The Big Bang Theory Forums
Sign in to follow this  
Tripper

4.17 The Toast Derivation (Feb. 24)

"The Toast Derivation" - Sheldon struggles to cope when he realizes it's actually Leonard who is the center of their social group, on THE BIG BANG THEORY, Thursday, Feb. 24 (8:00-8:31 PM, ET/PT) on the CBS Television Network.

Episode Guide | Wiki

...This episode better be epic. It sounds like an awesome premise. Hopefully it wont be lackluster like this season has been lately.

A little more detail:

WHEN THE GANG STARTS HANGING OUT AT RAJ'S, SHELDON DECIDES TO GET A NEW GROUP OF FRIENDS, ON "THE BIG BANG THEORY," THURSDAY, FEB. 24

----------

This looks like a Sheldon-centered plot, after a while. They've not had many lately, besides 'Bus Pants'. Sounds interesting, anyway.. this will probably be a core-group episode, with no guest stars and just the group hanging out together.

Yes, I just got to know about Levar Burton, and that Zack & Kripke will be back. Sorry.

He's playing himself. Of course, Wil Wheaton plays "himself", too, and Wil is definitely not evil in real life. So we'll see!

Steve

The Wiki

I conclude that Leonard moves into the apartment of Raj for his new relationship with Priya. Sheldon is left alone in the apartment and therefore seeks a new group of friends. It seems that Stuart is the new roommate Sheldon.

Penny returns with Zack not to be alone but I get the impression that Zack would rather be with the new group of friends from Sheldon. Penny will feel even more the absence of Leonard and Leonard will realize that was a real friend to see Zack's indifference to her. I think Zack preferred to be with the new group of Sheldon that go with Penny.

In scenes of girls in the apartment of Penny strikes me see Penny with shoes in hand. I imagine that conversation will make Penny think more in their relationship and friendship he had with Leonard and the boys, now that the group is not united.

I have no idea how many chapters will be separated the group but will be good to revalue the friendship of the group and rejoin. To Sheldon will be a different experience and if we look at is the first step where you will have to socialize with others.

It is a temporary separation of the group and I think it will be very beneficial. Good for the writers of the script.

Thanks. That looks funny enough.

Levar Burton is turning up because Sheldon tweeted him? :p

This episode was great. While Sheldon works best in episodes that don't focus solely on him (except for ones where he's sick), I really liked this. He wasn't overbearing like he was in The Bus Pants Utilisation.

My favourites in this episode, though, were Zack, Kripke, and Amy. Seriously, more Zack and Kripke! Anyone else notice Zack was eating the same type of sweets that Sheldon had given him in The Justice League Recombination?

The boys reminiscing over Sheldon and his adventures equated sweetness. Leonard's recounting was the best. My favourite line of the night, though, came from Howard: "I think it's like Beetlejuice: we said his name too many times." :D

Was a pretty good episode, I'm disappointed that Levar Burton didn't get a larger role though! Howard was really on the ball in this episode too, the only real laughs I had with the episode were from him.

With all the Penny stuff going on in that episode, you can really tell that they are lining her up to run back to Leonard, break down and declare her love for him, probably infront of Priya. Just like in Friends! (that might be me being cynical though). How much emotional torture Penny will have to endure and boredom that we will have to endure from now until then is up to the writers of course.

I'm even willing to go as far as to predict that Priya will have to go back to India and Leonard will reluctantly decide to go with her, then Penny will bunker down her feelings until the very last minute, turn up at the airport and scream "Don't go, I love you!" PLACING ALL BETS, WHO WANTS IN ON THIS ACTION???

EDIT: I just now read the synopsis for the next episode... too predictable. At least it's going to be out of the way quickly so we can concentrate on the laughs again.

I'm even willing to go as far as to predict that Priya will have to go back to India and Leonard will reluctantly decide to go with her, then Penny will bunker down her feelings until the very last minute, turn up at the airport and scream "Don't go, I love you!" PLACING ALL BETS, WHO WANTS IN ON THIS ACTION???

Maybe not exactly that, but you are definately right about Leonard having to choose between the two once everything is out in the open ie: Penny saying that she loves him.

As for the next episode, Leonard is going to pick Priya. Leonard will not pick Penny until he knows that she loves him.

Maybe not exactly that, but you are definately right about Leonard having to choose between the two once everything is out in the open ie: Penny saying that she loves him.

As for the next episode, Leonard is going to pick Priya. Leonard will not pick Penny until he knows that she loves him.

I hope that's a guess on your part, I don't want a spoiler :p

Just to switch topic but still stay on the Toast episode, a question to the girls on the forum only:

Who among you owns an electric toothbrush? ^_^ LOL

Ok, guys can answer, too, but honestly, that I don't want to know! LOL :p

Just to switch topic but still stay on the Toast episode, a question to the girls on the forum only:

I can honestly answer no to both the literal and figurative meaning of this question.

I found this episode nice.. not hilariously funny, but cute. I laughed more in the last two (Benefactor Factor and Cohabitation Formulation).

I'm still enjoying the Penny/Amy interactions; Amy puts in this interesting mix of unintentional stings and brusque affection. And Zack was hilarious, as before. My favorite scene was Zack trying to introduce himself, and the jacuzzi versus Archimedes conversation. :)

The group finding that they miss Sheldon when he's not there was a sweet little touch, and perhaps an important one.. it's one of the rare times we get to see why they're together in the first place, apart from them just 'tolerating' him because of Leonard. At some level, he needs them and they need him; and the toast to 'all friends, no matter how quirky' was so appropriate.

I can honestly answer no to both the literal and figurative meaning of this question.

No. (In the tone used by Sheldon when Penny says 'come dance with me'). :)