Penny's Acting Career

TLW

It was mentioned at one of the Comic-Cons that she wasn't going to have much of a career.  If she did, they would have to writer her differently as a star, and/or recreate the sets of shows or films she was working on (Serial Apist 2 was low budget enough).  So, they decided to give her bits here and there, but nothing big.  They basically mentioned or showed about one acting job per year.  She did Serial Apist, Rent Workshop, Anne Frank, Hemorrhoid Commercial, Acting class Streetcar Named Desire, NCIS and Serial Apist 2,  six shows  in seven seasons, (or one job every 26 episodes) , until she started working at Zangen. 

• Like 1

30 minutes ago, Tensor said:

It was mentioned at one of the Comic-Cons that she wasn't going to have much of a career.  If she did, they would have to writer her differently as a star, and/or recreate the sets of shows or films she was working on (Serial Apist 2 was low budget enough).  So, they decided to give her bits here and there, but nothing big.  They basically mentioned or showed about one acting job per year.  She did Serial Apist, Rent Workshop, Anne Frank, Hemorrhoid Commercial, Acting class Streetcar Named Desire, NCIS and Serial Apist 2,  six shows  in seven seasons, (or one job every 26 episodes) , until she started working at Zangen. 

Have wondered what would have happened if Penny did become a big time actress. How her life would change; would she still be with Leonard, would she still be living on Los Robles Blvd., would she have travelled the world as she dreamed. All interesting questions that probably would have changed the dynamic of the show. And maybe it would not have been as successful as it was. There are alot of fan-fiction stories that cover this aspect of TBBT and the scenarios shown are pretty close to reality.

41 minutes ago, Mario D. said:

Have wondered what would have happened if Penny did become a big time actress. How her life would change; would she still be with Leonard, would she still be living on Los Robles Blvd., would she have travelled the world as she dreamed. All interesting questions that probably would have changed the dynamic of the show. 

I would say it depends on when it occurred, but I would say seasons one through five, Penny would be gone.  Seasons 6-8 would be a toss up and from nine on, she may have traveled the world, but with Leonard.  But, the producers and writers decided it wasn't going to happen for her, probably to keep the dynamic of the show the same.  

41 minutes ago, Mario D. said:

There are alot of fan-fiction stories that cover this aspect of TBBT and the scenarios shown are pretty close to reality.

My favorite Fan Fic is one of these.  She leaves for her career and Leonard leaves because he can't deal with the memories (but they both return, eventually).  I would say it would depend on how the decision goes, when Penny leaves.  In my particular contribution to fan fic for this case, they were going to have to be apart for a while, before they could be together again.  Although, it was working for them, up until a certain incident.

• Like 2

5 hours ago, Tensor said:

My favorite Fan Fic is one of these.  She leaves for her career and Leonard leaves because he can't deal with the memories (but they both return, eventually).

One of my favorites as well. Loved your prequel to that story as well. Really enjoyed your adaptation of Penny's experiences in New York and Leonard's in England.

I would say it depends on when it occurred, but I would say seasons one through five, Penny would be gone.  Seasons 6-8 would be a tossup and from nine on, she may have traveled the world, but with Leonard.  But, the producers and writers decided it wasn't going to happen for her, probably to keep the dynamic of the show the same.

I agree with your assessment.

7 hours ago, Tensor said:

I would say it depends on when it occurred, but I would say seasons one through five, Penny would be gone.  Seasons 6-8 would be a toss up and from nine on, she may have traveled the world, but with Leonard.  But, the producers and writers decided it wasn't going to happen for her, probably to keep the dynamic of the show the same.  

My favorite Fan Fic is one of these.  She leaves for her career and Leonard leaves because he can't deal with the memories (but they both return, eventually).  I would say it would depend on how the decision goes, when Penny leaves.  In my particular contribution to fan fic for this case, they were going to have to be apart for a while, before they could be together again.  Although, it was working for them, up until a certain incident.

Some of my favorites include your Broken Threads, Elliptical Threads and one called Shattered Dreams by TBBT78. However my all time favorite is Chew Toy Revelations a sort of recap of Penny and Leonard relationship.  Thanks to all for sharing their ideas and stories.

• Like 1

13 minutes ago, Mario D. said:

Some of my favorites include your Broken Threads, Elliptical Threads and one called Shattered Dreams by TBBT78.        How ever my all-time favorite is Chew Toy Revelations a sort of recap of Penny and Leonard relationship.  Thanks to all for sharing their ideas and stories.

