Greatest American Hero

TLW

Sheldon is seen in at least 2 episodes wearing a T-shirt with the logo for the early 1980's TV show named in the title of this thread. I think he was wearing it when he tried to break into Skywalker Ranch and also in the one where he and Penny call Leonard when he is on the ship in the North Sea. I was wondering if the show was ever mentioned or the T-shirt was the only reference. For any who may not have heard about it, the show was about a high school teacher who was given a suit by aliens and the suit would give him super human powers. Below is a picture of the T-shirt similar to Sheldon's.

Capture gah.PNG

• 2 weeks later...
On 10/23/2021 at 1:49 AM, Tensor said:

I checked my file tonight and no, it was never referenced, except for the shirts.  

Do you know if Quantum Leap was ever mentioned?

2 hours ago, TLW said:

Do you know if Quantum Leap was ever mentioned?

Once, in 8-05 The Focus Attenuation.  

They were trying to work, but getting sidetracked by Pigeons, movies, and other things on the internet.  They set up a punishment, ripping tape off of their arms (pulling hair out),  for the person causing the tangent.  

Leonard was talking and Sheldon ripped off a piece of the tape that was on Leonard's arm.  He said, "Owwww, Why?" and Sheldon answered:

"You said quantum coupling. That made me think of the show Quantum Leap. That’s a tangent and it’s your fault."

• Like 1

3 hours ago, Tensor said:

Once, in 8-05 The Focus Attenuation.  

They were trying to work, but getting sidetracked by Pigeons, movies, and other things on the internet.  They set up a punishment, ripping tape off of their arms (pulling hair out),  for the person causing the tangent.  

Leonard was talking and Sheldon ripped off a piece of the tape that was on Leonard's arm.  He said, "Owwww, Why?" and Sheldon answered:

"You said quantum coupling. That made me think of the show Quantum Leap. That’s a tangent and it’s your fault."

I actually found the reference after I posted the question while streaming that episode on Amazon streaming service. Thank you anyway.