Tripper

episodes
1021 'The Separation Agitation' (April 13)

30 posts in this topic

Posted

'The Separation Agitation' - Season 10, Episode 21 
Airs Thursday, April 13 at 8/7c on CBS.

Howard and Bernadette have a hard time leaving Halley in day care when Bernadette returns to work. Also, Bert introduces the gang to his new girlfriend, Rebecca.

Rate This Episode

mirs1 and spidergirl like this

Posted

5 hours ago, Stephen Hawking said:

Bert's girlfriend is very beautiful.

Too Beautiful :icon_cheesygrin:,

Posted

23 hours ago, 3ku11 said:

Too Beautiful :icon_cheesygrin:,

Terrible episode. The only thing to save the Bert storyline was to have Rebecca walking around in her underwear.

3ku11 likes this

Posted

22 minutes ago, Chrismo said:

Terrible episode. The only thing to save the Bert storyline was to have Rebecca walking around in her underwear.

Did She?

Posted

3 minutes ago, 3ku11 said:

Did She?

No. She has blonde hair now. Looks older but still beautiful.

Posted (edited)

Not the greatest, but I have to admit I liked seeing the gang interact with someone else.  

I also like Howard getting a chance to do his imitations.  

ETA: AND there were science jokes.

Edited by Capt. Hilts
joyceraye likes this

Posted

Noted this on the discussion thread but there is an article in Qqgqlaqmour qwquestioning if Lenny is breaking up after seeing this episode.

Posted

Yeah because them breaking up after investing and putting so much effort into them for ten seasons, is really the best outcome :icon_rolleyes:. Chill out. I Think things well seem more clearer in the next 3 episodes. Sounds like they want the pointless break them and drag them out to the finalie. Like Ross and Rachel, or Ted and Robin. Yeah no thanks. 

Posted

I like this show. I usually can find something about each episode to be entertained but this episode was bad. I feel like all these characters and thats all the dialog they could come up with? I feel like I could have written a better episode. This makes me sad I was not entertained this week.

joyceraye, Zhalen565, xjax and 4 others like this

Posted

I actually laughed more than last week.

45 minutes ago, luminous said:

It's official! Lenny are doomed! :yes:

The Big Bang Theory Season 10 Episode 21 Recap: Should Penny and Leonard Just Break Up?

Shit! I backed the wrong horse. :icon_rolleyes:

The author is just trying to get a rise out of fans, because the same thing could have been said about Shamy, how Amy has to treat him like a child all night, when is she going to get sick of his behavior and dump him for good and maybe hook up with lonely Raj.  Maybe that is why Raj is living next door, to steal Amy's heart, then they can live in 4B and Sheldon can live in 4A again, putting the top three together again.  Anything can be twisted into anything.

Posted

7 minutes ago, SRAM said:

I actually laughed more than last week.

The author is just trying to get a rise out of fans, because the same thing could have been said about Shamy, how Amy has to treat him like a child all night, when is she going to get sick of his behavior and dump him for good and maybe hook up with lonely Raj.  Maybe that is why Raj is living next door, to steal Amy's heart, then they can live in 4B and Sheldon can live in 4A again, putting the top three together again.  Anything can be twisted into anything.

Sorry Shamies, but I like that idea LOL. Anything beats the current premise of the show, where nothing happens, and no one is laughing. 

Posted

What was that ? It's the early hours of the morning and I've just imagined I downloaded and watched an amazingly bizarre episode of TBBT. I'll get a few hours' sleep and try again later.

Jonny and xjax like this

Posted (edited)

Leonard seemed smug and didn't even consider the possibility of going to the personal training sessions that Penny wanted them to do together - he didn't even want to try . For someone who is so fixated on Penny's looks to the extent of showing her embarrassing topless scene to his colleagues , he sure doesn't care about his own physical appearance.

And why don't Lenny say what they have in common? Instead of acting like a team - We get nothing.

And Amy yelling "go to the hall" and "dont you dare slam that door" makes it seem like Shamy have regressed to a pseudo mommy-child relationship with a creepy sexual component and drugging.

Why not just have Sheldon's actual mom in the episode to do that whenever he acts out of line ? Either have his actual mom there, or maybe let Amy act childish too, to balance things out Lol.

