The Big Bang Theory Forums
Sign in to follow this  
Tripper

4.15 The Benefactor Factor (Feb. 10)

"The Benefactor Factor" - A wealthy donor to the university makes Leonard consider how far he's willing to go for the sake of science, on THE BIG BANG THEORY, Thursday, Feb. 10 (8:00-8:31 PM, ET/PT) on the CBS Television Network. Jessica Walter ("Arrested Development") guest stars as the benefactress and Joshua Malina ("The West Wing") guest stars as the University President.

Episode Guide | Wiki

Not as bad as The Zazzy Substitution but nothing to write home to mother about.

I smiled a few times but never laughed.

Well that was fun :D Maybe I have a weird humour *haha* but I laughed :D

Sheldon was hilarous! And Penny too. Love her! And thanks to Amy Sheldon went to that party.

And I loved that scene, where Sheldon doesn`t wanna shake everybodys hand :D

Also that one, where Leonard came home and Penny smiled :D Haha that was a great scene. Loved it.

I really enjoyed this episode. the L/S scenes were fantastic. The L/P/S scenes were great as well. I don't know why they don't do more L/P/S scenes because they are always very funny and entertaining. The L/P scene involving the walk of shame was hilarious. L/P really do work great together.

• Like 1

This was another very good episode. I really liked how Leonard didn't sleep with the woman to get the money yet no one will believe him.

This episode wasn't too bad. I cracked a smile a few times but I never laughed.

I did enjoy the L/P walk of shame scene.

I hate to say it, but I just don't buy that Leonard wasn't thinking about the money at all. Even after she tells him that she'll give the money regardless of what happens between them. How does Leonard know for sure? He doesn't, and the best way he could have tested that would have been to not have sex with her.

Unfortunately Leonard's credibility by the end is kind of shot given the the repeated mantra of "I'm not going to sleep with her" and then he goes ahead and does it anyway. It's like the univerisity guy says to Leonard at the end: "Keep telling yourself that".

I have been to hundreds of fundraisers and you can't tell me there's no male prostitutes out there

who will do anything for that "money" for their causes either for business or 'personal use' !

And I have never heard anyone refer to these "money" people as old and wrinkled while

their hands reaching into their pockets. A bit hypocritical I would say! These "money"

people are worshipped and revered. They control the world. Watch! One day someone is

going to call you old and wrinkled and you may not even have any money to donate !

"My Dad Says" gets my vote for last night's chuckles !

It's a good thing that Leonard never makes fun of Penny's promiscuity, or he'd be a hypocrite.

"I'm not crazy, my mother had me tested."

I found this one enjoyable and rather cute. It was nice to see Leonard taking centre-stage for once, after a long time. The whole thing about the university president's materialism, as well as the disdain among the 'science' people for the 'humanities' folks, was absolutely spot on. :)

And 'Daddy needs a new linear accelerator' had me ROFL. :D

I found this one enjoyable and rather cute. It was nice to see Leonard taking centre-stage for once, after a long time. The whole thing about the university president's materialism, as well as the disdain among the 'science' people for the 'humanities' folks, was absolutely spot on. :)

And 'Daddy needs a new linear accelerator' had me ROFL. :D

It's nice to see Leonard centre stage and it not be about penny/random girl he has a thing for, for a change. Funny situation to be in, but I thought the episode overall was average. Penny looked pretty hot in that pink tank top (?) at the end. Phwoar.

Why would penny or any other woman want to get with or want to get with Leonard after he had sex with an old lady for money, how does that not change her or their view of him and what becoming of Leonard?

One thing I didn't notice until recently, Jessica Walter (Mrs. Latham) was the voice of Fran on the '90s sitcom Dinosaurs.

Fran.jpg

The Mama.

• Like 2