The Big Bang Theory Forums
Sign in to follow this  
Tripper

4.16 The Cohabitation Formulation (Feb. 17)

(Spoiler from trailer):

I noticed something: At the end of the trailer, there's Amy and Penny, right? And they are in front of Penny's appartment, right? I don't recall Amy stranding there, ever...

My point?

Well... do you think she'll do the Sheldon Knock? Or that she has a knocking of her own?

Just curious! ^_^

Great another episode about Leonard dating someone.

*In Sheldon's voice* Was that sarcasm? ;):p

Great another episode about Leonard dating someone.

*In Sheldon's voice* Was that sarcasm? ;):p

I need a sign. :icon_confused:

"The Cohabitation Formulation" - As Wolowitz contemplates taking things with Bernadette to the next level, Leonard rekindles his relationship with Raj's sister, on THE BIG BANG THEORY, Thursday, Feb. 17 (8:00-8:31 PM, ET/PT) on the CBS Television Network.

I believe that the relationship between Leornardo and Penny will be full of ups and downs. This relationship is an integral part of the group, and it is widely accepted by the audience. Producers seek to maintain that love like a telenovela without forgetting the true meaning of the series, the humor. Leonard's character has to grow up socially to be a definitive love with Penny. For the next chapter mentions the participation of Zack, probably as an outlet for Penny not to feel alone but it is just to spice the relationship between Leonard and Penny. I think they stay together at the end of the series because it is the love we dream in real life.

:icon_biggrin:

Great episode. Love that the hot beverage is now mandatory. I never thought I would be one to catch something like this but i was a little upset to see Sheldon eating Thai food with chop sticks, when earlier in the series he made a point to explain that the fork has been used in Thailand for hundreds of years. The producers are usually very good at keeping all the physics legit and the conversations accurate little disappointed that they missed such a simple thing. Not a big deal I guess but I thought I would see what others thought. Maybe I'm being ridiculous but I'm not a big sitcom guy and the details being accurate is one of the reasons I love this show.

TooLate, I actually didn't notice that. And I remember Sheldon's earlier comment (Big Bran Hypothesis) very well. I must be losing my TBBT grip. :p

I thought it was a lovely episode. I was cracking up throughout at Raj's pathetic attempts at 'forbidding' his sister's relationship. His expressions were priceless. A perfect combination of Indian-big-brother possessiveness and Raj's own timidity.

The Howard-mom-Bernadette story was quite in character, and Sheldon was satisfactorily mellow and gentle throughout.

Amy is growing on me more with each episode. Here she did 'use' Penny for her experiment (the electrode scenes were hilarious), but she was sincerely caring of her after that, and so was Sheldon. Even Penny obviously felt it the last scene.

And this has to be included in my list of favorite TBBT lines.

Sheldon: 'They went to Catalena for the weekend'.

Penny: 'Where's Raj?'

Sheldon: 'At home, forbidding it'.

ROFL.

Great episode. Love that the hot beverage is now mandatory. I never thought I would be one to catch something like this but i was a little upset to see Sheldon eating Thai food with chop sticks, when earlier in the series he made a point to explain that the fork has been used in Thailand for hundreds of years. The producers are usually very good at keeping all the physics legit and the conversations accurate little disappointed that they missed such a simple thing. Not a big deal I guess but I thought I would see what others thought. Maybe I'm being ridiculous but I'm not a big sitcom guy and the details being accurate is one of the reasons I love this show.

No, I agree. They tend to go back and forth with Sheldon especially. I mean, he doesn't start doing the three knock thing with Penny until second season. He lets her sit in his spot in the first season. He says he had a cat when he was young (Lucky), and then points out that he is allergic to cats and doesn't want Leonard to get one (in the roommate agreement), and he later brings home a bunch of cats in season four. For someone who supposedly has OCD, he switches things up quite a bit.

Interesting episode! Wow that was exciting!

