Tripper

episodes
1019 'The Collaboration Fluctuation' (March 30)

63 posts in this topic

Posted

16 hours ago, Zephon75 said:

Okay just like the taping report i hated this episode it was a chore to get through the Lenny/Raj story i did not like they went overboard with the things Penny & Raj did together and it became cringeworthy.Penny forgetting she was supposed to be going to breakfast with Leonard because she ended up doing yoga with Raj.Then we have the gossip how would Raj know so much in a short time and more importantly Leonard had no clue what she was talking about was stupid,he couldn't remember going to there office party so i think he never went Penny just thought he had which would explain why he knew nothing but not why Raj did.Then we have Penny suggest they all do something together,so they went shopping and Leonard ended up being bag holder worse Penny took Raj's opinion of her dress rather  than her husband.How awful must it feel for Leonard to think HE is the third wheel with his wife and Raj and them not really be paying attention to him.As for the wine tasting scene how did they not realise Leonard wasn't there i mean they even had a glass of wine for him and then Penny calling him rude was quite ironic although i think that's what the writers where going for.Then we have them talking about Leonard's feelings as though he is sitting right there,it came across just wrong to me.But the worst thing was though it appeared the writers where basically saying it's Leonard's fault and he  should just except his wife doing stuff with Raj that he should just suck it up.

Totally agree with everything you state here.  Also, I think the scene with the matching shirts was overkill. I was hoping Leonard would have said matching shirts should be with your husband and not Raj. It certainly seems that there was no resolution to this episode, as usual, so in all likelihood it will not be mentioned again as with the RA between Penny and Leonard. JMO, I know it was not mentioned but I cannot help but think that the night Penny and Raj were together in season 4 finale just might come up again as Leonard would feel more uncomfortable for as long as Raj lives there in apt 4A.  Just a thought?

legacy99, JE7 and Lagernisse like this

Posted

On 3/31/2017 at 9:30 AM, RJ1013 said:

Just to clarify, the bookstore montage wasn’t the only part of the Leonard/Penny resolution that was missing. In the final scene that aired, they cut off the discussion in 4A, ending with Penny and Raj leaving Leonard out of his own explanation. The rest of the scene that was taped had Penny and Raj feeling bad about all of it and trying to make it up to him by having him pick an activity that he wants to do. They may have even outright apologized, but I can’t quite remember. 

Anyway, I don’t think Penny would normally go on an outing like that with the two of them, but the fact that she did so added sincerity to what she had said about wanting to make it up to him. And it did so in a humorous way. Cutting all of that out really changed the way that story played out, and it wasn’t for the better, imo. 

Thanks for your input! I would have liked to have seen this scene. The truly irritating part is that this scene was most likely cut due to time constraints. The episode clocks in at around 18 minutes, so this footage may have taken it to 19... While I realize commercials help support the cost of the show, 19 minutes is still very short in comparison to the 20-22 minute sitcoms airing today. Then again, this is the not the first time a scene has been cut from the taping for broadcast, and it certainly won't be the last.

Posted

1 hour ago, Mario D. said:

Also, I think the scene with the matching shirts was overkill.

I thought the matching shirts were hilarious. If they also did it in the future then I'd think it was overkill.

Posted

1 hour ago, Kev0821 said:

Thanks for your input! I would have liked to have seen this scene. The truly irritating part is that this scene was most likely cut due to time constraints. The episode clocks in at around 18 minutes, so this footage may have taken it to 19... While I realize commercials help support the cost of the show, 19 minutes is still very short in comparison to the 20-22 minute sitcoms airing today. Then again, this is the not the first time a scene has been cut from the taping for broadcast, and it certainly won't be the last.

With the huge Pampers product placement you'd think they could afford to give a few more seconds to a scene or two. lol

Nah, but seriously, If the show was clocking at 20-21 min I could believe it was cut for time restraints but at 18? That seems deliberate.

bfm, JE7, wowbagger and 4 others like this

Posted

37 minutes ago, April said:

With the huge Pampers product placement you'd think they could afford to give a few more seconds to a scene or two. lol

Nah, but seriously, If the show was clocking at 20-21 min I could believe it was cut for time restraints but at 18? That seems deliberate.

Well, if it was deliberate, could the whole Penny-Leonard-Raj situation not be resolved? Maybe there's a future story there... Of course, this is just speculation. Who's to say?

joyceraye and legacy99 like this

Posted

5 minutes ago, Kev0821 said:

Well, if it was deliberate, could the whole Penny-Leonard-Raj situation not be resolved? Maybe there's a future story there... Of course, this is just speculation. Who's to say?