Totally agree!!! Don't forget the stories from Son-goku5 and SRAM. Those are great as well. But there are too many stories and writers to mention them all.

• Like 1

15 hours ago, Mario D. said:

Some of my favorites include your Broken Threads, Elliptical Threads and one called Shattered Dreams by TBBT78. However my all time favorite is Chew Toy Revelations a sort of recap of Penny and Leonard relationship.  Thanks to all for sharing their ideas and stories.

😊 Thanks.

I recently read one where she auditions for a part in a sci-fi TV series (and gets the job) while she is recovering from being assaulted by someone that Kurt hired to kill her. It's called Pulchritudinous Wreckage. I think I spelled that right.

• Like 1

8 hours ago, TLW said:

I recently read one where she auditions for a part in a sci-fi TV series (and gets the job) while she is recovering from being assaulted by someone that Kurt hired to kill her. It's called Pulchritudinous Wreckage. I think I spelled that right.

That's a great story. One of the first FanFic stories I read. Got me hooked on Fan Fiction.

9 hours ago, TLW said:

Another great fan-fic about Penny's alternative acting career.  Very good reading

15 minutes ago, chucky said:

True! TerribleWaitress, Chuk49 and Luminous77 have written some outstanding Lenny stories.

When you look at it , there aren't that many Lenny writers and stories, it's weird. But I can honestly say that i've never been disappointed by any of the Lenny fics i've read 

• Like 2

44 minutes ago, NeckShotLime said:

When you look at it, there aren't that many Lenny writers and stories, it's weird. But I can honestly say that I've never been disappointed by any of the Lenny fics I've read 

There are a lot of Lenny writers. But, for some reason or other, some have stopped writing since the show ended. There are a lot of very good unfinished stories.

2 minutes ago, chucky said:

There are a lot of Lenny writers. But, for some reason or other, some have stopped writing since the show ended. There are a lot of very good unfinished stories.

What i meant is when compared to Shamy or Shenny fics. 

Regarding the authors having stopped writing or not finishing their stories , it might be due to the lack of reviews , I don't know. 

8 minutes ago, NeckShotLime said:

What i meant is when compared to Shamy or Shenny fics. 

Well, Shany was the so-called favorite couple. So, there being more Shamy writers is a given. As for Shenny, they don't seem to write as often anymore. I don't consider them TBBT stories as I don't recognize their Penny/Sheldon characters with the exception of their names. Of course that's just my humble opinion.

• Like 1

2 hours ago, chucky said:

Well, Shany was the so-called favorite couple. So, there being more Shamy writers is a given. As for Shenny, they don't seem to write as often anymore. I don't consider them TBBT stories as I don't recognize their Penny/Sheldon characters with the exception of their names. Of course that's just my humble opinion.

It's because they have to make Penny and Sheldon out of character to make the relationship work in their stories. And also, either paint Leonard and/or Amy in bad light. Or in the case of a series that based on a writing challenge (on Fanfiction.net and Archive of our Own, it was called 100 Ways to Kill A Doctor) to outright kill the character(s) so Sheldon and Penny can be together.

4 hours ago, chucky said:

True! TerribleWaitress, Chuk49 and Luminous77 have written some outstanding Lenny stories.

I was going to ask if you were the Chuk49 that wrote the story about what really happened at the North Pole (the title is They Are Friends After All), but since you mentioned him...

• Like 1

I have yet to read a romantic Shenny fanfic in which both are written in character that works. No success so far. And I find it's usually Sheldon who is not in character at all. Often, he says stuff that could easily come out of Leonard's mouth and obvisouly it doesn't work. 

And yeah, some of the stories are nothing but Leonard and or Amy bashing. At least some of the authors give you a warning i.e " if you like Leonard, don't read that story " lol. I can undesrstand they're disappointed the show didn't give them what they wanted but I think some writers really take it too far. I mean it's pure hatred they have for the Leonard and Amy characters ( Leonard even more so than Amy). It feels weird to write " hatred" when it comes to fictionnal characters but that's what it is in some cases. It's disturbing. At the end of the day , it's fiction so they can write what they want of course but I find this baffling. 

Not to mention the fics in which Penny and Sheldon cheat on their respective partners . I  mean, is it how you want them to be together?  It's a shame because some of the stories are really well written. 

@chucky for a long time i thought you were Chuk49 !!! 