FWF started great and funny -but interrupted by Bert . That's so been there done that -last year with Raj and Kripke. FWF eclipsed by a stale relationship plot -where have i seen that before

I'm also surprised Rebecca couldn't find any rich  AND attractive guy in southern California? Hard to believe Bert was the only option. 

I  enjoyed Howard and Bernadette scenes , but I enjoy their scenes more without Stuart .

Edited by serena_1995
added a sentence
joyceraye, Chrismo and wowbagger like this

Posted

It was a funny episode. I gave it a good.

For her body. Same blood type. :sarcastichand:

Posted

It was ok. The last episodes are some light hearted. I loved Howard, Bernadette and Stuart. The Bert story had some funny lines. I don´t know how it will effects the future story lines.  If the Bert story was meant as a mirror for all the couples and Raj, and they have to think how to handle their own demons. Or it was a loose storyline meant for the easy comedy.

What the criticaster wrote, is the underlying feeling I have since this season. So I am not suprised about her review. But if the writers will go that far I really don´t care anymore.

9 minutes ago, serena_1995 said:

Leonard seemed smug and didn't even consider the possibility of going to the personal training sessions that Penny wanted them to do together - he didn't even want to try . For someone who is so fixated on Penny's looks to the extent of showing her embarrassing topless scene to his colleagues , he sure doesn't care about his own physical appearance.

And why don't Lenny say what they have in common? Instead of acting like a team - We get nothing.

And Amy yelling "go to the hall" and "dont you dare slam that door" makes it seem like Shamy have regressed to a pseudo mommy-child relationship with a creepy sexual component and drugging.

Why not just have Sheldon's actual mom in the episode to do that whenever he acts out of line ? Lol.

I'm also surprised Rebecca couldn't find any rich  AND attractive guy in southern California? Hard to believe Bert was the only option. 

I  enjoyed Howard and Bernadette scenes , but I enjoy their scenes more without Stuart lol.

I agree on most of your points. It looks like that the writers love to "smug" their two main couples as Raj. On the other hand Howardette they manage to write licht hearted but with realistic tone. 

veejay and joyceraye like this

Posted

9 minutes ago, serena_1995 said:

I'm so sick of these jokes, and I think what confuses is, it's mixed in with good (small mind you) but still good moments WITHIN the same episode :

The combined awkward acting in FWF

The proud look they gave each other when it was called "the longest". they are proud of their baby. 

->which brings me to this point, BOTH of them missed the cue that it was intended as an insult. Because as the resurrection of the Pamy painting shows, Amy is socially blind too. She's a little more grounded than he is, but she can miss the mark too. (Again it's small, but I live for small details like that) 

So writers, you can establish them as both a little naive in social situations, them against the world. You proved your ability  (in the same episode). 

Posted

TBF has Leonard ever been into exercise? I remember in S6 he was at the gym and he almost collapsed lol. He is not the excercising type. So I just took that as it is not my thing, more then him being smug at the idea. 

1 hour ago, john2p said:

It was ok. The last episodes are some light hearted. I loved Howard, Bernadette and Stuart. The Bert story had some funny lines. I don´t know how it will effects the future story lines.  If the Bert story was meant as a mirror for all the couples and Raj, and they have to think how to handle their own demons. Or it was a loose storyline meant for the easy comedy.

What the criticaster wrote, is the underlying feeling I have since this season. So I am not suprised about her review. But if the writers will go that far I really don´t care anymore.

I agree on most of your points. It looks like that the writers love to "smug" their two main couples as Raj. On the other hand Howardette they manage to write licht hearted but with realistic tone. 

Has no long term value. IT is just a silly throw away episode. 

joyceraye likes this

Posted (edited)

Interestingly, I found it very good. I LOLed quite enough. The first "Fun with Flags" was hilarious to me, I always like FWF and even more "Footprints on the Moon". The second one wasn't so funny and felt a little redundant to me.

I really enjoyed Howardette (+Stuart), every single part of it! Howard's impressions were spot on and hilarious, Bernie was great - funny and relatable and Howard watching Halley at the daycare touch me and made me proud of him! Stuart didn't bother me too much altough I'm a little sick of the jokes about him being lame. But overall a great plot, IMO. Funny and yet real and touching. 

I admit that I sometimes enjoy childlike Sheldon but it wasn't very funny in this episode. The first time was a litle funny to me and I think it was also recognized that Amy's behavior is far from optimal since she was embarrassed by it. After that I had enough of it, I didn't laugh at him raising his hand, just a little at his comment about being tired of going to the hallway. 

The more interesting thing to me is that I viewed Lenny very differently than Radloff (the writer on Glamour). If I were reading her article about a week ago I would relate to it much more (not completely because I don't think they are as bad as she describes them! They do have things in common, IMO they solved the bank account thing well, the Comic-Con fight was rooted in them carring about each other and none of the BBT couples are very affectionate). I could relate better to these fears then, I had and still have them. I do fear, tough now to a lesser degree, that TPTB might break them up for drama and for critical praise - just like the one Radloff will probably give them as implied by her statement "Or is this one of the most authentic relationships we're currently seeing on television?". Well if that will happen my answer to her is no, because it wll be made just for attracting viewers and for the praise of people like her after it was establishd for yeas that these two love each other, are a good match even tough on the surface they don't appear to be (because they have similar attitudes, sense of humor, compassion...) and they did communicate and work on their problems up until this season when the writers decided not to allow them to do so. Maybe I am too naive of a blinded shipper but I thought the episode actually showed that Lenny are NOT like Bert and Rebbeca. Penny was surprised at Rebecca's ignorance (the scientologist comment) and they didn't get together becuase of money (and didn't seperate when their money situation changed; although the bagel comment doesn't match cannon since their first date was at a restaurant). I have more in me but I'll write that in the Lenny thread. I didn't like that smug refusal to workout and I feel these jokes are OOC for Leonard, I would prefer a joke about him probably getting hurt (I don't like those either but they are far more IC in my opinion). The thing that scares me is that I know Radloff is in good relations with the BBT people... I also feel like some of her articles are intentionally very supportive, praising aspects they may want her to praise. I fear she may know something but I really don't know, this could just be the paranoid shipper in me. Anyway, I so hope I'm right and not her...

Edited by bfm
the workout refusal

Posted (edited)

Just watched it. 

Surprisingly I enjoyed most of it. I Think it played out alot better from the taping. I LOVED Howard, Bernadette, and Stuart Plot. Best plot on the show for me atm. Has alot of elements to it. As an audience, you can understand Bernie worrying going back to work, she won't bond with Haley as much. But at the same time wants to continue her career. Howard's impressions were the LOL moment of the episode for me. Simon Helberg deserves an Emmy this season imo, he is brilliant. I really enjoyed them visiting the Zoo. I mean if someone told you ten years ago. Howard would be visiting the Zoo with his wife and their baby, with a doormat (Stuart lol). I mean wow. Show has changed. But it worked for me. Rest of the episode....

I quite enjoyed the gang interacting with Burt. I still think they shoulden't in the future revolve a plot around a recurring character. Particularly when we have seen this kinda premise before, with Raj. For years now, so it is not like it offered anything new or original. And while the show were obviousley vicarousley through Sheldon, ribbing on Lenny. For Burt dating someone younger and prettier. But that is the point isin't it to Sheldon's logical mind. Where it is all about Education and Intelligence. Lenny is ridiculous. Lenny is ridiculous to all their friends. But that is the charm for me, attempting to make something riduclous work. Againgst all Societies conventions and rules. 

And tbh I Thought Lenny played out really well. I mean even when Sheldon was ripping on them. They played along, made jokes too. They don't seem to be that bothered about the long running theme and gag their relationship has become. They make jokes. I am not saying that is a good thing. I Am just saying I Don't see any danger signs. At all. Even with Leonard's comments about not doing excercise. I laughed because that is not his thing. Penny was like okay then. But what does she want to improove him? Reminded me of S3 The whole Sheldon trying to modify Penny's behaviour. And Leonard maintained that he did not want to change Penny, because all her quirks make her who she is. But in this episode Sheldon's laugh to Bert wanting to find a young hot blonde, who loves me for me. Penny seeming want to change Leonard, by pursuing excercise. Leonard's snubbing the whole idea. It was very OCC for my liking. And Sheldon still seem's to think having a ton in common is a basis for a great relationship. He needs to wake up it is not. Look in the mirror. 

