The Big Bang Theory Forums
Sign in to follow this  
Tripper

4.19 The Zarnecki Incursion (Mar. 31)

So, guys and girls, wasn't it an awesome episode? 'was worth it just to see Penny kick Zarnecki in the nutzi! ^_^

And Priya is one b****, not understanding her awesome boyfriend, isn't she? Good thing Penny's there for him! I'm thinking that little moment in the car (''doesn't matter if she gets her as long as she's pretty''), that was some of the sweetest sarcasm ever heard! 'cause, you know, SHE gets it! AND she's pretty! lol ^_^

So, yeah, awesome kicking in the nuts, awesome Lenny moment in the car, awesome geekiness, Sheldon is still crazy (calling the cops? And why did the FBI hanged up on him? We'd had seen Eliza Dushku again! LOL), and even the whole Warcraft references were somewhat accurate! :)

It was a thoroughly fun episode. Healthy laughs throughout, but I have to say that Raj and Amy totally owned it. They had the best lines and the best performances - 'here's the alcohol and drug peer pressure' and that goofy move she does with 'because I do that now' had me literally rolling. And of course 'bros before.. my sister' and the 'white devil' comment. :D

I loved the 'quest music' bonding moment in the car. So it took a WoW hacking to get our group united again. :)

And much as I don't really enjoy the Priya storyline, I think the last one minute of the show did a very interesting job of portraying awkwardness between two people.

Yeah that was cool! Haha Sheldon and his hacked account loved it :D It was as funny, as I thought :D

And Amy was so hilarious :D Bernadette was cute. Was cool to see just the guys together as Sheldon calls them to find his hacker. And I loved the scene at Howard`s as the guys where sitting on the couch watching wheel of fortune and Howard always yelled to his mother with the letters and she always knew which word they where looking for in that TV show :D And here comes the best: The guys got stucked in the traffic and Leonard called Penny to rescue them yeah Penny rocked it! And then how Penny went back to the house of the hacker and kicked him *haha* :D

Priya was boring in this episode but whatever I don`t really like her anymore (at the beginning it was funny as she first came around but now it just sucks)

But the end was so funny with Penny and Priya walking upstairs without really talking to each other :D

I think Leonard has went up 50+ points in my book. He ignored the clearly attractive and willing woman for WoW. There's the Leonard from season 1! I missed him! :D

Great geeky episode. Excellent idea. reminded me of when Sheldon previously went into hysterics with the cops, listing all the games he had nicked on him. Would have been interesting to see Sheldon getting all Klingon on someone's ass but unfortunately it was not to be. Great line from Penny before she rattled the guy's nuts. And then Sheldon "WE DID IT.....I said "we"." Very funny . One of my favourites this season.

One portent of Doom, though. Penny has all of a sudden started getting bitchy about Priya means, I fear, a couple of boring rom-com episodes in the near future; so guys, get those screencap buttons working because it looks like Priya wont be around much longer before the inevitable (last episode of the series , complete with married-with-children style hollering from the audience) reconciliation of Leonard and Penny.

I think Leonard has went up 50+ points in my book. He ignored the clearly attractive and willing woman for WoW. There's the Leonard from season 1! I missed him! :D

Right! This was one of Leonard's nicest turns, in this season. Totally into the group and the geekery, and I loved to see him so happy and enthusiastic (for once) during the 'quest music' scene.

Was an ok episode... trying not to be too anal and think about the inaccuracies regarding WoW, but finding it hard :p Funny reaction to his account being stolen though lol

While I'm starting to like Amy more, I feel like the producers brought Amy into the picture to be a replacement Sheldon friend for Penny. I think they wanted to discourage the Shenny shippers this season. That's fine: discourage a romantic relationship between Sheldon and Penny; however, I miss those two interacting - their comedic chemistry. I miss the singing sea shanties together, the prank wars, the dirty looks, the reluctant seeking of each other's advice.

And while this episode had the boys working together (on something geeky), I didn't laugh the entire time. I did smile at Sheldon's reminder to Leonard to call Raj after his pilates class.

