The Big Bang Theory Forums
Sign in to follow this  
Jackalonious Monk

The Roommate Agreement

Hey everyone

I would love to get my hands on a copy of the roommate agreement between Sheldon an Lenard, as I know there is no "Official" copy of this document I was wondering if any fans out there had managed to create their own version of this document? If so post it up! I would love to have a read and a laugh at some of the amazing articles in this agreement and maybe even use it for my own roommates.

Cheers

Kind of unrelated to the OP, so sue me, but didn't Sheldon break the Roommate Agreement by getting those cats? I thought he told Leonard they weren't allowed to have pets.

@Mousedroppings: from the wiki link Tripper posted...

“Pets are banned under the roommate agreement, with the exception of service animals“ like cybernetically-enhanced helper monkeys (0321)

Damn those peeps at wiki... they've beaten me to yet another OCD challenge !! Oh well, back to counting pepsi cans...

Huh. Well, if Leonard ever gets evicted for whatever reason, and one us lands ourselves in an apartment with Sheldon, then we'll be able to back up our reasoning for sitting in his spot. x)

No, an officially published roommate agreement wouldn't work - its a comedic vehicle that can always be appealed to and is pretty much infinitely flexible. Because no one gets to view it in its entirety it can contain any clauses an ep's writers may need to script in. Pinning the thing down on paper would make it obsolete pretty quickly - you'd exhaust the comedic potential and it would cease to be integral to the Leonard/Sheldon dynamic.

Well, thank you for the praise! We do the wiki for our own enjoyment, of course, but hearing that people like it makes it all worthwhile.

Steve

Editor, The Wiki