Jump to content

Discussion on Kaley and Karl's divorce


Mario D.
 Share

Recommended Posts

3 hours ago, Mario D. said:

IDK but I just saw Karl's post on IG and he seems pretty bitter and heartbroken implying his dog is the only good thing in his life  So sad

Yes, that is sad.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

8 hours ago, Mario D. said:

IDK but I just saw Karl's post on IG and he seems pretty bitter and heartbroken implying his dog is the only good thing in his life  So sad

Kaley seemed bummed out about the divorce, too, over the last couple of months, it makes you really wonder why they did it.

  • Like 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

35 minutes ago, SRAM said:

Kaley seemed bummed out about the divorce, too, over the last couple of months, it makes you really wonder why they did it.

That's the thing  To say their career paths are going in opposite directions doesn't seem to me to be grounds for divorce. Surely something could have been worked out however, we do not know if that was the only factor in the separation.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

  • Tensor changed the title to Discussion on Kaley and Karl's divorce

A couple of notes:

Mario, I changed the title of your thread.  This seems to fit better as we don't have a thread to discuss this situation, this will keep it all in the same place.  

And, while we do have this thread up, I want to remind everyone of this.  Nothing in this thread would fall under comment removal, everyone did a good job about not making wild claims or disclaiming their own thoughts as simply that.

  • Like 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

  • 2 weeks later...

A couple of posts IG and IG stories,  had me thinking today.    Kaley put up a couple of clips of Zosia  watching her husband in a netflix show, at Kaley's house.  She captioned one of the clips with "Relationship Goals".   Watching your spouse is a relationship goal?  hmmmmm.

The other was a post by Alaina, about decorating the house her and her boyfriend are buying?  Moving into?  She said having someone that backs you and believes in you is unmatched.  Hmmmmm.

 

  • Like 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

16 minutes ago, Tensor said:

A couple of posts IG and IG stories,  had me thinking today.    Kaley put up a couple of clips of Zosia  watching her husband in a netflix show, at Kaley's house.  She captioned one of the clips with "Relationship Goals".   Watching your spouse is a relationship goal?  hmmmmm.

The other was a post by Alaina, about decorating the house her and her boyfriend are buying?  Moving into?  She said it was great having someone that backs you and believes in you is unmatched.  Hmmmmm.

 

That's interesting. Wonder what's going on in her mind.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

On 1/2/2022 at 12:26 AM, Tensor said:

A couple of notes:

Mario, I changed the title of your thread.  This seems to fit better as we don't have a thread to discuss this situation, this will keep it all in the same place.  

And, while we do have this thread up, I want to remind everyone of this.  Nothing in this thread would fall under comment removal, everyone did a good job about not making wild claims or disclaiming their own thoughts as simply that.

OK with me

  • Thanks 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

11 hours ago, Tensor said:

A couple of posts IG and IG stories,  had me thinking today.    Kaley put up a couple of clips of Zosia  watching her husband in a netflix show, at Kaley's house.  She captioned one of the clips with "Relationship Goals".   Watching your spouse is a relationship goal?  hmmmmm.

The other was a post by Alaina, about decorating the house her and her boyfriend are buying?  Moving into?  She said having someone that backs you and believes in you is unmatched.  Hmmmmm.

 

This whole separation/divorce situation seems like a puzzle with something missing. Are both Kaley and Karl regretting their decision to divorce or was there an underlying factor for them to file so suddenly. We will probably never know until their divorce is finalized or one of them writes a book. I know Zosia has been staying with Kaley at her house while filming TFA 2 and keeping her company  in a tough time. But she is married and misses her husband. I have also noticed that Kaley's sister Briana has a boyfriend and probably is not spending as much time with her as previously.

As far as Johnny is concerned I  had this thought that Johnny always wanted to be a father and his relationship with Alaina was a fixed up deal. So, hopefully these situations will rectify themselves and everyone will live happily ever after.  Maybe even Johnny and Kaley??

  • Like 2

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

12 hours ago, Tensor said:

A couple of posts IG and IG stories,  had me thinking today.    Kaley put up a couple of clips of Zosia  watching her husband in a netflix show, at Kaley's house.  She captioned one of the clips with "Relationship Goals".   Watching your spouse is a relationship goal?  hmmmmm.

The other was a post by Alaina, about decorating the house her and her boyfriend are buying?  Moving into?  She said having someone that backs you and believes in you is unmatched.  Hmmmmm.