It just feels like season 4 is all about the non-main cast. And it's non-main characters, like Zack, who have stolen the season for me.

Top episode so far this season, no contest, but still weaker than most of Season 1 or 2. I was really hoping that Wil Wheaton had hacked Sheldon's game account....

And, I am really wanting to see the guys in some extended comic shop scenes. I mean, KNOW Lonely Larry and Captain Sweatpants - I think we all do....

Keep the nerdliness and geekery flowing, writer-guys!

I can pin point why I was a bit disappointed with this episode, having rewatched it. It seems to poke fun at us geeks this time round, rather than be for us to relate to. Just my perception.

Example is when Sheldon says "3000 hours, clicking on that mouse, collecting weapons and gold; it's almost as if it was a huge waste of time." Cue audience laughter... because you know, gaming IS a huge waste of time. Nurse my sides!

Guest crankorgan

The music they played in the car was also used in the movie Apocalypse Now the name is "Flight of the Valkyries" Did anybody notice when the cop was leaving and outside the door his line got edited? I am 59 but love the show!

Sheldon and his hacked account! xD That was priceless! I was laughing so hard when I found out he called the police and the FBI to report his stolen "bunch of imaginary crap that’s useful in a make-believe place" as Penny puts it. :D That, and when Sheldon understood sarcasm for the first time in his life! Leonard did not detect it at all! Talk about role reversal!

Was an ok episode... trying not to be too anal and think about the inaccuracies regarding WoW, but finding it hard :p Funny reaction to his account being stolen though lol

I think not being a gaming geek myself, and knowing nothing about WoW beyond what I get from BBT, helped me to thoroughly enjoy this episode. :)

I'm a bit disappointed though to tell you the truth, just like Destyre. I mean.. I don't mind them making a story about any game tbh, but I mean if they're going to, then they should at least get their facts straight about the game before making it. I mean sure it's all just for laughs but still.. I couldn't help it. I mean if "Sheldon" spent 3,000 hours playing WoW, and has an 85 "Hero of the Eastern Kingdoms" then I'm pretty sure noone could "steal" his account because all level 85 items that are worth anything at all are BoP or BoE (Binds on Pick-up or Binds on Equip) and about the "Viscious armor" that's ALWAYS BoP and there's no way that anyone can steal it, and the funniest thing is that Raj has a girl account, and he keeps dropping his sword to pick it up.. which isn't possible to do in WoW... I'm sorry I just tried to not be too anal but I couldn't so I just had to post this :p. And yes ... again just like Destyre wrote... instead of it being something we can relate to, it's more of a mockery of the game or people who play it.

Now about the episode as a whole.. well... this was a pretty good episode.. probably one of the best of this season. The way the episode starts with Leonard going home to find a cop there and Sheldon complaining about being robbed, when obviously the house looks fine.. until he finds out that it was his WoW account that got hacked. Leonard DOES seem like he's back like his old self (which is really awesome). Also I liked how Penny tries to point out how she's better than Priya because she knows about the "Geeky" stuff that their group is interested with, yet she's the one that's being singled out, and what she tells Zarnecki before she "touches him in that special place" and how Sheldon's face is filled with happiness and says "WE DID IT"...."what... I said we..?"

So to sum up.. the episode was pretty great, if we overlook everything about the actual game content in it.

I'm a bit disappointed though to tell you the truth, just like Destyre. I mean.. I don't mind them making a story about any game tbh, but I mean if they're going to, then they should at least get their facts straight about the game before making it. I mean sure it's all just for laughs but still.. I couldn't help it. I mean if "Sheldon" spent 3,000 hours playing WoW, and has an 85 "Hero of the Eastern Kingdoms" then I'm pretty sure noone could "steal" his account because all level 85 items that are worth anything at all are BoP or BoE (Binds on Pick-up or Binds on Equip) and about the "Viscious armor" that's ALWAYS BoP and there's no way that anyone can steal it, and the funniest thing is that Raj has a girl account, and he keeps dropping his sword to pick it up.. which isn't possible to do in WoW... I'm sorry I just tried to not be too anal but I couldn't so I just had to post this :p. And yes ... again just like Destyre wrote... instead of it being something we can relate to, it's more of a mockery of the game or people who play it.

