Sign in to follow this  
Followers 0
Tripper

4.02 The Cruciferous Vegetable Amplification (Sept. 30)

47 posts in this topic

Posted

Since penny jogs and raj mentions he saw her, does that mean he lives nearby I wouldn't think penny would jog no more than maybe a couple miles, of course that was funny and cruel for Howard to say he watches her jog and isn't going to stop.

Posted

@cbolt: Howard mentions that Raj sits in his car using high powered binoculars.

Penny: No, it won’t. Um, how does he know I jog?

Howard: Oh, he watches you from his car with high-powered binoculars.

Penny: Oh, my God, that is so creepy!

Howard: I know! (Raj whispers to him) And he says he’s not gonna stop. (Raj whispers to him urgently) Then see a shrink and figure out how to talk to women.

Posted

@cbolt: Howard mentions that Raj sits in his car using high powered binoculars.

Penny: No, it won’t. Um, how does he know I jog?

Howard: Oh, he watches you from his car with high-powered binoculars.

Penny: Oh, my God, that is so creepy!

Howard: I know! (Raj whispers to him) And he says he’s not gonna stop. (Raj whispers to him urgently) Then see a shrink and figure out how to talk to women.

yeah with what Howard said at the end implies it was just messing with raj, and male you think raj knew penny jogs but probably isn't watching her jog

Posted

Oh yeah, it's clearly a set up on Howard's behalf. Funny scene.

Posted

One the best Sheldon shows ever!

Posted

Anyone know what the item is at around 13:15 above the light switch and over Leonard's left shoulder in Sheldon's room? Can't make it out and can't find anything about it here or on the wiki or anywhere else for that matter.

Posted

Someone asked this about a similar scene in se01e15.

There is a wall mounted lab-device on the entrance to Sheldon's room.

It looks like a glass tube/tap.

I tried googling it... but I'm stumped as to what it's actual scientific name is.

I just call it the "glass-thingy" on Sheldon's wall.

Posted

I wonder if Raj and/or Howard bought Penny's underwear.

Posted

I know Penny is perpetually broke, but honestly, there is no such thing as a waitress who has no cash. :p

Posted (edited)

I have to say that I love the fart joke--it's absolutely appropriate to the situation. You all of a sudden cram a bunch of cruciferous vegetables into your diet and you're going to get gas. And it could hurt like appendicitis. I thought it was hilarious.

Edited by phantagrae

Posted

This episode is amazing. I never become tired of watching it. And I think they guys bought underwear to Penny :icon_wink:

Posted (edited)

Ill just add that i liked the Apple guys Lack of Surprise at Sheldons VPD. . . . .when i saw the robot approach the apple guy, i was ready for a 5minute story about what this was and ready to walk out of the room for a sec. . . . .when the apple guy immediately knew what the robot was, i was pleasantly surprised as the show didnt waste show time on redundancy. and was reglued to the TV. The Apple guy seemed very comfortable on camera. . . . . Also. . .its a cute song but ill add on that ive had enough of "soft kitty" too.

Thought I was the only person who felt that way. Once was enough, now it gets muted.

Edited by djvang

Posted

Thought I was the only person who felt that way. Once was enough, now it gets muted.

Nope you are not the only one. Can't stand it anymore, too juvenile for a grown man.

Posted

Nope you are not the only one. Can't stand it anymore, too juvenile for a grown man.

But he's not really a grown man--especially when it comes to that song.

This is just about the only time he uses it when he's not really in a comfort-seeking mood (in bed, trying to conjure his childhood.)

I don't think it's really used as often as people think it is.

Posted

I don't think it's really used as often as people think it is.
It isn't. In fact, it's only shown up four times: this episode, "The Adhesive Duck Deficiency", "The Pancake Batter Anomaly" (its first appearance), and "The Rhinitis Revelation". That's four times in 124 episodes. People are bitching over nothing.

Sent from my Asus Transformer TF101 using Tapatalk 2

Posted

it was in an episode in S2 too it appears once a season and S4 

Posted

it was in an episode in S2 too it appears once a season and S4 
Yes, that's right, in "The Vegas Renormalization". That's still only five episodes out of 124 and counting. People are getting worked up over nothing.

Sent from my Asus Transformer TF101 using Tapatalk 2

Posted

it will probably happen again this season 

and i dont think its the frequency its how much it is like being sold we have bloody soft kitty slippers :/

Posted (edited)

This has to be the funniest episode of Season 4.

You can't beat a good fart joke, and two in one episode is a definite winner.

Edited by Stephen Hawking

Posted

Penny is tucking into a meal of Palak paneer, yet, in The Vegas Renormalization, she rolled her eyes and cringed, when Sheldon described a similar dish he was having for dinner.

Posted (edited)

nice reference to Steve Jobs. Pretty funny episode,  when Steve Wozniak, of all people complimented Sheldon's virtual presence device and called him a nerd.

"You're still 6 spots above Steve Jobs" and "I never got that turtleneck thing" Lol !

Edited by serena_1995