Season 4 Episode 1 Robotic Manipulation

Mario D.

Have rewatched this episode again and it shows Sheldon going over the line again with his obnoxious, insulting attitude toward Penny that I wished she just would have slapped him and left him to walk home. This whole episode was just one big attack on Penny. What is it with these writers that they cannot have Sheldon making inappropriate comments and insults.  OK one or two jokes would be funny but a whole episode  to insult Penny on her sexual history and promiscuousness was plain lame after awhile. And it turns out Sheldon's calculations were wrong.

1 hour ago, Mario D. said:

Have rewatched this episode again and it shows Sheldon going over the line again with his obnoxious, insulting attitude toward Penny that I wished she just would have slapped him and left him to walk home. This whole episode was just one big attack on Penny. What is it with these writers that they cannot have Sheldon making inappropriate comments and insults.  OK one or two jokes would be funny but a whole episode to insult Penny on her sexual history and promiscuousness was plain lame after a while. And it turns out Sheldon's calculations were wrong.

I also wished that she would have slapped or hit him in the throat. Then walked out and made him walk home. It's ridiculous the crap Sheldon pulled and got away with.

• Like 1

Well, he can be an arse and his bluntness is the perfect tool to deliver all those distateful jokes and comments. This dialogue from season 8 I found absolutely crass, and i'm not a prude whatsoever. 

Leonard: Well, do you think when she and I had that conversation, she left people off her list?

Sheldon: I’m sure she did.

Leonard: Why?

Sheldon: Because if she hadn’t, she’d still be wading through the list.

Leonard: Will you stay out of this?

Sheldon: If only Penny had said that once in a while. 

They all commented on Penny's sexual history at some point, including Penny herself  ( although now i wonder if Leonard ever commented on it ?? ) but Sheldon really seemed to be fixating on it. Really weird. 

Edited by NeckShotLime
  • Like 1
  • Penny Thumbs Up 1

1 hour ago, NeckShotLime said:

Well, he can be an arse and his bluntness is the perfect tool to deliver all those distateful jokes and comments. This dialogue from season 8 I found absolutely crass, and i'm not a prude whatsoever. 

Leonard: Well, do you think when she and I had that conversation, she left people off her list?

Sheldon: I’m sure she did.

Leonard: Why?

Sheldon: Because if she hadn’t, she’d still be wading through the list.

Leonard: Will you stay out of this?

Sheldon: If only Penny had said that once in a while. 

They all commented on Penny's sexual history at some point, including Penny herself  ( although now i wonder if Leonard ever commented on it ?? ) but Sheldon really seemed to be fixating on it. Really weird. 

Yes maybe in the beginning they were funny jokes but when Penny and Leonard were engaged and then married the writers should have ceased those remarks. I think this was a factor in many people being discouraged in watching and some critics not giving them rave reviews. But I guess there were enough fans to keep it going for 12 seasons and I am grateful for that.

• Penny Thumbs Up 1

1 minute ago, Mario D. said:

Yes maybe in the beginning they were funny jokes but when Penny and Leonard were engaged and then married the writers should have ceased those remarks. I think this was a factor in many people being discouraged in watching and some critics not giving them rave reviews. But I guess there were enough fans to keep it going for 12 seasons and I am grateful for that.

I think it's the type of jokes casual viewers find funny but because you and I love Penny we find them distasteful. I also believe that Penny didn't really care about what Sheldon thought of her sexual history. I was more puzzled by Leonard's lack of reaction at times ( like in the dialogue i posted before ,why is he not telling Sheldon to shut his trap ??? ) or remember season 10 " it's Penny's bed , plenty of men have been there before" , Penny laughs it off, but you have Leonard not saying anything?? Amy was no better, mind you, she could have told Sheldon he was being rude. 

Anyway , i agree , once Penny was engaged then married , all these jokes about her past promiscuity should have been dropped.  

• Like 1

2 hours ago, NeckShotLime said:

I think it's the type of jokes casual viewers find funny but because you and I love Penny we find them distasteful. I also believe that Penny didn't really care about what Sheldon thought of her sexual history. I was more puzzled by Leonard's lack of reaction at times ( like in the dialogue i posted before ,why is he not telling Sheldon to shut his trap ??? ) or remember season 10 " it's Penny's bed , plenty of men have been there before" , Penny laughs it off, but you have Leonard not saying anything?? Amy was no better, mind you, she could have told Sheldon he was being rude. 

Anyway , i agree , once Penny was engaged then married , all these jokes about her past promiscuity should have been dropped.  

Yes i often wondered why they did not have Leonard give it back to Sheldon once in awhile to support his fiancee/wife

• Like 1