Now about the episode as a whole.. well... this was a pretty good episode.. probably one of the best of this season. The way the episode starts with Leonard going home to find a cop there and Sheldon complaining about being robbed, when obviously the house looks fine.. until he finds out that it was his WoW account that got hacked. Leonard DOES seem like he's back like his old self (which is really awesome). Also I liked how Penny tries to point out how she's better than Priya because she knows about the "Geeky" stuff that their group is interested with, yet she's the one that's being singled out, and what she tells Zarnecki before she "touches him in that special place" and how Sheldon's face is filled with happiness and says "WE DID IT"...."what... I said we..?"

So to sum up.. the episode was pretty great, if we overlook everything about the actual game content in it.

Yeah that's right about the pvp armours. I stopped playing a while back but I remember that anything like that is only useful for your character to use. You can't sell it, can't trade it, you can't even vendor it or disenchant it. It's either use it, have it in your inventory doing nothing, or delete it. I also noticed the bit with the sword and Raj bending down to pick it up... I get the comedic value of that, but it's not possible to do in the game, as Prongs said. Just goes to show you that this show is veering away from being FOR geeks to ABOUT geeks and their quirky little world which we can all laugh at.

Hmm, if I recall, you CAN actually sell it. Not in the Auction House, but to any NPC vendors. But then, I might be wrong about that.

As for the sword-picking, it is possible too! Unless it's in Guild Wars? I don't recall, maybe it's even in both, but anyway, you just have to type:

/e dropped her sword.

/e is bending over to take it back.

Like I said, I don't recall if this ''/e'' function is in WoW only, GW only, or in both of them... The price of having played 2 MMORPG, I guess! ^_^ Still, if that function is in WoW, then yeah, Raj can do that! ^_^

EDIT: Actually, I just came back from my WoW account and tried the ''/e'' command, and it works. So, yeah, there is no mistakes about Raj making his character drop her sword! ;)

Hmm, if I recall, you CAN actually sell it. Not in the Auction House, but to any NPC vendors. But then, I might be wrong about that.

As for the sword-picking, it is possible too! Unless it's in Guild Wars? I don't recall, maybe it's even in both, but anyway, you just have to type:

/e dropped her sword.

/e is bending over to take it back.

Like I said, I don't recall if this ''/e'' function is in WoW only, GW only, or in both of them... The price of having played 2 MMORPG, I guess! ^_^ Still, if that function is in WoW, then yeah, Raj can do that! ^_^

EDIT: Actually, I just came back from my WoW account and tried the ''/e'' command, and it works. So, yeah, there is no mistakes about Raj making his character drop her sword! ;)

Well if it's an emote sure, but that's only a roleplaying thing. I guess you could pass that one off though, you're right. Good job :p Still that doesn't explain his soulbound epics being "stolen"

You know, I just rewatched the episode, and I find it really good, mostly about the whole non-said elements in it! Like how Priya, as pretty as she might be, doesn't really ''get'' the nerd/geek world while Penny, thought not being ''one of us'', totally get it and is willing to be part of it! It's like the sweetest thing ever, you see it can't really work out with Raj's sister, but with the girl next door it totally can!

Just wanted to say that, 'cause, like I said, I just rewatched the episode and was impressed by Penny scoring a ''nerd point'' in here! 'doesn't beat the Star Trek refence in ''The Dead Hooker Juxtaposition'', but still a good nerd point for her! :)

@Irvine: Penny's addiction with Age Of Conan obviously paid off. I totally loved this episode.

The moment WoW gets mentioned on a tv show, generally hooks me.

The Age Of Conan ep of TBBT was the first ep I ever saw. I got hooked on South Park in a similar way after seeing the Make Love Not WarCraft episode.

Starting to see a pattern?? lolz

This made me laugh.

tumblr_lj1dznYE0n1qcrzkko1_500.gif

is it weird that for some reason i see this gif i can actually hear penny's voice?!?! :icon_eek::icon_eek::icon_eek::icon_eek::icon_eek::icon_eek: