Shenny...will never, ever happen.

Sorry but it won't.

Penny can stand the occasional dig by Sheldon but won't put up with it for long (before either leaving the room or doing something physically threatening to make him shut up).

Sheldon cannot help point out her short coming...constantly...in every possible aspect. Why? Because he's Sheldon. And since she's Penny, he has a lot of material to work with (at least, from his POV).

Now, Penny might not have a lot of self esteem but no way could she put up with Sheldon's constant criticism. Being friends, it's acceptable as "banter". Especially since the circle of friends they belong to are constantly doing it to each other. It's expected. However, if it were to take a romantic turn, there's no way Penny would put up with it...and no way Sheldon could stop himself...and no way would we want it any other way.

Then there is the physicality of the relationship. Penny is a wild woman who has experienced the wilder sides of life and appreciates them.

Then there is Sheldon who will only give a brushing hug to Penny EVEN after she gives him Spock's autograph AND DNA. I just don't see a sexual encounter happening that would make Penny put up with everything else. Sheldon, on the other hand, would see the face of God after Penny got done with him lol. However, sex isn't a one way street.

So, as quirky and entertaining as they are as friends, they'd be a train wreck of puppies and kittens as a couple.

DEAL!

I so agree. With due respect to the shippers, and yes, it is all fiction so it can be imagined going any which way; but knowing Penny and Sheldon as they are, how can anyone even seriously think of a 'romantic' pairing here?

I so agree. With due respect to the shippers, and yes, it is all fiction so it can be imagined going any which way; but knowing Penny and Sheldon as they are, how can anyone even seriously think of a 'romantic' pairing here?

Well, it's never intended. Not all of us crazy shippers just arbitrarily decide that we want to ship Shenny for the sake of it. Sometimes we are just drawn in by the initial chemistry - romantic or not. I have no delusions that there will be a Shenny romance on the show, but I enjoy the "idea". I like imagining the possibilities, and I don't need to have it realised because that's what fanfiction is for.

Even Kaley Cuoco is against a Shenny relationship. She said repeatedly that this will only happen in a nightmare sequence but never ever in reality. And I totally agree with her. Sheldon has a sperm phobia which sais he refuses handshaking (but it happend in the episode where this Christy came around you know Pennys friend from Omaha) or every other physical contact (okay he hugged Penny twice but the second time he did this he became ill and the first time he was so greatful for this autograph from Leonard Nimoy) So Penny and Sheldon will stay friends and neighbours and thats it.

Sheldon belongs to Amy who is the best "girlfriend" for him they´re chosen by science. You know: They´re both scientists and they have a lot in common.

@Incognito: Your sig is really cute! And I agree that fanfictions are god for Shenny fictions ;-)

Well, it's never intended. Not all of us crazy shippers just arbitrarily decide that we want to ship Shenny for the sake of it. Sometimes we are just drawn in by the initial chemistry - romantic or not. I have no delusions that there will be a Shenny romance on the show, but I enjoy the "idea". I like imagining the possibilities, and I don't need to have it realised because that's what fanfiction is for.

I partly get where that's coming from, since I so love the Sheldon/Penny scenes myself - comedy gold, and the Jim/Kaley friendship adds such a subliminal sweetness to the annoyed banter! I wish there were more of them this season, I'm missing them a bit, though I do adore Penny/Amy and Sheldon/Amy too.

Funnily, I even like reading the Shenny fan-fiction.. interesting to see how far people's imagination can go. :) Some of them even manage to do it while staying uncannily in-character, which takes real talent on the part of the writers, I guess. I'm remembering a specific one I found quite impressive, called 'Paladin Protocol'.

@Incognito: Your sig is really cute! And I agree that fanfictions are god for Shenny fictions ;-)

Thank you. I like to make my own Shenny Puffs. :D

Funnily, I even like reading the Shenny fan-fiction.. interesting to see how far people's imagination can go. :) Some of them even manage to do it while staying uncannily in-character, which takes real talent on the part of the writers, I guess. I'm remembering a specific one I found quite impressive, called 'Paladin Protocol'.

Ah, yes, I've read that story before, and that author has her own views of Shenny, which you probably wouldn't agree with. Hehe. But, she's fantastic when it comes to Sheldon and Penny and cosplay. :D

I'm participating in the Big Bang Big Bang challenge on LJ, which is basically where participants have to write at least 15K within a certain time frame. Each author gets an artist to create art for his or her story, as well as other aspects, such as creating paylists, assigning betas, etc. My BBBB fic is going to primarily feature Penny and Sheldon (and Raj), but there will be no romance. It's a dark post-apoc - although, there will be no zombies. :p

Ah, yes, I've read that story before, and that author has her own views of Shenny, which you probably wouldn't agree with. Hehe. But, she's fantastic when it comes to Sheldon and Penny and cosplay. :D

I'm participating in the Big Bang Big Bang challenge on LJ, which is basically where participants have to write at least 15K within a certain time frame. Each author gets an artist to create art for his or her story, as well as other aspects, such as creating paylists, assigning betas, etc. My BBBB fic is going to primarily feature Penny and Sheldon (and Raj), but there will be no romance. It's a dark post-apoc - although, there will be no zombies. :p

Sounds good, a Sheldon/Penny/Raj combination would be cool. The characters have a great chemistry. All the best for your story. :)

Shenny would be an awkward couple. They're fine just being ... um, friends? I personally think that if anything romantic was to happen between them, it would ruin the show. With that being said, I think that most of them having relationships takes the geeky humour out of it. The show was great when they were all nerds fantasizing about having girlfriends and going barhopping for different girls only for it to end up not happening.

As much as I love Sheldon and Penny, I would never agree to them being in a relationship.

Anyway, I agree with Incognito; if anyone wants to see some kind of relationship, that's what fanfictions are for ;D

The creation of the Shenny would result in one of the more humourous pairings in the show to die a horrible horrible death.

Leave well enough alone.. pls Mr Lorre... we beg you ><

nick