Pirate

Penny's family

28 posts in this topic

Posted

In season 10 we finally meat Penny's mother, father and brother but what about her sister. Anyone know more about her and if she may make an appearance? She was referenced way back in the first season on episode 2 but I haven't heard any other reference.

joyceraye likes this

Posted

I think Penny's sister was referenced twice since then.

In 609, The Parking Spot Escalation, Penny told Bernie and Amy,  the first time she got bikini wax,  it was her sister who did it with melted Crayolas and duct tape. And in 903, The Bachelor Party Corrosion, Penny told them her sister's water broke during the Father Daughter Dance at her own wedding.

I want to meet Penny's sister, too. And I hope we get to see a COOL SIS. 

IMO, I'm disappointed with Penny's mother and brother, based on what we saw in 1001, I didn't think those two characters were her mother who smoked pot when she was pregnant with Penny or her brother who cooked meth. I'm just not buying it.

joyceraye likes this

Posted

I think her mother i liked. But Randall was Mee Maw lvl of bad. I would like Kaleys sister to play her if we see her at some point. Her sister Bri. She played a part in S6 Valentines Day Episide. Playing Penny's ex new gf. But I'm sure most of the audience may of not noticed that. But yeah love to see her. And she's cool. And Penny looks up to her. And she's a big fan of Leonard. And Doesent think much of Sheldon. 

joyceraye likes this

Posted

7 hours ago, snapepans said:

I think Penny's sister was referenced twice since then.

In 609, The Parking Spot Escalation, Penny told Bernie and Amy,  the first time she got bikini wax,  it was her sister who did it with melted Crayolas and duct tape. And in 903, The Bachelor Party Corrosion, Penny told them her sister's water broke during the Father Daughter Dance at her own wedding.

I want to meet Penny's sister, too. And I hope we get to see a COOL SIS. 

IMO, I'm disappointed with Penny's mother and brother, based on what we saw in 1001, I didn't think those two characters were her mother who smoked pot when she was pregnant with Penny or her brother who cooked meth. I'm just not buying it.

I agree on both the mother and brother, nether seem right. I forgot about her sisters bikini waxing reference as well as the wedding water breaking.

joyceraye likes this

Posted

7 hours ago, 3ku11 said:

I think her mother i liked. But Randall was Mee Maw lvl of bad. I would like Kaleys sister to play her if we see her at some point. Her sister Bri. She played a part in S6 Valentines Day Episide. Playing Penny's ex new gf. But I'm sure most of the audience may of not noticed that. But yeah love to see her. And she's cool. And Penny looks up to her. And she's a big fan of Leonard. And Doesent think much of Sheldon. 

I totally missed Kaley's sister Briana in that Valentine episode. Thanks for pointing that out.

joyceraye likes this

Posted

On 20.3.2017 at 8:21 AM, 3ku11 said:

I think Penny's sister is supposed to be older than her, maybe even much older. In season 2 Penny was looking for a gift for her nephew's 13th birthday. Even if her sister was 16 when giving birth she would be about 37 by now. I think Briana is too young for that.

joyceraye and JohnPhD like this

Posted (edited)

3 hours ago, bfm said:

I think Penny's sister is supposed to be older than her, maybe even much older. In season 2 Penny was looking for a gift for her nephew's 13th birthday. Even if her sister was 16 when giving birth she would be about 37 by now. I think Briana is too young for that.

Come on this show and continuity. They could ignore all that Haha. 

Edited by 3ku11

Posted

On 20/03/2017 at 5:35 AM, Pirate said:

In season 10 we finally meat Penny's mother, father and brother but what about her sister. Anyone know more about her and if she may make an appearance? She was referenced way back in the first season on episode 2 but I haven't heard any other reference.

Penny mentioned once that her sister's water broke at her wedding. Presumably she's the mother of Penny's nephew who was thirteen  when Penny  was buying comics for him a few years ago. 

Posted (edited)

2 hours ago, joyceraye said:

Penny mentioned once that her sister's water broke at her wedding. Presumably she's the mother of Penny's nephew who was thirteen  when Penny  was buying comics for him a few years ago. 

Yeah she's prob 37-40. In Season 3 Penny was looking for a gift for her nephew at the original comic book store. So possible story their. Penny's nephew and her sister visit. And maybe her husband. 

Edited by 3ku11
joyceraye and bfm like this

Posted

The question though, is did his sister have that 13 year old nephew, or is he a step nephew.  After all, Wyatt said he want's grandkids before he dies.  So that would imply her sister didn't have kids yet.  But then, Penny also says that her not being pregnant when she got engage was a first for the family, so that imply her sister was pregnant, when she got married.  So, take your pick as to what the writers actually meant.  

JohnPhD and JE7 like this

Posted

TBBT continuity at its best :icon_cheesygrin:. I guess they have two likely outcomes. They could choose The Nephew exists or not I suspose. 

Posted (edited)

8 hours ago, Tensor said:

The question though, is did his sister have that 13 year old nephew, or is he a step nephew.  After all, Wyatt said he want's grandkids before he dies.  So that would imply her sister didn't have kids yet.  But then, Penny also says that her not being pregnant when she got engage was a first for the family, so that imply her sister was pregnant, when she got married.  So, take your pick as to what the writers actually meant.  

Her sister's water also broke at her wedding. Maybe he meant he wanted grandkids from Penny (and Leonard, so they won't live in a house with wheels :icon_biggrin:. Actually I think it would be funny to see a flashforward of Penny's family dealing with a genious kid, that would probably be a first for them).

Edited by bfm
Grammer
April, mirs1 and 3ku11 like this

Posted

6 minutes ago, bfm said:

Her sister's water also broke at her wedding. Maybe he meant he wanted grandkids from Penny (and Leonard, so they won't live on a house with wheels :icon_biggrin:. Actually I think it would be funnu to see a flashforward of Penny's family dealing with a genious kid, that would probably be a first for them).

That would be funny. Even funnier if they had twins like Sheldon and his twin sister. LOL. Food for thought.

joyceraye likes this

Posted (edited)

6 minutes ago, Pirate said:

That would be funny. Even funnier if they had twins like Sheldon and his twin sister. LOL. Food for thought.

I imagine Wyatt bombarding his genious grandkid(s) with questions, extremely excited about their detailed answers and showing them off and Susan/Penny's sister puzzeled by her/his/their mature and elaborate statements wondering how Penny gets them. LOL 

Some of it can also be done with Leonard if Lenny visit Nebraska but they never pull this one :(

Edited by bfm

Posted

Lenny well have two kids. One Smart Girl (Equality and all) and One Good looking Boy. This story could happen in the future. And yeah if they go to Nebraska. But I have doubts if TPTB if we ever see this. 

Posted (edited)

Parents casting is fine but I would need to see another storyline with Randall in it to decide whether to judge if he was a bad casting or not, could be down to the storyline which really wasn't that great.

Actually wouldn't have minded seeing him turn up and staying for an episode or two to judge his character/casting better.

Nothing to stop them introducing her sister in a future storyline, but you can say that also about Leonard's siblings, Amy's family, maybe even Howard's dad if they want to be really bold etc.

Edited by Jonny
snapepans, April, Tensor and 1 other like this

Posted

18 minutes ago, Jonny said:

Parents casting is fine but I would need to see another storyline with Randall in it to decide whether to judge if he was a bad casting or not, could be down to the storyline which really wasn't that great.

Actually wouldn't have minded seeing him turn up and staying for an episode or two to judge his character/casting better.

Nothing to stop them introducing her sister in a future storyline, but you can say that also about Leonard's siblings, Amy's family, maybe even Howard's dad if they want to be really bold etc.

All true. Definitely a good amount of material for a few more seasons.

snapepans and Jonny like this

Posted

12 hours ago, Jonny said:

We won't see Amy's family. She's a supporting character. Howard and Leonard's family is more likely. I thought Randall was a miscast. Simply for his apperence. And his portrayl of a former meth dealing guy. He seemed to detached for me. That's fine, I guess I was just expecting something else. 

JohnPhD likes this

Posted

15 minutes ago, 3ku11 said:

We won't see Amy's family. She's a supporting character. Howard and Leonard's family is more likely. I thought Randall was a miscast. Simply for his apperence. And his portrayl of a former meth dealing guy. He seemed to detached for me. That's fine, I guess I was just expecting something else. 

You saw Bernie's family, she I assume is classed as a supporting character by your criteria? Maybe we never see any of Amy's family, but I really hope we do.

Judith, bfm, mirs1 and 5 others like this

Posted

17 hours ago, April said:

We already saw her mother - even if it was only a short skype call. The whole argument that "she's a supporting character so we'll never see her family" is bogus no matter how you look at it.

I have to wonder why the supporting character card is pulled when it comes to Amy but not when it comes to Bernadette. Or maybe I don't.

bfm, Jedichic98, April and 6 others like this

Posted

On ‎3‎/‎22‎/‎2017 at 11:09 PM, Tensor said:

Another interpretation I read was that he  wants  a grandkid who doesn't live in a house on wheels. The scene with Wyatt doesn't sound like that though.

joyceraye likes this

Posted

On 3/23/2017 at 4:37 AM, 3ku11 said:

They could choose The Nephew exists or not I suppose. 

So Schrödinger's Nephew? :icon_biggrin: 

joyceraye and bfm like this

Posted

The dad was okay. The mom was okay. The brother was a total disaster to me, the worst miscasting since Meemaw. I didn't care about any of them though, and I didn't and don't care if I ever saw any of them. I certainly didn't spend the whole ep wondering why the sister didn't come. Howard's brother, yeah, I'd like to see  him again. But Penny's? Never would be too soon.

Posted

On 3/24/2017 at 11:28 AM, April said:

We already saw her mother - even if it was only a short skype call. The whole argument that "she's a supporting character so we'll never see her family" is bogus no matter how you look at it.

Well we have never seen her family. So clearly I am right.