The letter from Howard's father

TLW

I'm not sure if this has been asked before or what season it's in. When Sheldon finds the letter from Howard's father when he is organizing Howard and Bernadette's closet. The plan was that the gang came up with the idea that each of them would tell Howard something that the letter could have said.

Which version do you think it was? I think it was either what Bernadette or Leonard told him. Maybe Amy. Or possibly everyone (except Sheldon's Goonies scenario) told a piece of what was in the envelope.

2 hours ago, TLW said:

I'm not sure if this has been asked before or what season it's in. When Sheldon finds the letter from Howard's father when he is organizing Howard and Bernadette's closet. The plan was that the gang came up with the idea that each of them would tell Howard something that the letter could have said.

Which version do you think it was? I think it was either what Bernadette or Leonard told him. Maybe Amy. Or possibly everyone (except Sheldon's Goonies scenario) told a piece of what was in the envelope.

Personally, I think it was Leonard. We know for sure it wasn't Sheldon or Amy.

• Like 1

5 hours ago, TLW said:

Season 6, episode 19.  The Closet Reconfiguration.  I have that one memorized as the tag of that show is the start of my first fan fic, The Chew Toy Revelations.

5 hours ago, TLW said:

I think it could be one of three, Penny, Bernadette or Leonard,

Penny's is my first choice:  

It was a letter explaining that your dad wasn’t who he said he was. Eventually, his other life caught up to him, and the only way to keep you and your mom safe was to leave.

I'm thinking something like witness protection.  

Bernadette's is a possibility,

Inside the envelope was a picture of your dad holding you the day you were born. On the back he wrote Howard, my son, my greatest gift.

However, it's a bit too pat for me to have his wife have the right answer.  

Leonard's:  

Your dad wrote about how family is the most important thing, and that you should never throw it away like he did.

I see as a possibility, but, it's not tidy.  After all, he did eventually get another family, so why did he leave Howard and his mother.   Why not go back to Howard and his mother?

• Like 3

1 hour ago, Tensor said:

Season 6, episode 19.  The Closet Reconfiguration.  I have that one memorized as the tag of that show is the start of my first fan fic, The Chew Toy Revelations.

Penny's is my first choice:  

It was a letter explaining that your dad wasn’t who he said he was. Eventually, his other life caught up to him, and the only way to keep you and your mom safe was to leave.

I'm thinking something like witness protection.  

Bernadette's is a possibility,

Inside the envelope was a picture of your dad holding you the day you were born. On the back he wrote Howard, my son, my greatest gift.

However, it's a bit too pat for me to have his wife have the right answer.  

Leonard's:  

Your dad wrote about how family is the most important thing, and that you should never throw it away like he did.

I see as a possibility, but, it's not tidy.  After all, he did eventually get another family, so why did he leave Howard and his mother.   Why not go back to Howard and his mother?

I kinda lean toward Penny's version.  It seems very plausible

• Like 2

8 hours ago, Tensor said:

I agree that it's one of these three. Raj's was ridiculous, Sheldon's was a Goonies replay and Sheldon admitted Amy's was wrong. He should know since he read the letter. As for Leonard's adaption, I find it more possible. Although Penny's and Bernadette's were believable as well. Amy's would have been believable as well if it hadn't been for Sheldon.

• Like 2