The apartment building

TLW

How many floors tall was 2311 North Los Robles? I know it was at least 5. Since Alicia lived in 5A.

I found a picture online of a layout of the fourth floor apartments. It seems like an odd floor plan. Especially since the B side apartments have nothing underneath them on the ground floor. The apartment on Penny's side and all the other B side units. Because the door that corresponds to a B side door on the ground floor is the exit door. Does that make sense?

Also the A side apartments do not appear to have closets. I don't know if this was supposed to be an official floor plan or just some persons interpretation of what it might be.

Screenshot 2022-02-19 010422.png

Edited by TLW

8 hours ago, TLW said:

How many floors tall was 2311 North Los Robles? I know it was at least 5. Since Alicia lived in 5A.

I found a picture online of a layout of the fourth floor apartments. It seems like an odd floor plan. Especially since the B side apartments have nothing underneath them on the ground floor. The apartment on Penny's side and all the other B side units. Because the door that corresponds to a B side door on the ground floor is the exit door. Does that make sense?

Also the A side apartments do not appear to have closets. I don't know if this was supposed to be an official floor plan or just some persons interpretation of what it might be.

It's a sitcom. It's a production set. The layouts don't do the sets justice. So, it is what it is.  I don't even give it a second thought. 

23 hours ago, TLW said:

A couple of things.  The fact that 4B is out over the street has been mentioned by many people before.  

There are only five floors in the building (only four with apartments, floors 2-5).  In 11-19, The Tennant Disassociation, Leonard and Penny are talking to the guy in 5B and you can see the door with "Roof Access" on it.  

There isn't  any openings, on the first floor,  for there to be any  building on the A side. There is no where for the laundry room to be as  It would seem to be by the hallway to the left of the mailboxes, but in S5E7 The Good Guy Fluctuation, you can see down that hallway and it ends in a door.  Now, that could be the laundry room door, but from the shots inside the laundry room, it can't be that door. 

We have to accept that there can't be an accurate floor plan.  The hallway to the bedrooms looks to be much larger than in the show.  There is a closet in Sheldon's room, just to the left of  where Leonard's bed is (FWIW, Sheldon's room is larger here, than shown in the show). There is a closet in Leonard's room where the triangle formed by Leonard's room, the kitchen and the hallway is.  We've seen Leonard's closet in several episodes.

There is also a closet behind the couch and there is or is not a closet in the hallway, by Leonard's bedroom's door, depending on which episode you are watching.   In S1E5, The Hamburger Postulate, there is a shot of Sheldon's door, a picture in a frame, and another door, presumably a closet right next to Leonard's bedroom door.  However, in S2E3 The Barbarian Sublimation, there is no door next to Leonard's, in the hallway, all you see is Sheldon's Bedroom door.  And, in  S5E15 The Friendship Contraction, you can clearly see a door, in the hallway, right next to Leonard's bedroom door with the frame of a picture.  I believe there is one episode that has a short hallway to a door, next to Leonard's door.  

9 hours ago, Tensor said:

A couple of things.  The fact that 4B is out over the street has been mentioned by many people before.  

There are only five floors in the building (only four with apartments, floors 2-5).  In 11-19, The Tennant Disassociation, Leonard and Penny are talking to the guy in 5B and you can see the door with "Roof Access" on it.  

There isn't  any openings, on the first floor,  for there to be any  building on the A side. There is no where for the laundry room to be as  It would seem to be by the hallway to the left of the mailboxes, but in S5E7 The Good Guy Fluctuation, you can see down that hallway and it ends in a door.  Now, that could be the laundry room door, but from the shots inside the laundry room, it can't be that door. 

We have to accept that there can't be an accurate floor plan.  The hallway to the bedrooms looks to be much larger than in the show.  There is a closet in Sheldon's room, just to the left of  where Leonard's bed is (FWIW, Sheldon's room is larger here, than shown in the show). There is a closet in Leonard's room where the triangle formed by Leonard's room, the kitchen and the hallway is.  We've seen Leonard's closet in several episodes.

There is also a closet behind the couch and there is or is not a closet in the hallway, by Leonard's bedroom's door, depending on which episode you are watching.   In S1E5, The Hamburger Postulate, there is a shot of Sheldon's door, a picture in a frame, and another door, presumably a closet right next to Leonard's bedroom door.  However, in S2E3 The Barbarian Sublimation, there is no door next to Leonard's, in the hallway, all you see is Sheldon's Bedroom door.  And, in  S5E15 The Friendship Contraction, you can clearly see a door, in the hallway, right next to Leonard's bedroom door with the frame of a picture.  I believe there is one episode that has a short hallway to a door, next to Leonard's door.  

Spot on reasoning and deduction. 

14 hours ago, Tensor said:

I have seen the bedroom closets. In the episode where Penny is going through Leonard's clothes to find him something to wear to give his lecture. And Sheldon's closet when Mary tells him he's going to apologize to Dr. Gablehauser and get his job back. I've seen the storage closet in the living room as well. I think it's where Leonard gets his light saber from when the power was out. I've never noticed the door for a hall closet before but maybe I will notice it now.

Another thing based on the layout above that makes another episode seem weird. In the episode where they are robbed and Sheldon crawls out on the ledge to go to Leonard's room. If a building was layed out like picture above, that would be a long trip crawling on a ledge, having to turn a corner and all.