Tripper

episodes
1018 'The Escape Hatch Identification' (March 9)

43 posts in this topic

Posted

10 minutes ago, Jonny said:

I had kind of thought they made up at the wedding and perhaps started afresh (Leonard and Beverly) I guess not lol. Though they have had times before when they seem to come to an understanding and in their next meeting they revert back again so maybe that was always to be expected.

I can believe that when she is in psychiatrist mode that's all she sees and from a comedy writing perspective being at odds with each other is seen to have more value.

Actually she is a terrible psychiatrist, at least in the psychotherapeutic part. Extremely unethical and unprofessional. But she is a sitcom character, more of a parody on psychotherpists. 

And I don't think their relationship has high chances for recovery, not unless she is drastically changed. Even if she genuinely regrets emtionally abusing him and genuinely wants to change it will take a lot to improve their relationship.

legacy99, Jonny, joyceraye and 4 others like this

Posted

-With all the irritating "go back to India" jokes, I'm starting to suspect that's the Season 10 cliffhanger.

-Sheldon and Amy having the only important conversation. Amy really needs to let her boyfriend have some of his identity on their living space or she's a bad girlfriend.

-Fricking Raj heel turn. At least Big Bang didn't have his waffling with both sides unaware last all episode.

-Him moving in with Leonard/Penny is a vast improvement over him staying in Howardette land with Stuart. Might stay fresh if it doesn't last too long.

-Gigantic and annoying reaction. So even when Sheldon responds "normally" they accuse Amy of putting him on medication.

-Box of towels.

-The status quo keeps on combusting. First Stuart, now Raj. Who will wind up homeless and having to live with Shamy? Kripke? Bert?

-Is Sheldon's room his new spot? Because Bernadette's basically right on that.

-It's a good thing Sheldon remembered to cite Amy. Wouldn't want to look like a fraud.

-Trapped forever?. Well when you put it like that....

-"She said defensively". 

-All of your relationships are a disaster to make the next 54 episodes "interesting".

-I thought Leonard's mom issues were cast aside? But right, more likely Sheldon was talking to an alien that looked like her.

-Double special circumstance.

-Somewhere where he isn't causing problems. Right, like they'd ever let you go there.

-So apparently Stuart watches a lot of Walking Dead. If the robber had a gun I'm sure the bat would block it. Happened with Rosita.

-Sheldon's brain is not a good influence.

-Stuart's in perpetual regression. Guess only one of the losers is allowed to start thinking about not being one. Hope that spare couch change was enough for an ice cream from McDonald's.

-Doesn't matter if the door's locked if it's already closed.

-Have we ever met Bernadette's parents?

-"Just not in our bedroom dumbass".

-Batman statue isn't an actual third party, but I'm miffed that Amy miraculously took her guard down on it. Count your victories Sheldon.

joyceraye likes this

Posted (edited)

16 minutes ago, Shelldon said:

Have we ever met Bernadette's parents?

Her dad Mike, several times....her mom, mentioned more than seen...seen maybe twice.

Edited by vonmar
joyceraye and Denise07 like this

Posted

11 minutes ago, Shelldon said:

-With all the irritating "go back to India" jokes, I'm starting to suspect that's the Season 10 cliffhanger.

-Sheldon and Amy having the only important conversation. Amy really needs to let her boyfriend have some of his identity on their living space or she's a bad girlfriend.

-Fricking Raj heel turn. At least Big Bang didn't have his waffling with both sides unaware last all episode.

-Him moving in with Leonard/Penny is a vast improvement over him staying in Howardette land with Stuart. Might stay fresh if it doesn't last too long.

-Gigantic and annoying reaction. So even when Sheldon responds "normally" they accuse Amy of putting him on medication.

-Box of towels.

-The status quo keeps on combusting. First Stuart, now Raj. Who will wind up homeless and having to live with Shamy? Kripke? Bert?

-Is Sheldon's room his new spot? Because Bernadette's basically right on that.

-It's a good thing Sheldon remembered to cite Amy. Wouldn't want to look like a fraud.

-Trapped forever?. Well when you put it like that....

-"She said defensively". 

-All of your relationships are a disaster to make the next 54 episodes "interesting".

-I thought Leonard's mom issues were cast aside? But right, more likely Sheldon was talking to an alien that looked like her.

-Double special circumstance.

-Somewhere where he isn't causing problems. Right, like they'd ever let you go there.

-So apparently Stuart watches a lot of Walking Dead. If the robber had a gun I'm sure the bat would block it. Happened with Rosita.

-Sheldon's brain is not a good influence.

-Stuart's in perpetual regression. Guess only one of the losers is allowed to start thinking about not being one. Hope that spare couch change was enough for an ice cream from McDonald's.

-Doesn't matter if the door's locked if it's already closed.

-Have we ever met Bernadette's parents?

-"Just not in our bedroom dumbass".

-Batman statue isn't an actual third party, but I'm miffed that Amy miraculously took her guard down on it. Count your victories Sheldon.

