The Big Bang Theory Forums

All Activity

This stream auto-updates     

1. Past hour
  2. To put simply, no. None of Penmy's behaviors that you described (and none of those you did not describe) is at a level to be considered a symptom of BPD. Also, although they had their ups and downs, I do not think you can consider Leonard and Penny's relationship very "unstable" (especially later on), and she does not idealize nor degrade him. I hope you're doing well and taking care of yourself, by the way, knowing that BPD can be challenging to handle. If you're looking for a representation of BPD in comedy, I highly recommend Crazy Ex-Girlfriend.
  3. Today
  4. chucky

Episodic Errors

Did he? We'll never know for sure. If he said the wrong lines, I'm sure the director would probably redo it if it really mattered.
  5. We are fans. It was a great show. At times, I feel like the monkey grooming the show, to comb through its fur, occasionally munching on a newly revealed morsel of tick, or flea. Alternatively, perhaps, Jim Parson said the wrong lines.
  6. Yesterday
  7. 1st Round Emmy Ballots came out today. Both Jim and Kaley received nomination bids.... Jim for Supporting Actor in a TV Movie/Mini-Series in "Hollywood" Kaley for Character Voice Over Performance in "Harley Quin". Both of their shows received multiple nomination bids in other areas. Voting for this round ends July 13th. The final Emmy Award Nominations will be announced on July 28th.
  8. chucky

Episodic Errors

That's just the writers that don't know the rules of grammar or episode continuation. Personally, I really don't care what they write as long as it's funny. I have my problems with the writers on other items. I've ranted enough about them over the last couple of years.
  9. I respectfully disagree. Yes, it is not that big a deal, but it is for Sheldon. Sheldon always corrects poor grammar. For example, Barry asked Sheldon whether Sheldon gave it to Amy GOOD, and Sheldon corrected, saying 'no, I gave it to her well'. Also, Leonard tends to end sentences with a preposition. What's that about!
  10. Natural Bridge, Alabama, United States.
  11. The Kominsky Method Renewed for Third and Final Season at Netflix From TV Line
  12. chucky

Episodic Errors

Formally speaking, you are right about the uses of can and may, But in life and sitcoms, speaking is not so formal in everyday conversation. So, in my opinion, it's not that big of a deal.
  13. chucky

A-Z: Boys Names

Otto - German meaning wealth
  14. Last week
  15. Mardan. Turkman. From Persian (mardaneh) meaning "manly, masculine".
  16. Xalima. Eastern African, Somali. Somali feminine form of Halim.
  17. Quantum Leap (Main Title) by Mike Post.
  18. Parrish, Alabama, United States.
  19. May I write this? I think I can. I feel like William Safire On Language, or EB White/William Strunk Jr, from Elements of Style. In the episode where Howard and Bernadette force their neighbor to tear down his spotlight balcony, Sheldon uses incorrect grammar, twice. He even repeats the exact same error, each time. When Leonard possibly comes down with a cold, Sheldon becomes a Purell Pez dispenser. After everyone got a blast, Sheldon asks if he CAN top anyone off. Of course, he CAN top them off, he just did. Sheldon should have said MAY I. MAY asks permission. CAN asks if he is capable/able to. Later, in the same episode, Sheldon inquires whether Howard CAN walk over to him at the doorway to Howard's back deck. Of course, Howard is capable of walking over, and Sheldon knows this. Sheldon should have asked Howard if he would, or might come over. I know it's just semantics, but I can't help it. May I have your forgiveness?
  20. Coinciding with Pride month, the Society of LGBTQ Entertainment Critics (GALECA) unveiled their nominations for the inaugural Dorian TV Awards on Tuesday. Sitcom Schitt's Creek leads with seven nominations, including best TV comedy and best supporting TV performance for Dan Levy. Ryan Murphy's Hollywood follows close behind with six nods. HBO's Hugh Jackman-starrer drama Bad Education and fantasy miniseries Watchmen each have four nominations. Jim was nominated for Best Supporting TV Performance - Actor The winners will be announced Aug. 21. Source: The Hollywood Reporter
  21. chucky

A-Z: Boys Names

Landen - British meaning long hill.
  22. chucky

A-Z: Girls Names

Weslee - British meaning western meadow
  1. Load more activity

• Newsletter

Want to keep up to date with all our latest news and information?

Important Information

We have placed cookies on your device to help make this website better. You can adjust your cookie settings, otherwise we'll assume you're okay to continue.