The Big Bang Theory Forums
Sign in to follow this  
Tripper

4.21 The Agreement Dissection (Apr. 28)

and who knows, maybe Sheldon finally read the book that they got for him

in that episode where Leonard slept with the old lady

Penny kept saying "read the book we got for you"

I'd be surprised if he didn't. He always seems keen and ready to imbibe new information about anything.

And he probably said 'fascinating' afterwards. :)

All right, I'm ripping my hair out trying to figure this out. On this episode on the scene when everyone was at the bar, what was the second song they played in the background when everyone was drunk and bernadette was falling off her seat?

The episode The Agreement Dissection Aired May 30, 2011 on Cghannel 9 mELBOURNE aUSTRLIA WAS A big disappointent. I would have thought using a monkey smoking as a joke was not at all funny and I felt that the writers of Big Bang were better than this. I will be looking for a new series if this is what to expect in the future. NOT COOL !

All right, I'm ripping my hair out trying to figure this out. On this episode on the scene when everyone was at the bar, what was the second song they played in the background when everyone was drunk and bernadette was falling off her seat?

Give me a couple of days googling/re watching the episode and I'll get back to you on this.

@bigsexypanda: Ok after an extensive google session today and a re-watch of the episode, I am afraid I come before you empty handed.

The background audio on the episode is too hard to make out over the dialogue. When there is a break in dialogue, the audience laughter kicks in. Just too hard to accurately make out any lyrics or pick up a set beat for the songs, sry.

Google came up blank too.

We need one of those big, bad-ass computers like they use in the new Miami Vice series. Yeah.. that way we could split the sound files, cut out the dialogue and find out who the murderer was !! lol Yeah a big-ass Miami Vice computer... that'll do it :)

Ah thanks for the effort. I was hoping someone on here had heard the song before and wouuld recognize it. I could easily hear the rhythm and melody, but yeah just like you said the lyrics are hard to make out. Maybe I'll hear it on the radio one of these days.

If you can get at least 3 or 4 words of the lyrics, usually just googling those words and adding "+song" to the search will find it.

I just couldn't get anything from the audio that might help.

im usually good at searching for these things...but too bad im at work and im gonna be busy this weekend..if no one finds out by the time im free..i'll help you look

See if you have any luck, Simon. It's quite difficult to make out any lyric in the scene. I'm gonna have another try over my days off work.

i was just replaying that part like a good 100 times and i couldn't make out ONE single word...the song is too ambient

Has anyone found out the name of the song in the club? I can only fish out some lyrics "sit tight.. realize enough to say.. fly away.."

@josh: nope, still a tricky one given the laughter and actor's lines make it nearly impossible to make out what the song lyrics are.

I googled the words you've fished out, and the only song that came up was Tracey Chapman's "Fast Car".. but it ain't that song playing in the scene.

The male singer in this song has a very distinctive voice. This song does sound like it is from Orson. But it ain't from them. I have played almost hundreds of songs from iTunes today but no luck. I won't give up though. I really like the sound of this track.

I love this episode and considering Sheldon has said that he does not like dancing he is very good at it and the 2nd episode where we see him dancing, if you can call it dancing in episode 3 of season 1

I just love the look on Sheldons face after Amy has kissed him

I agree this is a brilliant episode; it has everything; the duel between Pryia/Sheldon & he can't believe he's been bested, Bernadette telling S what a gentlemen must do, the taxicab moment with Amy singing 'I kissed a girl' & Sheldon saying 'who are you?' & the hilarious dancing & finally the oh so sweet kiss. And the fact that Sheldon is not repulsed or rinses with mouthwash. This and the episode where Amy goes on a date with Sheldon are my two faves.

Its interesting how Sheldon was questioned on how he changed to a different restuarant without going by the roomate agreement yet in a previous episode Leonard went and got something from a different restuarant causing Sheldon to question Leonard about it

Guest I'm not dead Cheryl

Its interesting how Sheldon was questioned on how he changed to a different restuarant without going by the roomate agreement yet in a previous episode Leonard went and got something from a different restuarant causing Sheldon to question Leonard about it

well.... paraphrasing Amy in the Weekend Vortex "he uses the Roomate Agreement to get his way" .. she said it regarding The Relatioship Agreement, but I think it also applies.

I found this episode as fascinating as Sheldon found Amy's kiss

IMO this episode showed what exactly is wrong with The Big Bang Theory

It was really an excellent episode until the last moments....  Priya was set up as likable,sweet person in the opening scenes... as she was happy with Sheldon peeing...she helps her boyfriend by disarming the Roommate agreement in a friendly way....an act which even Penny has not done till now...as she always has been more affectionate towards Sheldon than Leonard when is comes to an argument involving both L\S..... the writers basically love to shower Sheldon with Penny's sympathy and showed Leonard with her anger  

Ok , so all that leads to Sheldon going to girls night... Sheldon in new situations is always a great fodder for comedy as he is the one who is reacting to others actions.... when others react to Sheldon's actions he comes across as annoying and the jokes are always the same(that he is crazy)......but here he is much more funnier and not even a little bit annoying

and the Amy Sheldon stuff in her apartment was pretty good... his reaction to her kiss... showing us little hints of where this relationship would go.... the smoking monkey joke was an over-the -top and lame joke...this episode was too good for such a lame joke

Now comes the ending scene... where Sheldon delivers the final blow by telling Priya that she may have studied at cambridge but he studied at Starfleet Academy....and  the audience cheer as he marches off to his room feeling triumphant

So what is wrong with this ??????????

--- Sheldon isn't the hero of the story......he is the selfish guy who would rather ruin someone else's (in this case his best friend's) relationship rather than live with a few inconveniences.....he clearly admits to Leonard that  his own happiness is more than important than anything else........he essentially tries to ruin Leonard's relationship so he could eat and pee what and when he likes with a MEAN, COWARDLY , SELFISH, CRUEL ACT......Basically it was the act of a BAD GUY

the tone of the entire story was wrong......because the fact that Leonard is the suffering hero in this story in completely forgotten by the writers....just try to imagine if this episode focused on Leonard and not Sheldon , where he , Priya along with Howard and Raj go to a club or something and spend a happy night together and then had to wake up to Sheldon's evil scheme.....

The writers were so focused on having Sheldon win the battle over Priya that they forgot what effect would it have on Leonard.......the writers betrayed the morality of the characters

I know that Sheldon is the reason the show is successful but I would not like any show where a main protagonist is so cruel and selfish

Finally , IMO the final scene was despicable and very ruthless on Leonard 

Edited by vasu
  • Like 3

I found this episode as fascinating as Sheldon found Amy's kiss

IMO this episode showed what exactly is wrong with The Big Bang Theory

It was really an excellent episode until the last moments....  Priya was set up as likable,sweet person in the opening scenes... as she was happy with Sheldon peeing...she helps her boyfriend by disarming the Roommate agreement in a friendly way....an act which even Penny has not done till now...as she always has been more affectionate towards Sheldon than Leonard when is comes to an argument involving both L\S..... the writers basically love to shower Sheldon with Penny's sympathy and showed Leonard with her anger  

Ok , so all that leads to Sheldon going to girls night... Sheldon in new situations is always a great fodder for comedy as he is the one who is reacting to others actions.... when others react to Sheldon's actions he comes across as annoying and the jokes are always the same(that he is crazy)......but here he is much more funnier and not even a little bit annoying

and the Amy Sheldon stuff in her apartment was pretty good... his reaction to her kiss... showing us little hints of where this relationship would go.... the smoking monkey joke was an over-the -top and lame joke...this episode was too good for such a lame joke

Now comes the ending scene... where Sheldon delivers the final blow by telling Priya that she may have studied at cambridge but he studied at Starfleet Academy....and  the audience cheer as he marches off to his room feeling triumphant

So what is wrong with this ??????????

--- Sheldon isn't the hero of the story......he is sooooooo selfish that he would rather ruin someone else's (in this case his best friend's) relationship rather than live with a few inconveniences.....he clearly admits to Leonard that  his own happiness is more than important thatn anything else........he essentially tries to ruin Leonard's relationship so he could eat and pee what and when he likes with a MEAN, COWARDLY , SELFISH, CRUEL ACT......Basically it was the act of a BAD GUY

the tone of the entire story was wrong......because the fact that Leonard is the suffering hero in this story in completely forgotten by the writers....just try to imagine if this episode focused on Leonard and not Sheldon , where he , Priya along with Howard and Raj go to a club or something and spend a happy night together and then had to wake up to Sheldon's evil scheme.....

The writers were so focused on having Sheldon win the battle over Priya that they forgot what effect would it have on Leonard.......the writers betrayed the morality of the characters

I know that Sheldon is the reason the show is successful but I would not like any show where a main protagonist is so cruel and selfish

Finally , IMO the final scene was despicable and very ruthless on Leonard 

with one act of pure cruelty sheldon brought shame and dishonor to starfleet academy. :icon_evil:

and showed himself to be nothing more than leonerds asshole room mate.

sheldon stopped being funny for me at this point.

sheldon is nobodys friend!

Hello guys,

we have a big problem with translation, can you help us? Problem is, that we don't know how to translate Leonard's "Not as much as you."

Does it means: "Not as much as *I hate* you" or "Not as much as you *hate greek food*"?

Some of us thinks its ambiguity, but I don't know. What translate is better? Because in our language is impossible to use both of them. :(

I believe it's the second one, 'not as much as you hate Greek food.' I didn't even think about the first one until you mentioned it.

I believe it's the second one, 'not as much as you hate Greek food.' I didn't even think about the first one until you mentioned it.

I agree.