None of the Lenny fights had a resolution lately, at least not on screen. It could be deliberate, the writers wanting them to keep this general impression that they are in a bad place.

legacy99, JE7 and joyceraye like this

Posted

3 minutes ago, bfm said:

None of the Lenny fights had a resolution lately, at least not on screen. It could be deliberate, the writers wanting them to keep this general impression that they are in a bad place.

And the writers are also keen on showing that Shamy is a so much better couple than Lenny. 

bfm, joyceraye, legacy99 and 1 other like this

Posted (edited)

19 minutes ago, Kev0821 said:

11 minutes ago, bfm said:

Yep, like @bfm said: None of their fights have been properly resolved on screen so far. They fight and argue and then the episode just stops. The only time they tried to resolve things was with their RA and that went nowhere as well since it's never been brought up again to, you know, help them deal with their conflicts like it was supposed to??? It's weird. It's like after the writers wrote the RA episode someone had the glorious idea "Wait, what if we let them keep fighting for the rest of the season!? :D" Nobody knows why... yet. Maybe we'll find out some day..?

Edited by April
joyceraye, Jonny, bfm and 1 other like this

Posted

-The episode begins with Penny's butt pointed upwards. Your fanservice won't work on me!

-"Well she's done". Oh so Leonard's the only actual butt in the room.

-Is the car honk so they don't have to write actual science dialogue?

-Sheldon talks about spoons instead of spooning Amy.

-10 years of "Sheldon waits for his friends to Google" moments and Sheldon still doesn't wait for them to respond first despite them always throwing their understanding back in his face.

-Don't worry Leonard, we don't remember the names of these irrelevants either. Because they didn't exist before tonight.

-For someone only having sex once a year, Sheldon seems to like inserting it into every conversation and making exaggerated foreplay. Can Season 10 at least end with them finally working out a new sexual agreement? Then Season 11's finale can be the engagement.

-Board game would be way better than shopping for shit Penny and Raj don't need.

-Why would they end up picking out the same shirt?

-"I'd write that down but I can't now, can I?". Checkmate, Amy. One day maybe Shamy can just share the power in their relationship.

-"At least someone had the courage to say it". You mean spray it.

-Sheldon chokes on MnM. Fade to black.

-But seriously, this licensed music again?

-174 diapers. We get it, the baby is a supernatural poop monster.

-Amy's nose is subtler than you, Sheldon.

-How were they so engrossed in talking that they didn't notice Leonard leave the apartment in such an open space? Quite a stretch.

-Who in the writer's room thought that making Leonard the third wheel instead of Stuart/Raj was a profound shake-up?

-Oh so many lulz, see, Bernadette pretends to tolerate a collection of things Howard likes attending, but then they reveal she didn't have any fun at those things at all! HAHAHAHAHAHAH. They've never set up a zinger similar to that before!

-2 more seasons of Shamy personally attacking each other before they stumble into the biggest scientific breakthrough in mankind.

-Is Raj knowing how to meet Penny's set of stereotypical needs supposed to be his relationship skills development?

-I guess this is the show's way of saying Shamy can be as terrible to each other as necessary for the comedy, because of the mutual ground rules they wrote down.

-In three days, a Sheldon step retracing since he apparently got blackout drunk......WTF TBBT. Enough of your OOC filler.

joyceraye and legacy99 like this

Posted

On 3/30/2017 at 9:45 PM, Chrismo said:

To me Sheldon one upping Amy is getting old and tiring.

He's an equal opportunity jerk.  Amy is catching a lot of the same weird Sheldon shit that Leonard got.  Complete with middle of the night crazy conversations.

legacy99 likes this

Posted

Well, this is good. Shamy finally have a basis to their relationship that I can believe in, instead of the totally unbelievable sexual bond. If this means no more horrible Shamy bed scenes, but only Shamy whiteboard scenes, I could even start to ship them a bit (see how I used "ship" as a verb like I knew what it meant). Not as much as I do Lenny, obvs, but a little bit.

It's good Penny has a new girlfriend now Bernadette is too busy. Too bad it's Raj, but you can't have everything. Now they need another to complete trhe social triangle. Now Penny no longer has 4B, girls' nights have to be in 4A.

Posted

On 13/04/2017 at 11:00 PM, JohnPhD said:

If this means no more horrible Shamy bed scenes, but only Shamy whiteboard scenes, I could even start to ship them a bit.

What's wrong with Shamy bed scenes?

Posted

34 minutes ago, Stephen Hawking said:

What's wrong with Shamy bed scenes?

Nothing.  In fact, they're not all that different from all those times Sheldon was waking up Leonard in the middle of the night to tell him weird things.  It's a real piece of continuity.

BigBangEnthusiast likes this