The Big Bang Theory Forums
Sign in to follow this  
Artican

Bernadette

What do YOU think of Bernadette?  

19 members have voted

1. 1. What do YOU think of Bernadette?

• Hate her. She has to go.
    • Don't really like her, but don't hate her.
    • She's OK.
    • I kinda like her.
    • LOVE BERNADETTE!

OK, I like her, but am I the only one who's shocked that Bernadette is studying microbiology? She's really not that smart. She seems to take most of Howard's crap without really realizing it, which says that her IQ must not hit the triple digits even if it were doubled (OK, maybe that's a little harsh, but still.)

She's gotten better over the episodes.

Penny is by far the best of the ladies, though.

And remember, Sheldon has a hard time with sarcasm. Humor is a relative thing. It is, however, kind of a tired character trait already.

She's gotten better over the episodes.

Penny is by far the best of the ladies, though.

And remember, Sheldon has a hard time with sarcasm. Humor is a relative thing. It is, however, kind of a tired character trait already.

I know what you mean, but she has this general air of being ditzy that doesn't combine well with her extensive knowledge of microbiology.

Just saying that given Sheldon is a crazy genius and yet he can't get sarcasm just implies she could have a "simple" sense of humor. Of course, it could be just because she likes Howard, too.

Just saying that given Sheldon is a crazy genius and yet he can't get sarcasm just implies she could have a "simple" sense of humor. Of course, it could be just because she likes Howard, too.

Yeah, but with Sheldon, you can still tell he's really smart. With Bernadette, its just a kind of "duhhhhhhhhhhh" :icon_cheesygrin:

I love the character, but I don't love her being in a relationship with Howard. I think his character was more fun when he was "on the prowl" (remember the weird shirt and eyepatch?). I wouldn't have any problem with her staying with the show but I hope she realizes that Howard is definitely NOT someone she wants to be with after his ill-fated attempt to move in with her.

Steve

The Wiki

I like her. She gets some great lines about messing around with/losing vials of ebola virus or whatever. I thought i was good to see the woman with the squeaky voice not be the stupid one in a sitcom for a change. Her early conversations with Leonard about his research showed that she knows her stuff.

Actually I'm not surprised that she comes off as dumb.Most really smart girls learn to hide that part of themselves to both guys and other girls because women generally value fitting in over showing off.

So when they're in school you only know how good their grades are when they get posted by accident ,then in the adult world it's by finding out they're ,for example,also a microbiologist instead of just a waitress at the Cheesecake Factory.

Actually I'm not surprised that she comes off as dumb.Most really smart girls learn to hide that part of themselves to both guys and other girls because women generally value fitting in over showing off.

So when they're in school you only know how good their grades are when they get posted by accident ,then in the adult world it's by finding out they're ,for example,also a microbiologist instead of just a waitress at the Cheesecake Factory.

Hmm, I think you can still be intelligent and not 'show it off'. Plus, there's a difference between toning down your vocabulary and encyclopaedic knowledge and - quite frankly - sounding like an idiot...

True,but I've known some girls who took it that far.But getting back to Bernadette I can't remember her saying anything idiotic she just sometimes seems to be as much in her own world as the other characters .Still ,I like her,because although she is smart she is in touch with reality,and can step back and see the weirdness of their foibles much like Leonard does.

True,but I've known some girls who took it that far.But getting back to Bernadette I can't remember her saying anything idiotic she just sometimes seems to be as much in her own world as the other characters .Still ,I like her,because although she is smart she is in touch with reality,and can step back and see the weirdness of their foibles much like Leonard does.

I agree, Bernadette is in some ways the female equivalent of Leonard. Intelligent and nerdy but not necessarily coming across as so, being as normal as they can and trying to fit in both with the geek group and the 'everyman' group.

BTW on a side note, I saw this the other night but didn't jot down the episode, she has said something to the effect "I know it wasn't that funny but he just lights up when I laugh." so hope that helps with it.

BTW on a side note, I saw this the other night but didn't jot down the episode, she has said something to the effect "I know it wasn't that funny but he just lights up when I laugh." so hope that helps with it.

Yes, in the Gorilla Experiment. Also, elsewhere (Alien Parasite episode) she says something like 'I'm smarter than Howard but I have to take care of his male ego' (and hence she can't let on that she's smarter). :)

See, she does it on purpose, at least as far as Howard is concerned. So ease up on the poor girl!

=P

PS Thanks for the backup, Pomita! I suck at remembering specifics hehe.

i think she is a great character, a nice change in the mix, and i dont think its "ditsy" u can see i think its along the same lines as sheldon not getting sarcasm, plus her character is ment to be cute

everytime she talks its something funny

the part where they were eating ice cream

bernadette said "i think im suppose to say that bitch..but i don't have enough information" LOL

that made me laugh

Bernadette is horrible, if i have recorded the show i fast forward through her parts. Her voice is beyond annoying and she serves no purpose on the show. GET RID OF HER !!!!!!!!!!! she stinks. These kind of horrible characters is whats dragging down the show and the ratings. Wake up people this is the kind of stupid humor that might have worked on Three's Company years ago but my God not in today's television.

Bernadette is horrible, if i have recorded the show i fast forward through her parts. Her voice is beyond annoying and she serves no purpose on the show. GET RID OF HER !!!!!!!!!!! she stinks. These kind of horrible characters is whats dragging down the show and the ratings. Wake up people this is the kind of stupid humor that might have worked on Three's Company years ago but my God not in today's television.

Oppinunated much!! Bernadette is awesome

Isn't that the purpose of a forum you moron, Bernadette most go.

Bernadette is the best! I say we keep her!

Isn't that the purpose of a forum you moron, Bernadette most go.

mmmmmmmmmm not really and thanks for stooping to the level of a 12 year old boy with the "moron" retort, and buy the way if were here to insult learn to spell "most" I think what you where supposed to type was "must", if we are going to regress to adolescents again that is

How do you know I'm a 12 year old boy ? Are you secretly stalking me ? I will call interpol. Sorry for stating the obvious but a forum is a place to exchange views and opinions. Just because you don't like mine isn't a reason to condemn it. Speaking of spelling, while mine may have been the result of pressing the wrong key your spelling of opinionated is a right cock-up. Death to Bernadette. :icon_twisted: