Season 7 E8 vs Season 2 E1

eshalton

on Season 2 E1 The Bad fish Paradigm,  Penny shares a secret with Sheldon about not graduating from college, it gets to the point he moves out.  On Season 7 E8 The Itchy brain simulation. Sheldon is able to keep a secret from Lenard for 7 years with a problem. How can that be??

• Like 1

Inconsistency from the writers.  It’s usually called “The rule of Funny”.  If it’s funny, ignore the consistent characterization.  It drives fans crazy. 

• Like 1
  • Haha 1

2 hours ago, eshalton said:

on Season 2 E1 The Bad fish Paradigm,  Penny shares a secret with Sheldon about not graduating from college, it gets to the point he moves out.  On Season 7 E8 The Itchy brain simulation. Sheldon is able to keep a secret from Lenard for 7 years with a problem. How can that be??

Another inconsistency I disliked was at Sheldon's birthday party (200th episode), Leonard's mother tells him and Penny about her 60th birthday party where Sheldon seemed to be invited and Lenny was not. So he kept that secret very conveniently.

2 hours ago, Tensor said:

Inconsistency from the writers.  It’s usually called “The rule of Funny”.  If it’s funny, ignore the consistent characterization.  It drives fans crazy. 

Besides the inconsistencies I disliked some of the dialogue used to just get a laugh. One example: Beverly upon hearing of Lenny engagement says to Leonard Sheldon has already told me and spoke fondly of Penny, so if she is good enough for him then she is good enough for me. Outrqgeous and distasteful as if Sheldon were her son

Another example was when the girls were giving Raj dating advice and they decided to play "hooky"   from work and Penny says "Being in a motel with a 34 yr old guy named Luther" Since she was supposedly only 17 yrs old at the time this was absolutely disgraceful.  A controversial line just to get a laugh

3 hours ago, Mario D. said:

Another inconsistency I disliked was at Sheldon's birthday party (200th episode), Leonard's mother tells him and Penny about her 60th birthday party where Sheldon seemed to be invited and Lenny was not. So he kept that secret very conveniently.

Besides the inconsistencies I disliked some of the dialogue used to just get a laugh. One example: Beverly upon hearing of Lenny engagement says to Leonard Sheldon has already told me and spoke fondly of Penny, so if she is good enough for him then she is good enough for me. Outrqgeous and distasteful as if Sheldon were her son

Another example was when the girls were giving Raj dating advice and they decided to play "hooky"   from work and Penny says "Being in a motel with a 34 yr old guy named Luther" Since she was supposedly only 17 yrs old at the time this was absolutely disgraceful.  A controversial line just to get a laugh

I agree, but those were just the tip of the iceberg, I'm sorry to say!

• Like 1

On 1/5/2022 at 3:52 PM, eshalton said:

It's his own secret - he's OK with those, and he'd already dealt with the situation by paying for the video.

On 1/5/2022 at 6:01 PM, Mario D. said:

"Another example was when the girls were giving Raj dating advice and they decided to play "hooky"   from work and Penny says "Being in a motel with a 34 yr old guy named Luther" Since she was supposedly only 17 yrs old at the time this was absolutely disgraceful.  A controversial line just to get a laugh "

That's one of the lines that Channel E4 over here leaves out during daytime showings. 'Amy's birthday gift will be my genitals' and 'whose life began in my hero's scrtum' are but two other examples, not to mention references to Amy's work with drug addiction in animals.

• Like 2
  • Penny Thumbs Up 1

57 minutes ago, joyceraye said:

Penny says "Being in a motel with a 34 yr old guy named Luther

I always thought that was a useless line that made Penny look bad. It definitely wasn't needed.

• Like 2

20 hours ago, joyceraye said:

It's his own secret - he's OK with those, and he'd already dealt with the situation by paying for the video.

"Another example was when the girls were giving Raj dating advice and they decided to play "hooky"   from work and Penny says "Being in a motel with a 34 yr old guy named Luther" Since she was supposedly only 17 yrs old at the time this was absolutely disgraceful.  A controversial line just to get a laugh "

That's one of the lines that Channel E4 over here leaves out during daytime showings. 'Amy's birthday gift will be my genitals' and 'whose life began in my hero's scrtum' are but two other examples, not to mention references to Amy's work with drug addiction in animals.

Intersting. I suppose if I didn't know what was missing it would be okay. It's like TBS in the US deleting the original cold opening to the first episode. I know it exists and not seeing it bothers me.

• Like 1
  • Penny Thumbs Up 1

11 minutes ago, HeWolf said:

Intersting. I suppose if I didn't know what was missing it would be okay. It's like TBS in the US deleting the original cold opening to the first episode. I know it exists and not seeing it bothers me.

Yep, that is interesting.

1 hour ago, HeWolf said:

If you are talking about TBS have you seen the error they do when they air Season 8. Episodes  7 & 8 are always reversed. The description caption shows ep 7 for 8 and vice versa.  A glaring mistake

• Like 1

1 hour ago, Mario D. said:

If you are talking about TBS have you seen the error they do when they air Season 8. Episodes  7 & 8 are always reversed. The description caption shows ep 7 for 8 and vice versa.  A glaring mistake

I know. You expect one episode and get the other.