Jump to content

New Book About the Show.


Tensor
 Share

Recommended Posts

Today, a new book about the show was announced by Grand Central Publishing.  The title, "The Big Bang Theory: The Definitive Inside Story of the Epic Hit Series", written by Jessica Radloff .   She did all new interviews with the cast and the creative team.  The release date is currently scheduled for Oct 11th.  

Here’s a link to The Hollywood Reporter article.

Here's a link to the publisher's site.

 Below you will find posts with links to the IG posts of the cast members, who agreed to help launch the book.  

Link to comment
Share on other sites

  • Tensor changed the title to New Book About the Show.
  • Tensor unlocked this topic
1 hour ago, Tensor said:

Mayim also made the announcement on her IG Stories.  Check her account, if you wish.  

Well, I can't wait to read the book. Seems as though the whole cast is excited about this event. Thanks for sharing. 

Link to comment
Share on other sites

After talking with Jessica, she suggests that if you are planning on getting the book that you should watch through the series before reading.  This way, you'll have the show fresh in your mind when you read what was going on with the actors or situations behind the scenes (BTS) for a particular scene or a particular arc.  

Another way of doing it, (or after getting through the book), would be to find those individual stories that interest you and find out what happened BTS, then watch those particular scenes or arcs.  She mentioned it should give you a new insight into some of the major and/or iconic scenes.    Think of it as audio commentary on the DVDs, except you have to read it.  

Link to comment
Share on other sites

2 hours ago, NeckShotLime said:

i wonder if there's any juicy gossip 😆

Got to be something juicy that we don't know. The question is,  will they reveal the juicy bits of info. 🤔

Link to comment
Share on other sites

4 hours ago, chucky said:

Got to be something juicy that we don't know. The question is,  will they reveal the juicy bits of info. 🤔

I wonder how far Kaley and Johnny will go about their relationship

Link to comment
Share on other sites

8 hours ago, Mario D. said:

I wonder how far Kaley and Johnny will go about their relationship

As private as they are, they'll probably just acknowledge they were in a relationship and talk about how hard it was to keep it secret. 

Link to comment
Share on other sites

I keep reading the Glamour article that Tensor posted and stuff like " Johnny’s candor opened the door to some really powerful conversations" , "She also took it upon herself to suggest that some of our Zooms include Johnny." , "They are truly as close as they say they are and have each other’s backs through thick and thin"  is why I love these two so much

Really looking forward to reading the book. 

Edited by NeckShotLime
Link to comment
Share on other sites

1 hour ago, NeckShotLime said:

I keep reading the Glamour article that Tensor posted and stuff like " Johnny’s candor opened the door to some really powerful conversations" , "She also took it upon herself to suggest that some of our Zooms include Johnny." , "They are truly as close as they say they are and have each other’s backs through thick and thin"  is why I love these two so much

Really looking to reading the book. 

Wondering if Jessica Radloff got any impression that they might rekindle their romance.

Link to comment
Share on other sites

Something I'd really love to see in that book is Johnny's thoughts on the treatment of his character especially in the later seasons. 

Kunal's thoughts would be interesting too 

Edited by NeckShotLime
Link to comment
Share on other sites

4 hours ago, NeckShotLime said:

Something I'd really love to see in that book is Johnny's thoughts on the treatment of his character especially in the later seasons. 

Kunal's thoughts would be interesting too 

I agree,  would love to hear Kaley's opinion as well. 

Link to comment
Share on other sites

  • 5 months later...
On 4/11/2022 at 5:16 PM, Tensor said:

Here’s another article about the book. A lot of this is already out there, but in case you haven’t seen all of the bits and pieces, most of them are here. 


https://screenrant.com/big-bang-theory-official-book-facts/

One part of the excerpt that I got a chuckle about is the story of when Johnny was late for a rehearsal and they sent Nicole Lorre to his house to check on him and when she got there she could not get in. So she called  back to the studio and they put Kaley on and she told Nicole how to get in with the code. Nicole wondered how the hell did she know that.No one was aware at that time that Kaley and Johnny were dating.

Link to comment
Share on other sites

1 hour ago, Mario D. said:

One part of the excerpt that I got a chuckle about is the story of when Johnny was late for a rehearsal and they sent Nicole Lorre to his house to check on him and when she got there she could not get in. So she called  back to the studio and they put Kaley on and she told Nicole how to get in with the code. Nicole wondered how the hell did she know that.No one was aware at that time that Kaley and Johnny were dating.

That is funny 

 

Link to comment
Share on other sites

Create an account or sign in to comment

You need to be a member in order to leave a comment

Create an account

Sign up for a new account in our community. It's easy!

Register a new account

Sign in

Already have an account? Sign in here.

Sign In Now
 Share

×
×
  • Create New...

Important Information

We have placed cookies on your device to help make this website better. You can adjust your cookie settings, otherwise we'll assume you're okay to continue.