The Big Bang Theory Forums
Sign in to follow this  
Mikosper

Best Quote In any Episode?

"Interesting. You are afraid of insects and women. Ladybugs must render you catatonic."

Sheldon, 3.10 - The Gorilla Experiment

That one just about had me wetting myself:icon_cheesygrin:

Leonard: You knew that someday, someone would come along who's younger and smarter.

Sheldon: Yes, but I assumed I would've been dead hundreds of years. And that there'd be an asterisk by his name because he'd be a cyborg.

------------------------------

Sheldon: So this is Engineering, huh? [...] Engineering, where the noble semiskilled laborers execute the vision of those who think and dream. Hello, Oompa Loompas of science.

I can't remember the line exactly, but Howard made a quip about so and so going out with Apu from the Kwikee-Mart. If you don't remember, Leonard later tells him that that was racist, and Howard rebuffs that by saying Apu's a beloved character of the Simpsons.

You probably mean 2.4 "The Griffin Equivalency" where Penny goes out with Raj.

Howard: You're just gonna sit around here and mope while Penny is out with Dr. Apu from the Kwik-E-Mart?

Leonard: It's not a date and that's racist.

Howard: It can't be racist. He's a beloved character on The Simpsons.

This one from The Desperation Emanation.

Leonard: What would you be if you were attached to another object by an inclined plane, wrapped helically around an axis?

Sheldon: Screwed.

Leonard: There you go.

I admit, I quote this one a fair bit irl.

@Norgay: ahhh that was the Apu episode I was looking for the other night !!

We had a troll visit the forums and I got the quote out, but couldn't recall the ep; ty :)

One recent line I just LOVE on several levels is when Sheldon and Amy are going back and forth. I forget what Amy says but Sheldon replies "...I don't know how to process that." I just love that line. It's just perfect Sheldon.

Leonard: "You'll never guess what just happened!"

Sheldon: "You went out in the hallway, stumbled into an inter-dimensional portal which brought you five thousand years into the future, where you took advantage of the advance technology to build a time machine, and now you're back to bring us all with you to the year 7010, where we are transported to work at the Thinkatorium by telepathically controlled flying dolphins?"

Leonard: "...No."

Sheldon: "Aww."

One recent line I just LOVE on several levels is when Sheldon and Amy are going back and forth. I forget what Amy says but Sheldon replies "...I don't know how to process that." I just love that line. It's just perfect Sheldon.

She said he was like a sexy toddler, after smelling the Talc on him. Ca-Razy!

Well, today we tried masturbating for money - sheldon

Ah gravity, thou art a heartless bitch - sheldon, also my message tone haha

Engineering: where the noble semi-skilled laborers execute the vision of those who think and dream. Hello, Ooompa-Loompas of science - sheldon

Leonard: Hey, I thought you were with your new buddies.

Sheldon: I had to leave. They were having fun wrong.

Sheldon: I made tea.

Leonard: I don't want tea.

Sheldon: I didn't make tea for you. This is my tea.

Leonard: Then why are you telling me?

Sheldon: It's a conversation starter.

Leonard: That's a lousy conversation starter.

Sheldon: Oh, is it? We're conversing. Checkmate.

too many haha

Leslie Winkle, "Yes, come for the breasts, stay for the brains." she replies to Penny's "Oh, wow, a Girl Scientist". (Not one of Penny's better lines....women who box other women in keep them second class citizens more than chauvinistic men!

Aloha Karma

Good point, Karma.

This one from Leonard, when after their first date, Penny says she wants to take it slow and just 'wing it':

"OK, why don't we figure out where we're going, and when we want to get there, then rate of speed equals distance over time."

Love this one: one of the first physics formulae I ever learned. :D

Off topic a little... but wth was the waredrobe dept thinking when they put Penny in THAT dress?? The one she is wearing at the end of the episode after Ramona storms out of Sheldon's apartment.

Looks like a 70s beanbag

SE02 episode 6

One of the great under rated lines was one given recently.

"I don't know how to process that."

Genius on several levels lol.

When Howard says "That's why I added the 'tator'."

I loved that one! :D

What about this one from Raj: "How can I be a gynacologist? I can't even look a woman in the eye"!

Actually, I think your signature is a great quote, subatomic dickens. :)

Yeah I love that one :icon_cheesygrin: I have a feeling that when this show is finally all said and done, the Sheldon character is going to have one of the most impressive collections of lines television has ever known.

Another goodie...

Leonard: What did Penny mean, "you'd make a cute couple"?

Sheldon: Well, I assume she meant that the two of you together would constitute a couple that others might consider cute. An alternate, though somewhat less likely interpretation is that you could manufacture one.. as in, "Oh look, Leonard and Leslie made Mr. and Mrs. Goldfarb, aren't they adorable?!".

I love how matter-of-factly he delivers this line as they cruise the stairs. Just classic.

"What would you be if you were attached to another object by an inclined plane, wrapped helically around an axis?"

LOL! Admittedly I quote this line a lot myself!

"What would you be if you were attached to another object by an inclined plane, wrapped helically around an axis?"

LOL! Admittedly I quote this line a lot myself!

I find myself doing that quite a lot too. And I've only seen the clip a couple of times.:icon_biggrin: