Sign in to follow this  
Followers 0
Tripper

4.01 The Robotic Manipulation (Sept. 23)

56 posts in this topic

Posted

"The Robotic Manipulation" — Penny finds herself along for the ride on Sheldon's first date ever; while Wolowitz finds a new use for a robotic arm, on the season premiere of THE BIG BANG THEORY, Thursday, Sept. 23 (8:00-8:30 PM, ET/PT) on the CBS Television Network.

Episode Guide | Wiki

Posted

I just saw this on Facebook. Looks pretty good, I can't wait for the new season!

Posted

Ye Gods. Now the writers are putting even sheldon for a date.

-soon the whole series will be about dates and nerdy stuff will be completely forgotten.

I dread the episode where sheldon will have her first 'hookup' with a woman of the opposite sex. He will probably forget halo, comic books and other nerdy papaphelia after that experience, and will thence act like a second howard, pining after every girl he sees.

Posted

lol, don't worry, Shermy! At least he's not in a date with Penny, and he is actually seeing someone... of his species, if I may say so... It might actually be funny to watch! You know, like watching the interaction between two members of a nearly-extinct species, or something!

Basically, what I'm saying is we'll just wait and see how it will turn out! It might be hilarious in the end!

Althought, I too hope they will keep the nerdy/geeky world around! This is what makes this sitcom the best, after all! :)

sdffcx likes this

Posted

I did a fangirl shriek looking at that picture of the date. LOL. I found it to be hilarious and I wonder what they're going to say!

Oooooh, dear, I do hope they don't throw away the good geeky stuff, though!! :(

Posted

Oh, man, I'm so jealous of all of you who can watch the 4th season ;) !!! I'll have to keep my eyes open for a nice torrent link :D !

sdffcx likes this

Posted

I'll have to keep my eyes open for a nice torrent link :D !

Amen to that!

The date should be a hoot! I am not so concerned about trying to romance Sheldon up. I mean considering the kind of personality that he is, the comic fodder would be endless.

Posted

Yeah, I'm against Sheldon dating anybody - and his character would agree 300% with me ;)

Geek power!!! xD That's absolutely THE BEST of the series. I don't want another series with girls and guys affairs, booh. Sheldon, don't forget your true nature! ;)

sdffcx likes this

Posted

Hi guys and girls!

So I was listening to my DVD of second seasons, and I wanted to remind something to all of you who are worried with the whole "Sheldon-getting-a-date" thing.

It already happened before!

Remember the "The Cooper-Nowitzki Theorem" episode? He was in a relationship in that one! And it was a very good episode, may I had!

So let's not jump to conclusions too quickly. Let's just wait and see how it plays out!

Posted

Well, sheldon did not have a date as such, in the sec season. it was more that he was just taken and used by some girl. and poor sheldon had a rotten time of it too.

but if this new girl for sheldon is really nerdy, then it would be great to see her as one of the nerds. She could take part in their rockband, for example, by being the lead singer. They could then enter a rock band competition, and get a decent position out of it, thanks to sheldons girl having a surprisingly good singing voice.

there is a lot of room for a nerdy girl in the series, especially as the howard's ex girlfriend from the university does not really work with the dudes, mainly because sheldon hates her.

-just think of costume parties with the girl dressed as princess leia!

Posted

Well, he did consider her as a date after a well: "(to Penny) Apparently, I'm in some kind of relationship... and you seems to be an expert in ending them."

(Awesome line by the way! :p )

Anyway, your right, it has potential, let's not jump to conclusions without seeing it first!

Also "howard's ex girlfriend from the university", do you mean Leslie? Yeah, that girl was awesome! 'want to see more of her this year! :)

Posted

Also "howard's ex girlfriend from the university", do you mean Leslie? Yeah, that girl was awesome! 'want to see more of her this year! :)

Trouble with leslie is she does not go for nerdy stuff like the boys do. Okay, she paintballs but she does not take it that seriously...

-this means leslie cannot really get involved in any nerdy stuff with the boys.

For this reason I would like to get a nerdy girl in the show. A girl who likes comics, costumes, and even videogames. I know there are such girls out there, and I know there are such girls watching the show!

-I think the trouble is that such nerdy girls do not usually work at universities, but rather in the local video rental. Still, Sheldon could meet such girl in the comic book store, and fall in love when she would talk to him about supermans ancestors for an hour!

Posted

Yeah, we never saw Leslie talk much about nerdy stuff, it's true. She played paintball, she gave her insight on gaming addiction, and that's about it...

Still, she is funny!