I am bothered by this idea about them having nothing in common. Commonlarities was never why they worked. It was their attributes and qualities they both bring to their relationship. And this whole idea about Leonard grovelling. Penny was the one who proposed, so end of the day she did the grovelling LOL. Just feels the show are phoning it in with Lenny. 

I thought Shamy were VERY creepy. I really laughed out loud at Amy's last line. Delevered really well by Mayim. Settle down he just wants my body for my blood type. But the whole co-parent relationship dynamic, irks me. The way Amy treats Sheldon like a child. Comes across very very creepy. The way she almost manages him. IF Lenny's issue is same old jokes about Leonard wearing Penny down. Shamy's is the whole co-parent relationship. The show needs to drop both these gags. IT is not doing Lenny or Shamy any service. TBH Howardette have taken over Lenny and Shamy, in terms of my interest. 

Overall decent episode. I really enjoyed the Science Jokes by Sheldon. Need more of that Scientific Dialogue. I thought the Bert Plot would take away from the main characters. But tbh he felt like a prop. A Mirror to the main characters relationships, and dynamics. He felt diminished some what. 

Edited by 3ku11
joyceraye likes this

Posted

7 hours ago, Shelldon said:

"Ruin some poor girl's life". "They're copying you two". Just stop with the cringe dialogue.

I found that quite funny. In real life it would be awful but in TBBT is seems quite fitting to me.

We could ruin the joke and say actually Penny is earning twice what Leonard is so clearly money is not what is keeping Lenny together.

bfm and joyceraye like this

Posted

I LOL at the beginning Sheldon's 'Come on people! We're about to go live! Everyone on your A Game! <clapping hands> I want good energy! Then the broadcast starts and Sheldon, et al go flat and stare blankly into the camera. 

I LOL at Leonard's and Penny's FwF interview. Leonard's disinterest was so high that he couldn't even bother enough to remember and Penny could could care less. Perfect Lenny! 

I liked: Howard's imitation of Stuart, Stuart's hair -- coveted nesting material -- (I can really see that!) and his revenge against all of bird-dom by cooking a chicken. 

And there we have it. My sum total laughs and giggles. 

Loved the sloth -- and no! I don't mean the writers!

Paco the Sloth was adorable! 

Zephon75, joyceraye and serena_1995 like this

Posted

I thought the episode was pretty funny. Still don't care all that much for FWF. Sorry, just find it more forced then funny, and I thought putting it in the tag at the end was just an excuse to shoehorn Shamy in. Loved Footprints on the Moon bit, though.

Zephon75 and joyceraye like this

Posted

Okay after giving it some thought the episode wasn't as bad as i originally commented,i'm not going to repeat what i wrote in the Lenny thread.I didn't like Sheldon's constant comments about how Bert and Rebecca where like Leonard and Penny,was just mean and unfunny.

I didn't find Leonard's response to when Penny asked Rebecca was the offer of giving free personal training open to everybody smug like some others thought,and if you look Penny actually has a little smirk on her face after he says it.

Penny's line about how on there first date Leonard bought her a pretzel,was odd because they went to dinner although i suppose he could of gotten it afterward and before Penny got her ice cream.

I was baffled by Penny's comment to Bert if she honestly thought her and Leonard had nothing in common then why did she make she the comment about relationships being about respect and things in common.Does that imply that Penny thinks they do have things in common?,i didn't like Sheldon's line about them having nothing in common and should break up it was mean,he  never spent every waking moment with them so how would he know that they don't have things in common.

Didn't like that Sheldon said that Leonard got Penny through the power of grovelling or that Leonard said he can beg till the end of time,because neither i the reason they are together.Penny response i wasn't sure if she was being sarcastic or just joking:scratchhead:

Howard's imitation of Bernie and Stuart where funny.

Oh i thought Leonard&Penny's FwF interview when they both smiled at each others comments was kinda cute.:shy:

It was nice to see Penny's locket back we don't get to see wear it that much so i'm curious why they chose to have her wear it in this episode:icon_question:

joyceraye likes this