Edited by NeckShotLime
  • Like 2

I stopped reading Lenny fanfic for that reason. Unfinished stories. There are so many good Lenny fanfics out there that are very well written and uncompleted which is very annoying per say. Saying that, I will only read stories from authors that I know will always complete their stories. I haven't read a Lenny fanfic in years, it just I haven't had the time. I should get back into it as I know I'm missing out on some wonderful Lenny stories.

Sent from my SM-G998B using Tapatalk

• Like 1

59 minutes ago, TLW said:

It's because they have to make Penny and Sheldon out of character to make the relationship work in their stories. And also, either paint Leonard and/or Amy in bad light. Or in the case of a series that based on a writing challenge (on Fanfiction.net and Archive of our Own, it was called 100 Ways to Kill A Doctor) to outright kill the character(s) so Sheldon and Penny can be together.

I was going to ask if you were the Chuk49 that wrote the story about what really happened at the North Pole (the title is They Are Friends After All), but since you mentioned him...

Totally agreed. That's why I detest shenny and don't read that biased fic.

29 minutes ago, NeckShotLime said:

for a long time i though you were Chuk49 !!! 

I wish I was, but I could never write that good. I'm a great reader, but terrible writer.

17 minutes ago, Tonstar17 said:

I stopped reading Lenny fanfic for that reason. Unfinished stories. There are so many good Lenny fanfics out there that are very well written and uncompleted which is very annoying per say. Saying that, I will only read stories from authors that I know will always complete their stories. I haven't read a Lenny fanfic in years, it just I haven't had the time. I should get back into it as I know I'm missing out on some wonderful Lenny stories.

Sent from my SM-G998B using Tapatalk

You really should take up reading Lenny stories again. There are some writers left that complete their stories.

12 hours ago, NeckShotLime said:

Regarding the authors having stopped writing or not finishing their stories , it might be due to the lack of reviews , I don't know. 

It may be.  I know I'm disappointed when I'm only getting an average of 2 to 3 reviews a chapter.  The thing that keeps me going is know I have readers out there.  For those who don't know, Fan fic gives you the number of people visiting and the number of pages viewed for each day, for each story, for each chapter of a story, for each chapter viewed each day....Etc.  I currently get around 225 people who view the newest chapter and around 700 views of that chapter,  of my current story each week.  Those numbers are about 275 and 900, when you include all views of that story.   This goes to about 350 people and 1100 views, each week,  when you include all of my stories.  

One thing that shocked me, and made me realize I had some very loyal readers was a few months ago.  I had been ill, I was gone on Sunday morning when I usually publish at noon, on Sunday.    Anyway, I finally got around to publishing at 1 PM.  I reset all my weekly views before publishing.  When I went to reset, I found that there had been 125 people who had viewed my story.  I usually get about 20-30 before I publish, but these were obviously those who knew I published at noon, and were checking in to read the story.  It really warmed my twaddle to know that so many people knew when I published and were checking in without a notification being sent out.  

That being said, the number of readers for each of my stories has been dropping  (In October of 2013, with only two stories published, I was getting over 600 individual readers, with over 2700 views, each week).  I believe this is simply due to the show ending and fewer people are interested in extraneous stuff from the show.  One of the reasons I decided to continue my current story (albeit on a longer time between publishing), is I simply need a break, and I was worried if I simply quite writing for a six to nine months, there wouldn't be anyone left around to read it.

• Like 1
  • Penny Thumbs Up 1

I was worried if I simply quite writing for a six to nine months, there wouldn't be anyone left around to read it.

I will always read what you write for us. For me, I started reading your stories when I discovered "The Chew Toy Revelations". I've been hooked on your stories ever since. I've read everything you've written, more than once. I can't wait for your next chapter from your latest story, "The Unwrapped Consequence".

• Like 2
  • Thanks 1

I have to give a couple of shout outs.

@chucky ,  You've been there for my  last two stories, every week, for the last three years with a review.  And most of the time, it was the first review for that chapter.  You can't know how that makes me feel.

@SRAM You are right behind chucky, in regards to reviews.  There are times when you skip a chapter or two, but I know its due to work and when you get a chance, you do catch up reviews. 

@TLWand @NeckShotLime, I know you're reading, so I'm happy.  Unless we get a notification of a story becoming a favorite or a review, we writers generally don't know who is reading.  I've corresponded with both of you so I know you're reading.  This goes for you too @Mario D. and your guest reviews. 

My thanks to all of you. 

• Like 2
  • Penny Thumbs Up 2