You don't remember Bernadette's dad? He's been in a few episodes like the Thanksgiving in s7 where he bonded with Sheldon. We've also seen her mom but I can't recall when.

joyceraye and Jonny like this

Posted

7 minutes ago, Judith said:

You don't remember Bernadette's dad? He's been in a few episodes like the Thanksgiving in s7 where he bonded with Sheldon. We've also seen her mom but I can't recall when.

I think it's the ep where Penny guts the fish and Howard "agrees" to go fishing with Mike.

joyceraye, Tensor, legacy99 and 1 other like this

Posted

Oh right, it was Bernadette's mom I was referring towards. Since apparently the baby is conveniently with them.

joyceraye likes this

Posted

4 hours ago, Shelldon said:

With all the irritating "go back to India" jokes, I'm starting to suspect that's the Season 10 cliffhanger.

Thinking that is not a cliff hanger at all. Go Raj go. :dontknow:

JE7 likes this

Posted

I hope Raj gets shipped off to India in Season final. And we never see him ever again. It would solve ALOT of issues.

JE7 and legacy99 like this

Posted (edited)

9 hours ago, Judith said:

You don't remember Bernadette's dad? He's been in a few episodes like the Thanksgiving in s7 where he bonded with Sheldon.

9 hours ago, Cloud Strife said:

I think it's the ep where Penny guts the fish and Howard "agrees" to go fishing with Mike.

He was also in The Launch Acceleration, where Howard confesses that he's terrified of going into space, and in the Wedding scene, in The Countdown Reflection.

He appeared again in The Table Polarization, where Bernadette, Mike, Raj and (via Skype) Mike Massimino gather together, to tell Howard he shouldn't go back to the ISS.

Edited by Stephen Hawking

Posted

4 hours ago, Stephen Hawking said:

He was also in The Launch Acceleration, where Howard confesses that he's terrified of going into space, and in the Wedding scene, in The Countdown Reflection.

He appeared again in The Table Polarization, where Bernadette, Mike, Raj and (via Skype) Mike Massimino gather together, to tell Howard he shouldn't go back to the ISS.

Oh yeah, I know, but I picked that episode because that's where her mother appeared as well.

Posted

Overall it was an okay episode, as the mean and nasty tone of some jokes and  Beverly skype calls really took a bit of my fun down. I am going to detail a bit my thoughts for you could see my point.

I have said before that I hate the intention of someone drug another for any reason and those two quotes from Leonard in stairs to Amy were really unnecessary imo. I start to believe there might be a writer among the writers team who thinks that kind of jokes are hilarious. I am sorry but instead of I laugh, I cringe everytime  I hear a character drug someone or think another character could do it to another. Sheldon was saying something that was showing he is not that self-centered person he used to be and Leonard , an intelligent grown man only could think Amy nailed the medication and the dosage. First time Leonard mentioned the medication could work as joke, even, I did not laugh, but then the character mentioned it again and kind of reforced his thought. Then it was not anymore a joke as it turned as something Leonard would think of Sheldon, as he doesnt believe people could change or mature. Did not Leonard himself matured and changed for his love for Penny? Maybe it is me who want too much thoughtfull dialogues in tbbt but they could write the dialogue with a Leonard saying a snark funny comment about Sheldon's growth behavior about Raj living in 4A without making Leonard sounding mean, you know. They are all friends and it is so bad to see even randomly some of them being cold or nasty among themselves. Bad feelings or bad intentions are not funny, for much effort a dialogue could have as it is written in a way for making the audience laughing. These characters sounded less mean in beginning of the show and it doesnt make sense as older a friendship gets, the tendency is tolerance and patient with the flaws friends have. It is part of growing up.

The other part I thought it was too much mean was Beverly. Truth to be told, she made some interisting points about couples relatioships but imo she is a terrible therapist because she can´t say things without a bit of tact, especially if one of the people she was interacting with was her son. We know her relationship with Leonard has not been easy but Beverly in this epsisode was simply mean to everyone who is in a relationship. As she is a frustrated woman about her most emotional side of her life, she simply throw her frustrations into others without any mercy. That is not a role of a mother neither of a psychologist. I really dislike her in this episode, despite of course Christina's performance which is always great. However, as the character she didnt make laugh imo and worst, she could have done damages to both couples just because she did not even care to talk things wisely.

Things I enjoyed:

*Cold open, it was so cool to see each couple interactions as they were alone and talking about stuff before to sleep. 

* The intimacy of talks between Shamy and between Bernardette as they know so well each other. About shamy I have shared my thoughts earlier in shamy thread. About Bernardette I just love Bernie's smile as she speaks to Howard. Mellissa and Simon 's chemestry is getting better week after week.

*Raj and cinnamon are a good team, hehe! Stuart is a lost case of madness, lol! 

