The Big Bang Theory Forums
Sign in to follow this  
Tripper

4.18 The Prestidigitation Approximation (Mar. 10)

Here is the promotrailer :D

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Z9V61p7IQos

Thanks. This part seems nice! Interestingly, they don't show the Leonard/Priya/Penny angle at all, in the promo. So I hope it's subsidiary.

All :p

Still trying to figure out what the attraction is there tbh, it baffles me. Someone it explain it to me please!

I love them, too, as a HUMOROUS pairing. They have wonderful comic timing together, and Jim and Kaley play off each other very well. I simply cannot imagine a romantic connection, though. As Jim says in interviews, I would be jaw-dropped if that ever happened.

Jaw-droppingly dumb yes :p Might make a nice nightmare sequence for either one of them though ;)

Still trying to figure out what the attraction is there tbh, it baffles me. Someone it explain it to me please!

I love them, too, as a HUMOROUS pairing. They have wonderful comic timing together, and Jim and Kaley play off each other very well. I simply cannot imagine a romantic connection, though. As Jim says in interviews, I would be jaw-dropped if that ever happened.

Jaw-droppingly dumb yes :p Might make a nice nightmare sequence for either one of them though ;)

Kaley actually said that once, that the only way Sheldon and Penny could get together would be in a nightmare!

Kaley actually said that once, that the only way Sheldon and Penny could get together would be in a nightmare!

Then she's smarter than she looks :p

Then she's smarter than she looks :p

Or she just knows Penny only too well. :)

I don't know, I did liked that the gang, especcially Howard, actually planned from the beginning to be messing up with Sheldon's head! That was awesome, hilarious! ^_^ Especcially the bar codes and the wand! lol

Kinda surprising he chooses Priya over Penny... Oh well, he does have sex with Priya right now, not with Penny, so that's why! 'probably won't last that way for long, anyway!

As I recall, this is the first episode in which drama is suspended or inconclusive. The decision that Leonard had to stay open when it crashed against the door. It is clear that Leonard remained depressed for a good bye to Penny. This story will continue in upcoming episodes. I think the drama of the episode was to maintain latent feelings they have toward each other. Lenny relationship will continue and most think it will be subject to the final episodes of the season.

Similarly, Sheldon could not decipher the Howard card trick, though perhaps not as relevant as the previous topic.

As I recall, this is the first episode in which drama is suspended or inconclusive. The decision that Leonard had to stay open when it crashed against the door. It is clear that Leonard remained depressed for a good bye to Penny. This story will continue in upcoming episodes. I think the drama of the episode was to maintain latent feelings they have toward each other. Lenny relationship will continue and most think it will be subject to the final episodes of the season.

Similarly, Sheldon could not decipher the Howard card trick, though perhaps not as relevant as the previous topic.

I liked the episode. The card trick storyline was hilarious. The Leonard being a chick magnet thing... meh. Quite good though overall.

This was a fun episode, even if rather predictable.. the magic part was thoroughly enjoyable. Sheldon at his clueless, absurdly charged-up best (some of Jim's expressions were priceless), and very cute chemistry between Howard, Raj and Penny.

The Leonard being a chick magnet thing... meh.

He was? I thought he was being more of a bump magnet. :p

This was a fun episode, even if rather predictable.. the magic part was thoroughly enjoyable. Sheldon at his clueless, absurdly charged-up best (some of Jim's expressions were priceless), and very cute chemistry between Howard, Raj and Penny.

The Leonard being a chick magnet thing... meh.

He was? I thought he was being more of a bump magnet. :p

Yes he can attract girls, walls and doors! What a smoothie!

''Believe in magic, you muggle!''

Sorry! I was rewatching the episode online, that line is hilarious! ^_^

Yeah Howard was really on the ball in that episode, have to say. Raj was pretty funny too.

And their 'friendly chemistry' was perfect, without being gay-suggestive at all. I liked that.

The best part for me is the final trick on Sheldon with Raj showing 2 on his chest (heart) - just killed me laughing.

He really can't comprehend simple things, but very keen from both Raj and Howwy xD

And love that slam on the door when Penny left the building. New Contacts.

Regards, I'm new around ^^

Yeah Howard was really on the ball in that episode, have to say. Raj was pretty funny too.

And their 'friendly chemistry' was perfect, without being gay-suggestive at all. I liked that.

Couldn't agree more. It's nice when the guys get along.

@Kynamitem0 welcome!

This for me was one of the best for season 4. I loved how Leonard tried to work Darwin's Galapagos Island observations into his conversation with Penny.

Oh yeah and the card trick was a highlight.

Remeber guys loose boxers!

Not to nitpick, but why should Leonard be blinded by wearing contacts? I find I see better with them - peripheral vision is way better than with glasses. It would have been more accurate if he was a little dizzy or something; they are a bit vertigo-inducing when you first get them, I found.

I do have to say "I gave up the gift of sight for you!" was pretty hilarious though. :D

Just watched it for third or fourth time and got how sad the scene in the lobby when Jerk Leonard tells Penny he can't see her any more is. Penny is really sad but she acts with self-control and dignity (the opposite of Amy, incidentally). "Goodbye, Leonard" is much affecting than the tantrums of most of the characters when they get dumped. Beautifully restrained acting by KC.

I think Leonard is to blame, not Priya. She didn't know about L & Penny's long friendship or that 4a was the centre of Penny's social life.

Penny: You don’t wanna wash that.

Leonard: No?

Penny: No, that’s silk. Seriously, what would you do without me?

When did Penny become such an expert on clothes cleaning?

That's why she used to have everything laying around her apartment.  She didn't want to destroy any of her clothing items made of silk.   

On 2/28/2016 at 4:18 AM, JohnPhD said:

Just watched it for third or fourth time and got how sad the scene in the lobby when Jerk Leonard tells Penny he can't see her any more is. Penny is really sad but she acts with self-control and dignity (the opposite of Amy, incidentally). "Goodbye, Leonard" is much affecting than the tantrums of most of the characters when they get dumped. Beautifully restrained acting by KC.

I think Leonard is to blame, not Priya. She didn't know about L & Penny's long friendship or that 4a was the centre of Penny's social life.

How was Leonard being a jerk? He had a new girlfriend. And his current girlfreinds had a problem with his ex hanging out with him all the time. TO me LEonard was the one who was more sad, not Penny. TO say Priya diddn't know about Penny and LEoanrd's long term friendship or them dating? OR Pennys social group in 4A. She was over their every day, and she even mentioned it to LEonard in his bedroom. She said you know Leonard don't you think its weird that Penny hangs out with you every day. Then Priya asked Leonard to disown Penny, that is how it started. I mean even when they were on a date, and Penny interuppted their dinner haha.  Sooo What you thought Priya as jealous Penny was more prettier.  If that was the case why did he want Leonard to disown Penny? OF course she knew about it. That is the very reawson she wanted LEonard to cut Penny out his life. I mean this is the same Priya who used an argument about her ex in india lol. I don't think living in close quarters compares. YOur acting like Leonard wanted to disown Penny, he diddn't Priya forced him too.  I do agree with you though, great Acting by Kaley. Very restrained. 

Edited by 3ku11