The beginning was nice with Howard and Bernadette. Loved Bernadettes monkey imitation :D *hahaha*

And Sheldon what should I say: Does he rock that show or what. Man he´s so funny :D Loved his funny line in the cheesecake factory "Dance with no pants" *ROFL*

And Amy wow that was nice! So sweet how she comforted Penny.

Poor Howard: Now he has to suffer :D (he´s got grounded) But she should have known that his mother can`t open emails :D Hope Bernadette still wants him we will see soon.

And now I come to Raj and his sister: Yeah she´s back. Lovely how she is but last time she was funnier.

Leonard was a little boring mmh but whatever he´s back together with Pria which is good for him but not for Penny and Raj. Raj was so helpless, as he tried so hard to forbid Pria the realtionship with Leonard.

The end was sweet with Penny, Sheldon and Amy (what a nice trio :D).

But now I can`t wait untill next week and till march ´cause the episodes are getting so exciting. And this one was the beginning.

I liked Sheldon and Amy the best and not to forget : MrsWolowitz :D and of course Penny. The rest was okay.

@Texan4Life: Yeah that was so funny that she always asked that *hahahaha* Love Howards mother! I kinda miss her when she´s not there ´cause I love her voice :D :D :D Such a fan of that voice :D

Congratulations to the writers of the script. Have achieved the drama of the relationship Penny-Leonard without forgetting the original meaning of the series, the humor. I loved the acting of Raj trying to forbid the relationship between Priya and Leonard. Howard will still be a loser and soon ended the engagement with Bernadette. A new and striking point is the participation of Amy. Represent a contradictory role because on one hand sought to help and comfort to Penny, on the other hand caused a great impact and pain in Penny for your cold and calculating analysis of the situation. But eventually achieving the desired goal to see Penny broken by recognizing their feelings Leonard.

Nobody knows what they have until they lose. Remember the episode 4.08, when Amy asked Penny what would happen if in the future, Leonard is not available because another woman realized that's a great kid. The prophecy was fulfilled.

I think the script writers are seeking to present different situations of the characters separately, but will also serve to bring the group back when each situation and will finish the season 5 again see the same dynamics of seasons 1 and 2 where the script was designed to involve all members of the group and not separately as we see today.

Sheldon: 'They went to Catalena for the weekend'.

Penny: 'Where's Raj?'

Sheldon: 'At home, forbidding it'.

I liked it, too. One of the classics of Sheldon.

Slight annoyance but was Raj drunk at the Cheesecake Factory? He has no trouble talking to Penny there even if it was just "Leonard, he's dating my sister"

Slight annoyance but was Raj drunk at the Cheesecake Factory? He has no trouble talking to Penny there even if it was just "Leonard, he's dating my sister"

Maybe he was not drunk but in the beginning of the scene has a bottle in his hand. It was probably a beer.

I just rewatched the episode. Actually, the scene starts with Raj, Sheldon and Howard sitting. Th events focus more on Sheldon and Howard, who discuss about the possibility that Wolowitz stays with them for another night, but behind them you can see Raj finishing drinking one sip. and we all know that, for him, one is enought (the episode where he gets fired and starts working for/with Sheldon comes to mind). So it's fine! :)

I just rewatched the episode. Actually, the scene starts with Raj, Sheldon and Howard sitting. Th events focus more on Sheldon and Howard, who discuss about the possibility that Wolowitz stays with them for another night, but behind them you can see Raj finishing drinking one sip. and we all know that, for him, one is enought (the episode where he gets fired and starts working for/with Sheldon comes to mind). So it's fine! :)

That's right.

I thought Bernadette and Howard got together because of their mothers.

Bernadette surprise at Howard's attachment to his mother doesn't fly.

Anyone else notice how happy Amy was when she went to 'console' Penny?

Amy didn't give a crap about Penny.

Pria has already told Leonard a relationship is impossible because of her parents. So it's just temporary.

Raj needs to get back at Leonard for doing his sister. The obvious thing to do is Penny.

However, probably the best episode in some time.

From the synopsis this episode looked boring, but I really enjoyed when I actually watched it. Sheldon was spot on and had just the right amount of influence and the whole cast was involved, which is good. Bravo!