*Howard had the funniest quotes: the vision of Stuart and Raj running around the park cracked me up, LOL!

joyceraye and Jonny like this

Posted

On 3/19/2017 at 4:51 AM, spidergirl said:

Overall it was an okay episode, as the mean and nasty tone of some jokes and  Beverly skype calls really took a bit of my fun down. I am going to detail a bit my thoughts for you could see my point.

I have said before that I hate the intention of someone drug another for any reason and those two quotes from Leonard in stairs to Amy were really unnecessary imo. I start to believe there might be a writer among the writers team who thinks that kind of jokes are hilarious. I am sorry but instead of I laugh, I cringe everytime  I hear a character drug someone or think another character could do it to another. Sheldon was saying something that was showing he is not that self-centered person he used to be and Leonard , an intelligent grown man only could think Amy nailed the medication and the dosage. First time Leonard mentioned the medication could work as joke, even, I did not laugh, but then the character mentioned it again and kind of reforced his thought. Then it was not anymore a joke as it turned as something Leonard would think of Sheldon, as he doesnt believe people could change or mature. Did not Leonard himself matured and changed for his love for Penny? Maybe it is me who want too much thoughtfull dialogues in tbbt but they could write the dialogue with a Leonard saying a snark funny comment about Sheldon's growth behavior about Raj living in 4A without making Leonard sounding mean, you know. They are all friends and it is so bad to see even randomly some of them being cold or nasty among themselves. Bad feelings or bad intentions are not funny, for much effort a dialogue could have as it is written in a way for making the audience laughing. These characters sounded less mean in beginning of the show and it doesnt make sense as older a friendship gets, the tendency is tolerance and patient with the flaws friends have. It is part of growing up.

The other part I thought it was too much mean was Beverly. Truth to be told, she made some interisting points about couples relatioships but imo she is a terrible therapist because she can´t say things without a bit of tact, especially if one of the people she was interacting with was her son. We know her relationship with Leonard has not been easy but Beverly in this epsisode was simply mean to everyone who is in a relationship. As she is a frustrated woman about her most emotional side of her life, she simply throw her frustrations into others without any mercy. That is not a role of a mother neither of a psychologist. I really dislike her in this episode, despite of course Christina's performance which is always great. However, as the character she didnt make laugh imo and worst, she could have done damages to both couples just because she did not even care to talk things wisely.

Things I enjoyed:

*Cold open, it was so cool to see each couple interactions as they were alone and talking about stuff before to sleep. 

* The intimacy of talks between Shamy and between Bernardette as they know so well each other. About shamy I have shared my thoughts earlier in shamy thread. About Bernardette I just love Bernie's smile as she speaks to Howard. Mellissa and Simon 's chemestry is getting better week after week.

*Raj and cinnamon are a good team, hehe! Stuart is a lost case of madness, lol! 

*Howard had the funniest quotes: the vision of Stuart and Raj running around the park cracked me up, LOL!

Sheldon at times has been awful to Leonard. Itchy Brain and The Property Division. So I'm actually enjoying Leonard's snark towards Sheldon this season. He had it coming. Never bought their so called friendship. So no surprise they are growing apart. I found the drug line funny but that's just me.

While Bev is mean. She's the typical horrible sitcom mother. We know that. But it's not like anything she said aint true. Sheldon is using his old room as an escape from Amy. Lenny are using third parties in their relationship to avoid their own marital issues. So I actually found Bev helpful.

joyceraye and HeWolf like this

Posted

I liked this episode, where some changes are plotted.

But can anyone recognize this women? It's in Debbie Wollowitz's house, so it might be her in younger days?

v4Sr0Wu.jpg

joyceraye likes this

Posted

36 minutes ago, dezio1991 said:

But can anyone recognize this women? It's in Debbie Wollowitz's house, so it might be her in younger days?

v4Sr0Wu.jpg

It looks Like an older lady to me. Maybe Howard's grandma?

joyceraye likes this

Posted

I don't think there is enough resolution in the photo  to make it out.
Don't recall any reference to the photo in the show. It did seem like Howard had many relatives.

joyceraye likes this

Posted (edited)

10 hours ago, dezio1991 said:

v4Sr0Wu.jpg

If I remember correctly, the same pic was in Leonard's room (before Penny renovated it) and in Sheldon's old room in 4A. I think it might be an inside joke for the crew,  maybe she is one of the writer's grandmother or mother...Or it is just that they recycle this prop whenever they need a pic to decorate a room.

Edited by mirs1

Posted

8 hours ago, mirs1 said:

If I remember correctly, the same pic was in Leonard's room (before Penny renovated it) and in Sheldon's old room in 4A. I think it might be an inside joke for the crew,  maybe she is one of the writer's grandmother or mother...Or it is just that they recycle this prop whenever they need a pic to decorate a room.

With that thought about an inside joke who know what it really is. I was wondering what one might find with google. This popped up on a google search. If one found the right search terms perhaps that photo would pop up?bce1d1e68f75848ce2a8ff9a45f9de6c.jpg.36f812fde4fa204b0965e46a64db7f03.jpg

joyceraye and mirs1 like this