My theory on Kaley and Karl's divorce

Mario D.

23 hours ago, Mario D. said:

Think she still talks with Johnny even though they are not near each other. He in Tennessee and Kaley in California. Wonder if Kaley watched Karl at his riding event in Kentucky He won first prize in his event.

In Today's (Friday) event, with Fecebell, Karl finished 17.   That's not as bad as it sounds, as he and Fecebell  jumped clear for the first round, and then he retired in the second round.  There are various reasons for retiring, (too many faults, going too slow, injury) another could be he declined to participate in the jump off, to save wear and tear on his horse (he's done that before).  But, anyway, officially, he's run three full rounds in Kentucky so far this week, all of them have been clear.   Tomorrow is the big one for him.    $200k in prize money (today's was 36K) and points toward the World Cup in April, depending on where he finishes.  I'll update tomorrow night.  

• Like 1

On 11/5/2021 at 8:30 PM, Tensor said:

In Today's (Friday) event, with Fecebell, Karl finished 17.   That's not as bad as it sounds, as he and Fecebell  jumped clear for the first round, and then he retired in the second round.  There are various reasons for retiring, (too many faults, going too slow, injury) another could be he declined to participate in the jump off, to save wear and tear on his horse (he's done that before).  But, anyway, officially, he's run three full rounds in Kentucky so far this week, all of them have been clear.   Tomorrow is the big one for him.    $200k in prize money (today's was 36K) and points toward the World Cup in April, depending on where he finishes.  I'll update tomorrow night.  

Thanks for the update!

Sorry, I got busy last night.  Karl did not have a good event on Saturday.   He retired during his the first run, thus not cashing and not picking up any points.  

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

4 hours ago, Tensor said:

Sorry, I got busy last night.  Karl did not have a good event on Saturday.   He retired during his the first run, thus not cashing and not picking up any points.  

Does this mean he cannot qualify or can he pick up the points at another event.

• Like 1

4 hours ago, Mario D. said:

Does this mean he cannot qualify or can he pick up the points at another event.

No, there are four more events with points to be awarded.  He should make it.  Not everyone can make all the events (east coast, west coast split, with one in Mexico).  He should be able to make three of the next four and earn enough points to make it.  

• Like 1

55 minutes ago, Tensor said:

No, there are four more events with points to be awarded.  He should make it.  Not everyone can make all the events (east coast, west coast split, with one in Mexico).  He should be able to make three of the next four and earn enough points to make it.  

I had seen the results of the event and noticed the first and second places I think went to the two top riders (besides Karl) in the USA : Kent Farrington and McLain Ward

BTW I replied to your question on Elliptical Threads and Broken Threads. Hope it was satisfactory

I can’t help to be curious about when we will see Kaley compete again at one of the large shows again, or even smaller events.  Her life seems so busy right now that actual competition for her seems to be a distant memory, maybe never to be seriously realized again.

27 minutes ago, SRAM said:

Her life seems so busy right now that actual competition for her seems to be a distant memory, maybe never to be seriously realized again.

Maybe competing is on hold, but you can bet that she's riding every chance she gets. Jumping as well, as she needs to keep in the practice.

• Like 1

2 hours ago, chucky said:

Maybe competing is on hold, but you can bet that she's riding every chance she gets. Jumping as well, as she needs to keep in the practice.

She has her ranch and I believe on her off days and weekends she rides her horses through some drills.

• Penny Thumbs Up 1

14 minutes ago, Mario D. said:

She has her ranch and I believe on her off days and weekends she rides her horses through some drills.

You know she's riding. No competing, just keeping the horses in training.

• Like 1

35 minutes ago, SRAM said:

Interesting choice of coffee mug Kaley used today on her Instagram, since it had KC2 obviously on it.

Guess she is not completely over him.  Kaley had a full weekend  Saturday she hosted a wedding for her friend Julie Raye and yesterday she filmed her episode on "Curb your Enthusiasm"

3 hours ago, chucky said:

Yes, very interesting indeed!

Indeed, as I remember after her split with Ryan she did a lot to erase him from her life, but this does not seem the case with Karl.  It just all seems to me that their actions so far only confirm their joint statements in September that the divorce was amicable, since there appears to be no bitterness between them, they are just going their separate ways.

• Like 2
  • Penny Thumbs Up 1

1 hour ago, SRAM said:

Indeed, as I remember after her split with Ryan she did a lot to erase him from her life, but this does not seem the case with Karl.  It just all seems to me that their actions so far only confirm their joint statements in September that the divorce was amicable, since there appears to be no bitterness between them, they are just going their separate ways.

Sad but true

1 hour ago, SRAM said:

Yes, their divorce was more amicable than her other one with Ryan.

On 11/7/2021 at 9:09 PM, Tensor said:

Wonder if Kaley saw that nasty spill that Karl had at the Las Vegas National. When that photo of the horse upright on its hind legs I thought for sure it was going to fall on top of Karl. But to his testament as a good rider he got the horse under control. Kind of reminded me of Kaley's accident several years ago when she needed surgery on her foot/leg.

3 minutes ago, Mario D. said:

Wonder if Kaley saw that nasty spill that Karl had at the Las Vegas National. When that photo of the horse upright on its hind legs I thought for sure it was going to fall on top of Karl. But to his testament as a good rider he got the horse under control. Kind of reminded me of Kaley's accident several years ago when she needed surgery on her foot/leg.

I think she did or at least heard about it.

10 hours ago, Mario D. said:

The funny (well, ironic) part is that he and his horse were just waiting there.   It was for the awards (he finished third) and it rearing happened after the National Anthem was played.   He did mention, and you can see the hoof print, that the horse stepped in the vicinity of Karl's crotch.  Karl mentioned that there is a pouch in his riding pants and he has a metal wallet there.  It kinda made the hoof slide off of Karl.

• Like 1

52 minutes ago, Tensor said:

The funny (well, ironic) part is that he and his horse were just waiting there.   It was for the awards (he finished third) and it rearing happened after the National Anthem was played.   He did mention, and you can see the hoof print, that the horse stepped in the vicinity of Karl's crotch.  Karl mentioned that there is a pouch in his riding pants and he has a metal wallet there.  It kinda made the hoof slide off of Karl.

Thank goodness for that....it probably saved the jewels!

On 11/20/2021 at 11:00 PM, chucky said:

More than likely so.  ☺️

Looks like Kaley had a big day yesterday as she celebrated her 36th birthday a little early with friends and family (and horses)  Assume she will be out of town on her actual birthday Nov. 30

• Like 1

28 minutes ago, Mario D. said:

Looks like Kaley had a big day yesterday as she celebrated her 36th birthday a little early with friends and family (and horses)  Assume she will be out of town on her actual birthday Nov. 30

Agreed. Unless she plans a quiet birthday with just family.

• Like 1