Also, you're right, there is "nerdy" girls! Mostly gamers however, I think. But that's a good starting point already! I'm in guilds in both World of Warcraft and Guild Wars, 2 girls, 3 guys (including myself). And at least one of the two girls is actually hot, may I had! (never saw the other girl, however... :p ).

But, yeah, basically, a nerdy girl would be great! Maybe as Penny's roommate, considering she has trouble paying bills to begin with? Just an idea like that!

Should be played by Felicia Day, btw! ^_______^

Posted

But, yeah, basically, a nerdy girl would be great! Maybe as Penny's roommate, considering she has trouble paying bills to begin with? Just an idea like that!

Should be played by Felicia Day, btw! ^_______^

Great idea about putting her with Penny.

-but I would really like if such nerdy girl was played by an overweight actress. i mean the show, as most american shows, seems to be against overweight persons, what with all the cast being thin and healthy.

-which is a bit odd, considering that many nerds in real life are overweight, especially in the states.

So, stop such fat-racism, and get an overweight girl in.

Yeah, okay, Leonards doctor girlfriend was a bit overweight, but that weight was basically inside her bra, so does not count!:icon_wink:

Posted

So, stop such fat-racism, and get an overweight girl in.

Yeah, okay, Leonards doctor girlfriend was a bit overweight, but that weight was basically inside her bra, so does not count!:icon_wink:

Well, there was also that girl Raj hooked-up in the "The Hofstadter Isotope" episode. You know, when Leonard is somewhat upset that Leonard is dating Steward so he goes with a bar with Raj and Howard, and Raj ends up being the only one with a girl? She was kinda overweight, if my memory is correct!

But, granted, she was probably not a geek, and we knew nothing of her, not even her name! ^_^ Still, there's her and Stephanie! :p

Anyway, hot girls sell well! And, no offense, but the Howard Wolowitz in me is buying! :icon_lol:

Posted

Anyway, hot girls sell well! And, no offense, but the Howard Wolowitz in me is buying! :icon_lol:

yes, but it is well documented fact that more and more men these days find big women hot. So we are moving out that 'narrow waist, wide audiences' stereotyping thingy.

But we better end this off topic before Tripper gets edgy!:icon_wink:

Posted

I just finished watching all 3 seasons, and I must admit I'm kind of disappointed in where they are leading Sheldon's character. For me, a large part of his appeal is his cold, calculating nature. While I understand the need for dynamic, rounded characters who experience growth, I hope they don't change him too much!

Also, did anyone else notice the following change: at the beginning of the show the emphasis on Sheldon seemed to be more on his IQ, stoicism, and extreme attention to logic, while in the later episodes I feel like they've just made him out to be insane (remembering in particular the ball-pit scene, although that was pretty hilarious) and there is a greater emphasis on comics and gaming type "nerdiness" rather than scientific nerdiness. Does anyone else feel this way?

PS- Howard's ex-girlfriend is Bernadette, not Leslie. Leslie was Lenard's fling.

Marima likes this

Posted

lol, it's just that I forgot Bernadette was a university student in microbiology. They mention that at times, we never really sees it. so when he said "girlfriend from the university", I thought of Leslie, because Howard and her did dater for a few episodes during the second season. Well, it wasn't much dating and more like blackmailing and/or "friends with benifit", but still...

Anyway, that's what I wanted to say!

For the Sheldon case... I don't know... It's true they changed him a little bit as the seasons passed, but I always figured he was crazy! I mean, if you take the episode where he gets sick... That's first season, right? :p There you have it! ^_^

"You're DOOOOOOMED!" :D

Posted

lol, don't worry, Shermy! At least he's not in a date with Penny, and he is actually seeing someone... of his species, if I may say so... It might actually be funny to watch! You know, like watching the interaction between two members of a nearly-extinct species, or something!

Basically, what I'm saying is we'll just wait and see how it will turn out! It might be hilarious in the end!

Althought, I too hope they will keep the nerdy/geeky world around! This is what makes this sitcom the best, after all! :)

I don't like the idea of Sheldon dating,at least not for a long term,one or two episodes ok

Marima likes this

Posted

please writers no girlfriend for sheldon please no girlfriend

Marima likes this

Posted

ALL RIGHT!!!

So, apparently, for the first episode this season, I'm beating my old nemesis white_knight about which one of us will post the trailer first! ^_^

Spoilers, obviously! But it's only 11 seconds! Enjoy! ^_^

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=aAlHYuE-nio

Posted

Sneak Peak from s04e01 'The Robotic Manipulation'

Posted

lol, madjk! Kinda out of synch, but pretty nice! :) Thanks!

Posted

yeah, I know:) I deleted that video. Now im trying to fix it and upload again.

update: fix it, now it work correct:icon_arrowu: