What do you think of Priya?  

24 members have voted

1. 1. What do you think of Priya?

• I like her!
    • I don't like her
    • Don't know
    • I like Penny ;-)

What do you guys think of Priya?

I think she is not very sparkling... and I think she is trying to change Leonard to much, I don't think this relationship will last for long. She is more like a tight businesswoman. (She is a lawyer... well then it makes sense ;))

I am ambivalent. I think she is fine for the story line they are telling but other than that..meh.

I argee!!

Basically, this is a comedy and she is not funny. She is just another rom-com element, probably there to show her effect on Penny rather that any contribution she might make herself.

So you think they use Priya to show the viewer that Penny is more fun and that Penny still has feelings for Leonard? I think you are right! :)

I hate her. She has a negative effect on all of the other characters and I really hope she is not a permanent new cast member. She is only used to bring another character down in a scene and cause a problem, Raj, Penny, Sheldon, Leonard, they are all victims of her character! lol, how toxic can a guest be?!

As SmegHead says, I hope she is only here for a few episodes to remind us how great the regular cast are.

Boo Priya!! You suck!

Priya is a contrast to the one dimensional blonde bimbo known as Penny. Hot and hilarious - her physical comedy is a throwback to the Carol Burnett days.

Leonard is clearly in love and with an intellectual equivalent who will help him grow as a character. Either way, dont you think Penny is putting on some weight? Not as hot as she used to be. Priya on the other hand...Watch the rating explode if they bring her on as a regular. Finally, someone who can play on Leonards level.

• 1 month later...

I thought it would be funny, but now she is just becoming extremely annoying, she is turning into a monster girlfriend and I just keep hoping Leonard will dump her.

Penny was likeable and understood Leonard's weird side, Priya is just trying to change him. I would love to see her go and never return.

I liked Priya very much at first, but the moment she got serious with Leonard I felt like it was a big change in the show. Mainly because she is keeping Penny away from the group.

I do think that they will let Penny become closer with the group again in the next season. Basicly because she starts to notice that she misses hanging out with the guys, and the fact that she got along with Priya in the latest episode. I think Priya will allow Leonard to see Penny again and that would change the show back again to what it was, even with Priya still there.

Oops...I think I voted too quickly. I chose "I don't like her," but now that I think about it, she's a pretty good girlfriend. Unlike Penny, she alway complements Leonard's appearance, gets him to loosen up, makes him feel good about himself, and she even stood up to Sheldon once to help him. She didn't even have to warm up to him, she knew from the minute she landed in LA that he was the one. She really appreciates him for who he is. Aww, I'm so happy for Leonard, I might cry.

I can see her letting Penny back into their group in the next season.

I don't like Priya at all. She just dosen't fit in with the guys. Send her back to India. I thought she was just here for a little while anyways, if she's staying why does she continue to live with her brother. Also if she's suppose to be this big, smart lawyer then why is she so afraid of her parents finding out about Leonard. I know it's a different culture but come on.

Then again, she also kind of belittled him when he was playing some nerdy game (I forget) with the guys. Young boy in a man's body? Plus, even though she does have a point in being wary of Penny, telling him he can't hang around her is a big no-no for me. Leonard tried to pull the same stunt, and it was just as bad then. Leonard around Penny didn't have to hide the nerdiness, but when he dates Priya, he has to lie about where he's been because he and the guys are on an epic quest with Sheldon. Penny might've cracked a joke or two or rolled her eyes, but she would've understood.

Then again, she also kind of belittled him when he was playing some nerdy game (I forget) with the guys. Young boy in a man's body? Plus, even though she does have a point in being wary of Penny, telling him he can't hang around her is a big no-no for me. Leonard tried to pull the same stunt, and it was just as bad then. Leonard around Penny didn't have to hide the nerdiness, but when he dates Priya, he has to lie about where he's been because he and the guys are on an epic quest with Sheldon. Penny might've cracked a joke or two or rolled her eyes, but she would've understood.

Penny actually helped Sheldon get his things back lol

Penny always belittles Leonard, even now. Like when Priya bought Leonard new clothes, Penny quipped about him buying most of his outfits from the little boy's section. Plus it's not to make him feel bad, it's just that she's not a nerdy person herself.

It's not as though Priya would dump him if she found out he was at a LAN party, he just tries to refrain from sounding nerdy. He did the same with Penny early in their relationship. He just does that to keep Priya around and sound less pathetic and more worthy of her.

Penny teases Leonard, but Priya seems really mean about it, she does it to change him and to push him around (can't hang around Penny, can't play his games with the guys, can't wear what he likes, can't even be a nerd). As long as he has to try that hard to be worthy of her, in addition to being all kinds of unhealthy, it's just not fun to watch. When Priya was in the show earlier, it used to be fun, now I just wait to get to the parts without her. And I do love the show, but it's getting harder to watch, it's not really a comedy when she's around anymore.

• 1 year later...

I only liked her in the first episode she appeared but that was it. It just bothered me that she kinda tried to change Leonard by giving him contacts (What was the problem with his glasses I don`t get it) (Ok the only funny contacts scene was were he bumped into some people at the university cafeteria ´cause he couldn`t see them very well)

And also his clothes she tried to replace with others. I love his nerd shirts. I mean a suit is okay when you go out or on a wedding or something ceremonial like it.

And she didn`t really wanna join the nerdvana team and I didn`t have the feeling that she even accept it that Leonard is a nerd and he will stay one.

And I understand that Sheldon didn`t like her either.

I`m glad she went back to India and she has to stay there forever. Sorry but I don´t want her to come back. There´s no reason for this. She´s been on the show for too long IMO. No thanks every other female who has been on the show before her was way better (Leslie Winkle for example I loved her! She was great! and also that Alice was a cool girl! Liked her!)

Guest I'm not dead Cheryl

I liked her, but just as what she was. A plot device.

When it comes to Leonard's ex girlfriends though, I still cannot get over Stephanie. I loved her with all my soul. I MISS HER!! I WANT HER BAAACKKKKK! :icon_eek: