to seeing next episode.

Leonard and Penny has been married for almost two years now so I highly doubt that we will get to see a honeymoon trip or any other trip for Lenny.  To be honest I don't think the writers want's to write that kind of story for Lenny. 

veejay, JohnPhD, legacy99 and 1 other like this

Posted

Leonard and Penny has been married for almost two years now so I highly doubt that we will get to see a honeymoon trip or any other trip for Lenny.  To be honest I don't think the writers want's to write that kind of story for Lenny. 

Yeah. They have been saving all the good plots for sheldon and shamy. The writers cares less about growth or development for the other characters. It just gets in the way of making sheldon awesome at everything and dumbing down the others.

Sent from my SM-G935F using Tapatalk

john2p, JohnPhD, bfm and 4 others like this

Posted

I seriously doubt that we will get any storyline for lenny that doesn't include sheldon in a big way

Sent from my SM-G920P using Tapatalk

Tonstar17 and veejay like this

Posted

3 hours ago, April said:

I was strictly talking about the dialogue in terms of her complaining of not understanding Sheldon when he talks science. That was at a time when Leonard did just the same.

In the talking department Leonard was nervous around penny. Sheldon was clueless. 

legacy99 likes this

Posted (edited)

7 hours ago, Stephen Hawking said:

I personally diddnt like The Plimpton Stimulation. Saw a double standard their. Penny did that would hear ppl calling her promiscuous or a slut. The guys, ahhh they are just nerds. Still sluts lol. I comparatively enjoyed Itchy Brain more. Speckerman was and still is the worst of this series. Thing is this episode wasent bad persay. But it wasent great either. TbbT just not offering anything new or creative at this stage in the series. It's becoming like Himym very very predictable. 

Edited by 3ku11

Posted

2 hours ago, djsurrey said:

In the talking department Leonard was nervous around penny. Sheldon was clueless. 

That doesn't have anything to do with my observation that all the guys were talking very science-y in the beginning before the writers gave them more personality. I honestly do not care why Leonard talked more in science terms back then but rather that he did - to the point even that it gave Penny some major insecurities. Like that was a legit plot point in quite a few episodes.

Jonny likes this

Posted

That doesn't have anything to do with my observation that all the guys were talking very science-y in the beginning before the writers gave them more personality. I honestly do not care why Leonard talked more in science terms back then but rather that he did - to the point even that it gave Penny some major insecurities. Like that was a legit plot point in quite a few episodes.

No dispute on that, April. It was a lot of science talk early from everyone. For me, it was more central to the Sheldon character than the others. For me in Leonard's case it was only used to highlight the differences between him and Penny. For Sheldon it was his whole shtick. I only started watching in Season 5 but quickly binged earlier shows and it was that Sheldon I loved.

My original point that spurred your replies on this was a simple personal observation/feeling that Sheldon, a character I continue to love, has had his dialogue dumbed down a bit and for me it takes away from the character. Poodles and Taylor Swift and Kardashian awareness is not as interesting for me as his earlier persona. The changes in dialogue may have been necessary for him to become more socially normal in our society but it irks me. I also think the greater screen time magnifies it - I felt the manual reading obsession with Amy was overplayed. His earlier ramblings were interspersed with retorts from all the guys and Penny. And later Amy and Bernie. This was just a lot of talk from him and looks and one liners from Amy. You may see it differently which is fine but I feel what I feel.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Posted

RE:  Bernie drinking & breastfeeding.  When I had my kids 40 years ago, we were advised to have a beer or glass of   wine to help relax and aid the breastfeeding!  I didn't much because I don't care for beer or wine.

vonmar and Lady in Red like this

Posted

On 2/10/2017 at 1:48 PM, Judith said:

I thought he said he had it for six years.

I thought he said he had it for two years, so that would be before he married Penny.

Posted

I just reran it.  He said he's had it, "...for a few years."  With that, I would guess some time in season seven. 

Posted

He said he'd been holding on to it for a few years - so up for interpretation

Posted

3 minutes ago, Itwasdestined said:

He said he'd been holding on to it for a few years - so up for interpretation

:icon_razz:

Posted

Missed it by that much!

Posted

20 minutes ago, Itwasdestined said:

Missed it by that much!emoji12.png

It was probably that distance thing.  You're further from the server than I am.  :icon_cheesygrin:

Itwasdestined likes this

Posted

I diddnt see that as a big deal. He purchased it before he got married. 

Posted

13 hours ago, Lagernisse said:

Leonard and Penny has been married for almost two years now so I highly doubt that we will get to see a honeymoon trip or any other trip for Lenny.

I know we didn't see them take the trip, but didn't Sheldon buy them a trip as a wedding gift?

6 hours ago, I Miss Dan said:

RE:  Bernie drinking & breastfeeding.  When I had my kids 40 years ago, we were advised to have a beer or glass of   wine to help relax and aid the breastfeeding!

Bernadette wasn't talking about a beer or glass of wine, but rather about getting drunk.