Sign in to follow this  
Tripper

4.21 The Agreement Dissection (Apr. 28)

The writers were so focused on having Sheldon win the battle over Priya that they forgot what effect would it have on Leonard.......the writers betrayed the morality of the characters

I know that Sheldon is the reason the show is successful but I would not like any show where a main protagonist is so cruel and selfish

Finally , IMO the final scene was despicable and very ruthless on Leonard 

Totally true.  Sheldon has called Leonard his 'best friend' many times yet that was ruthlessly selfish behavior.

However, the show has had at least one other moment where one of them went too far: Leonard keeping up the lie about Sheldon's research at the North Pole.  That was a very cruel thing to do.  Even if he'd just told him on the plane or something would have redeemed him somewhat - but this is Sheldon's work, his life's goal, and Leonard let him think he'd solved the big mystery? All the way until he got home and was ready to present his findings to all his peers?  Way over the line.  I thought Leonard was a real asshole in that episode (plus he isn't even mildly remorseful and is interested only in being with Penny).  

If they think it's funny, they'll write it, even if it feels off with who the characters are in our minds.  IMO.

Totally true.  Sheldon has called Leonard his 'best friend' many times yet that was ruthlessly selfish behavior.

However, the show has had at least one other moment where one of them went too far: Leonard keeping up the lie about Sheldon's research at the North Pole.  That was a very cruel thing to do.  Even if he'd just told him on the plane or something would have redeemed him somewhat - but this is Sheldon's work, his life's goal, and Leonard let him think he'd solved the big mystery? All the way until he got home and was ready to present his findings to all his peers?  Way over the line.  I thought Leonard was a real asshole in that episode (plus he isn't even mildly remorseful and is interested only in being with Penny).  

If they think it's funny, they'll write it, even if it feels off with who the characters are in our minds.  IMO.

Portraying Sheldon as an  egoist , self-centered person is ok ( well its the best)...but having him as a mean , spiteful person is just wrong...because he should not be a bad guy at heart.

The one thing I thought which was better in the electric can episode(still it was bad) was that we were shown Sheldon was suffering , and Penny consoling Sheldon drawing sympathy for his character...and there was a lot of story after that revelation......but in this episode we are asked to cheer for Sheldon... as that ending was the conclusion....

Edited by vasu

What I liked the most from this episode was the way Sheldon dealt with Priya at the end.  He shut her down completely, something that he has never been able to do to Penny.

Edited by Oldnavy
  • Like 1

I'm watching the original Star Trek series for the first time and I finally watched the episode "Let that be your last battlefield". I kept thinking of this episode. That was fun. :)

• Like 1

New to the big bang theory. Fan for a month but did pop in and out of the show for the last year. This is my favourite shamy episode .

1. Sheldon went out with the girls and seem to have fun

2. Amy got drunk and came on to Sheldon more

3. The girls got sheldon to dance, but only danced with Amy

4. SMOKING monkey

5. Shamys first kiss and sheldon eyes closed and his reply after

6. SHELDON winninh is fight over the roommate agreement with the star trek countdown

7. Amy hungover and Sheldon telling her they kissed (I think in latter episodes she remembers but must not told the girls as the train kiss was first thing she told penny on her return)

Big shamy fan .

This is a season when jim parsons looked really skinny , season 5 is not my favourite because sheldon(jim) looks to manly and the tshirts are not suited to that body type. Like skinny sheldon as from watching the show sheldon does eat slower than the others and gets aches when he eats too much!

• Like 3

3. The girls got sheldon to dance, but only danced with Amy

Welcome SCFAN! I love this part about the episode. Overall a very good episode in my opinion! :)

• Like 1

Might have to twitter Bill Prady for this one, or ask at the next Comic Con.

i was just replaying that part like a good 100 times and i couldn't make out ONE single word...the song is too ambient

Has anyone found out the name of the song in the club? I can only fish out some lyrics "sit tight.. realize enough to say.. fly away.."

@josh: nope, still a tricky one given the laughter and actor's lines make it nearly impossible to make out what the song lyrics are.

I googled the words you've fished out, and the only song that came up was Tracey Chapman's "Fast Car".. but it ain't that song playing in the scene.

The male singer in this song has a very distinctive voice. This song does sound like it is from Orson. But it ain't from them. I have played almost hundreds of songs from iTunes today but no luck. I won't give up though. I really like the sound of this track.

Might have to twitter Bill Prady for this one, or ask at the next Comic Con.

Sorry to bring this old thread back up, but I was watching this episode again, and I was wondering if anybody has found the song?

I love how, during their morning after Skype, Amy says "SHELDON!" forcefully, and Sheldon immediately complies.

Even this early on, Sheldon acquiesced to Amy's requests/demands, far easier than he did to the others.

• Like 3

21 minutes ago, Stephen Hawking said:

If Leonard wanted privacy, for his shower sex with Priya, he could've just locked the bathroom door.

No he couldn't.  Sheldon either has some sort of stupid rule against it in the RA, or he would just pick the lock. 

• Like 1

On 9/13/2016 at 10:05 PM, Tensor said:

or he would just pick the lock. 

It doesn't look liked they have a lock, as in a proper lock.

More like an internal bolt.

The vast majority of the internal doors in the us, have a doorknob which has a relatively simple lock mechanism within it.  Sheldonis rather sleazy in this respect, picking locks and showing an expertise for breaking and entering.  Not to mention his penchant for walking in on others in bathrooms with closed doors. 

• Like 1