 

It has been said before but to drag it up again, when they were first together and married they both shared their passion of horses and going to competitions which seemed to create a bond between them.  However, ever Kaley has been acting on sets away from home, it has been almost no horses, no competitions together, and she is separated from him a lot.  Remember this divorce was announced after she was away in NYC filming and then came home for a little while before she was scheduled to start filming The Flight Attendant second season, which could have been a trigger for Karl to bring up how her career was impacting their time together.  Anyway her statements, Tensor brought up, and previous statements we have read she made since her divorce filing, seem to support that this divorce was not very cut and dry, like it was with Ryan, and it may be impacting her on a more emotional level, maybe even with a little regret.

Edited by SRAM
Spelling
  • Like 3
  • Penny Thumbs Up 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

42 minutes ago, SRAM said:

It has been said before but to drag it up again, when they were first together and married they both shared their passion of horses and going to competitions which seemed to create a bond between them.  However, ever Kaley has been acting on sets away from home, it has been almost no horses, no competitions together, and she is separated from him a lot.  Remember this divorce was announced after she was away in NYC filming and then came home for a little while before she was scheduled to start filming The Flight Attendant second season, which could have been a trigger for Karl to bring up how her career was impacting their time together.  Anyway her statements, Tensor brought up, and previous statements we have read she made since her divorce filing, seem to support that this divorce was not very cut and dry, like it was with Ryan, and it may be impacting her on a more emotional level, maybe even with a little regret.

Totally agree with your comments Reading  both Karl's and Kaley's IG posts seem to indicate a sense of remorse and regret Who knows what the next chapter will be?  Time will tell.  One point though after the divorce announcement she left for Germany to film so Karl might have been a little ticked about that and then before Christmas she was in Iceland filming. However, now they are both in California so maybe there is a little of what could have been on both their parts.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

19 hours ago, SRAM said:

It has been said before but to drag it up again, when they were first together and married they both shared their passion of horses and going to competitions which seemed to create a bond between them.  However, ever Kaley has been acting on sets away from home, it has been almost no horses, no competitions together, and she is separated from him a lot.  Remember this divorce was announced after she was away in NYC filming and then came home for a little while before she was scheduled to start filming The Flight Attendant second season, which could have been a trigger for Karl to bring up how her career was impacting their time together.  Anyway her statements, Tensor brought up, and previous statements we have read she made since her divorce filing, seem to support that this divorce was not very cut and dry, like it was with Ryan, and it may be impacting her on a more emotional level, maybe even with a little regret.

Yeah, Kaley even bought a ranch to have all of her horses and have invested heavily in her equestrian team with Tracey Wade. 

  • Like 1
  • Penny Thumbs Up 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

I think part of the problem is that you get a false sense of availability when you are shooting a multi-cam sitcom.    Depending on pre-shoots, actors normally spend about 30-35 hours in the sound stage (note, in the sound stage is different from being on the set) and that includes the 12 hour day they put in when they tape.  So, they only spend 4-6  hours  a day in the soundstage and that includes a lot of free time when they are not in the scene on the set.  At that point going to her ranch and attending the different competitions was feasible. 

Kaley started dating Karl (and got married) while she was on the show, when she had all that free time.  It was only a bit different with the first season of TFA as they were in Thailand and Rome before having to shut down.  Karl was getting serious with his training regimen about the same time, and then competitions shut down.  

It was only with Kaley returning to finish the first season of TFA, then  costarring in several movies before starting production of the second season of TFA,  along with Karl starting attend various competitions that it became obvious to them that they weren't going to be together very much.

  • Like 2

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

2 hours ago, Tensor said:

I think part of the problem is that you get a false sense of availability when you are shooting a multi-cam sitcom.    Depending on pre-shoots, actors normally spend about 30-35 hours in the sound stage (note, in the sound stage is different from being on the set) and that includes the 12 hour day they put in when they tape.  So, they only spend 4-6  hours  a day in the soundstage and that includes a lot of free time when they are not in the scene on the set.  At that point going to her ranch and attending the different competitions was feasible. 

Kaley started dating Karl (and got married) while she was on the show, when she had all that free time.  It was only a bit different with the first season of TFA as they were in Thailand and Rome before having to shut down.  Karl was getting serious with his training regimen about the same time, and then competitions shut down.  

It was only with Kaley returning to finish the first season of TFA, then  costarring in several movies before starting production of the second season of TFA,  along with Karl starting attend various competitions that it became obvious to them that they weren't going to be together very much.

I`m guessing that both Kaley and Karl also thought that the show would go on longer then it did. 

  • Like 2

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

7 minutes ago, Swedish Chef said:

I`m guessing that both Kaley and Karl also thought that the show would go on longer then it did. 

Yeah, I think you're right, I know she was expecting a thirteenth season.  However, even if that was the case, they would still have to face the problem of both of them being so busy with their professional lives, to the detriment of their personal lives.   Just at a different point.

  • Penny Thumbs Up 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

1 hour ago, Tensor said:

Yeah, I think you're right, I know she was expecting a thirteenth season.  However, even if that was the case, they would still have to face the problem of both of them being so busy with their professional lives, to the detriment of their personal lives.   Just at a different point.

But don't you think at some point early in their marriage they would have talked about future developments....like their careers or starting a family, etc.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

10 minutes ago, Mario D. said:

But don't you think at some point early in their marriage they would have talked about future developments....like their careers or starting a family, etc.

Most couples normally do have those discussions.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

3 hours ago, Mario D. said:

But don't you think at some point early in their marriage they would have talked about future developments....like their careers or starting a family, etc.

Maybe that was the problem, some agreements were made early on between them and then a couple years later when those agreements needed to be followed one or both them decided they didn’t want to continue in the marriage under those agreements.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

1 hour ago, SRAM said:

Maybe that was the problem, some agreements were made early on between them and then a couple years later when those agreements needed to be followed one or both them decided they didn’t want to continue in the marriage under those agreements.

Could be possible. The agreements between couples sometimes need to be readdressed due to changes in their lives.

  • Like 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

3 hours ago, SRAM said:

Maybe that was the problem, some agreements were made early on between them and then a couple years later when those agreements needed to be followed one or both them decided they didn’t want to continue in the marriage under those agreements.

 

2 hours ago, chucky said:

Could be possible. The agreements between couples sometimes need to be readdressed due to changes in their lives.

If that were the case then maybe they were only fooling themselves and the love they expressed for each other was not a true love. I recall Kaley stating at one point "Karl meant the world to me for so many reasons, but some of those reasons go deeper than anyone could ever know. I never thought I could find someone that looks at me the exact way I look at them. With 100% truth. You are my Prince Charming" Those words ring kind of hollow now

BTW in Karl's latest IG post he reiterates a love for his dog Blue. Think he misses Kaley more than he realizes. Also, on Kaley's IG post she shows picture of an ocean view. Wonder if she still has her Santa Barbara beach house?

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

1 hour ago, Mario D. said:

Also, on Kaley's IG post she shows picture of an ocean view. Wonder if she still has her Santa Barbara beach house?

She still had it after her divorce from Ryan, she should still have it.  If she would have gotten rid of anything, I think it would be the apartment in North Hollywood.

I missed this one, sorry, 

7 hours ago, Mario D. said:

But don't you think at some point early in their marriage they would have talked about future developments....like their careers or starting a family, etc.

They may have, but they may not have anticipated how soon and how much Kaley's career was going to explode. 

 

 

 

 

 

 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

6 hours ago, Mario D. said:

 

If that were the case then maybe they were only fooling themselves and the love they expressed for each other was not a true love. I recall Kaley stating at one point "Karl meant the world to me for so many reasons, but some of those reasons go deeper than anyone could ever know. I never thought I could find someone that looks at me the exact way I look at them. With 100% truth. You are my Prince Charming" Those words ring kind of hollow now

BTW in Karl's latest IG post he reiterates a love for his dog Blue. Think he misses Kaley more than he realizes. Also, on Kaley's IG post she shows picture of an ocean view. Wonder if she still has her Santa Barbara beach house?

You can be in love with someone and still need to readdress the agreements between each other. Life throws changes that need to be addressed.

5 hours ago, Tensor said:

They may have, but they may not have anticipated how soon and how much Kaley's career was going to explode. 

So very true. Life happens and changes come. 

  • Like 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

2 hours ago, chucky said:

You can be in love with someone and still need to readdress the agreements between each other. Life throws changes that need to be addressed.

So very true. Life happens and changes come. 

Maybe they should have been like Sheldon and not accept change   LOL

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

14 minutes ago, Mario D. said:

Maybe they should have been like Sheldon and not accept change   LOL

As with Sheldon, change comes whether you accept it or not. As either Penny or Leonard should have said to Sheldon, change is part of life. Sometimes it sneaks up on you and kicks you in the butt.

  • Like 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Create an account or sign in to comment

You need to be a member in order to leave a comment

Create an account

Sign up for a new account in our community. It's easy!

Register a new account

Sign in

Already have an account? Sign in here.

Sign In Now
 Share

×
×
  • Create New...

Important Information

We have placed cookies on your device to help make this website better. You can adjust your cookie settings, otherwise we'll assume you're okay to continue.