The Big Bang Theory Forums
Sign in to follow this  
simonsayz

Amy Farrah Fowler

I think she's funny

yes she is like the female version of Sheldon, but the difference is that she is "trying" to fit in and become normal

Sheldon have friends, Amy said herself she never had any friends

so her only friends are the crew

so you can't blame her for trying to fit in plus she does a good job with those awkwardness

when she strikes a pose for leonard LMAO

I'm beginning to like her more and more. She is so funny! :D Just as you said, she's really trying to fit in and act 'normal' xD

Especially in episode 21 The Agreement Dissection. I hope they let her character stay in the show for a while. ^_^

i figured why people didn't like her at first but thats because the character needs to be build and get into character

im starting to see it and feel it...

im sure it was the same way when we first say the pilot of this show, we didn't know how the characters were

i didn't see howard coming off as the creepy coated person he made out to be

or Raj being an ass drunk or not

i always thought he was the shy guy and all but that build on and we finally understand them

so i say give Amy a chance, im seeing and im loving her character

it's actually sucks if shes not in it

alot of things coming out of her mouth is simply funny

plus like sheldon, they spit out educated stuff since they are the really smart ones compared to the rest

I always liked her, and I love her now. She's so awkward but so eager about her new-found social interactions! 'That's kind of my life now' :D

Her scenes with Penny are hilarious, as are her 'drunk' moments. And Sheldon/Amy together is so sweet that I've almost started shipping them. They understand each other so well, and yet maintain that 'intellectual' distance.. it's such a unique relationship.

I personally liked her more at the beginning of the show, now it feels like she is trying a bit too hard to fit in with the rest of the girls. I thought that she'll be something like a Sheldon's counterpart in the ladies' group, and that she'll gradually start to "open up", but to me personally, her fitting in is too fast and a bit extreme.

At first she was more that a bit annoying, but now I think I like her. Her monkey killed me, and she has courage to fell for Sheldon, so that's something.

I personally liked her more at the beginning of the show, now it feels like she is trying a bit too hard to fit in with the rest of the girls. I thought that she'll be something like a Sheldon's counterpart in the ladies' group, and that she'll gradually start to "open up", but to me personally, her fitting in is too fast and a bit extreme.

i don't think thats the case

Sheldon's part of opening up gradually is understandable

He always had friends Leonard, Howard, and Raj, now he's friends with Penny

however, Amy said it herself she didn't have any friends

if you were Amy and you never had friends, all of a sudden theres 2 girls that she can come in contact and don't toss her aside

she had to eat with the janitor

i mean if you were a loner all your life and all of a sudden you have 2 people don't mind bringing you along in their group

wouldn't you try to fit in as soon as possible?

also, she mentioned peer pressure and thought it won't ever occurred...peer pressure is when really junior high to high school time

thats how far off she is that she never even had peer pressure

i don't think thats the case

Sheldon's part of opening up gradually is understandable

He always had friends Leonard, Howard, and Raj, now he's friends with Penny

however, Amy said it herself she didn't have any friends

if you were Amy and you never had friends, all of a sudden theres 2 girls that she can come in contact and don't toss her aside

she had to eat with the janitor

i mean if you were a loner all your life and all of a sudden you have 2 people don't mind bringing you along in their group

wouldn't you try to fit in as soon as possible?

also, she mentioned peer pressure and thought it won't ever occurred...peer pressure is when really junior high to high school time

thats how far off she is that she never even had peer pressure

I do understand your point, but I don't think that Amy's and Sheldon's childhood was much different. They were both outcasts, without friends and smarter than everyone else. And as for Sheldon, Howard and Raj themselves said that they are socializing with him only because of Leonard, and I don't see Sheldon as having much of a problem with that. Also, Sheldon is not really opening up, he is much the same as in the first season, and I don't think he'll change substantially by the end of the show. But as for Amy, on the other hand, I did presume she'll change, but just not so much so fast. I thought that her change would be presented with a bit more "finesse". Right now, all she needs is a makeover, and she'll be just like other women, with an occasional show of her quirkiness, which would probably disappear in the next few episodes.

I don't know, I just cannot make my mind about her. But, that's my personal opinion. Maybe she'll grow on me with time :)

Well, I think that Scheldon has changed since the beginning of the show, ever Leonard said so. He is more open, he is able to show his feeling (not often, but it's something). Now, when Amy is in the picture, he is going to change even more. Maybe he'll understand what being in a relationship is like. I don't think that at the beginning of the show, he would go to the restaurant with someone other then Leonard and the rest of the guys, I also doubt that he would hug.

Amy isn't the same case. She said that she never had friends - in the adult life, and now she has opportunity and she is trying to do something about herself. I don't think that's because she wants to fit in, it's because hadn't known what was she missing.

Well, I think that Scheldon has changed since the beginning of the show, ever Leonard said so. He is more open, he is able to show his feeling (not often, but it's something). Now, when Amy is in the picture, he is going to change even more. Maybe he'll understand what being in a relationship is like. I don't think that at the beginning of the show, he would go to the restaurant with someone other then Leonard and the rest of the guys, I also doubt that he would hug.

Amy isn't the same case. She said that she never had friends - in the adult life, and now she has opportunity and she is trying to do something about herself. I don't think that's because she wants to fit in, it's because hadn't known what was she missing.

agreed, but i still think she is trying to fit in but at the same time hadn't known what she is missing

agreed, but i still think she is trying to fit in but at the same time hadn't known what she is missing

Ok, but I don't think that she's a "fit-in" type of girl. She's just at the beginning of her new life and tries to make sense out of it.

I'm not sure Amy changed much. I think that when she talks to the girls, she thinks there is no difference between her behaviour and that of theirs, but it is not true - and they often think that she understands sth they are saying, when she obviously doesn't. Besides, it seems to me that she still treats her social activities as a part of her research.

IMO the only important change in Amy's recent life has been the discovery of sex. (But still, she is interested in it partially in theoretical way.)

And, I'm surprised that so many people here are convinced that Amy actually _needs_ change. She devotes most of her time to a (successful) research on brain functions and the rest of it she spends with her friend-who-is-a-boy, which, from her point of view, is the equivalent of carrier & love. She also deals with practical things by herself without any major problems. So, why change? To have sex? Sheldon would have to change more than she for that.

And, I'm surprised that so many people here are convinced that Amy actually _needs_ change. She devotes most of her time to a (successful) research on brain functions and the rest of it she spends with her friend-who-is-a-boy, which, from her point of view, is the equivalent of carrier & love. She also deals with practical things by herself without any major problems. So, why change? To have sex? Sheldon would have to change more than she for that.

You're right. But, on this sex/love thing - I think that it's inevitable. Sheldon has to change, that's right but baby steps. We waited almost a whole season, to see two of them kiss. Maybe, it was only an experiment, but there'll be next step (rather later then sooner).

I think the writers did a very wise thing in making Amy sufficiently different from Sheldon, although still Sheldonesque in her intellect and devotion to science; and one major manifestation of that difference is her comparatively greater interest in opening up to 'normal folks' and socializing. There is no reason to assume that since Sheldon is restrictive about his social interactions, and slow to change, Amy should be the same. They don't have to be identical.

A point to note is that Amy is in a scientific field much closer to humans, i.e. neurobiology, while Sheldon is in physics. So for Amy, observing people and their reactions is very much a part of her research, too.

Amy has suddenly discovered a new lifestyle and company she finds she enjoys (and never had), so she's making the most of it. In the process, she is also helping in bringing Sheldon out of his shell a bit more, because among all people, she is the one he connects with most and considers his equal.

When she was first introduced, I thought she was very creepy and annoying but I actually like her now. Yeah, she's like Sheldon but she has also matured. She's actually trying to fit in with other people and become normal

Edited by thephantom

I just wanted to say how much I love her. <3 <3 I have to work all day while all I wanna do is stay home and watch every adorable Amy scene!!!!! She is perfect!!!!!

• Like 4