I seriously hate Amy Farrah Fowler

I love her, hint in my name ;) I like how she is weird and how she is with Penny and Berny. She made the show a lot funnier for me, I like that she does not exactly know social boundaries a bit like Sheldon. Her dress sense could slightly be better but that's Amy :D I

Edited by LoveShamy

• Replies 439
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Posts

I have locked the thread as, after three years, it appears to have run its course. The situation was obviously different back in 2011 when Amy had only been on the show for one season, but now it does

It's funny people still push Shenny, even in fanfiction the stories have all become just immature Ken and Barbie stories since the characters are so out of character. Amy was written to be for Sheldo

I think that people have to remember that no one exists in a vacuum, not even Sheldon.   Sheldon's line from The Jerusalem Duality (an ANCIENT episode) was quoted regarding his ongoing bafflement in

Posted Images

It's quite understandable that people will want more of Penny. Yes, TBTP should make most of what they are paying Kaley because she has less screentime but is being paid with $300000 per episode. Mayim's screentime was greater this past season 5 but she's nowhere close with Kaley's paycheck. If they are willing to give Amy more screentime this 6th season, then they should make it proportional to her paycheck, since she's not only a ratings-puller but also an Emmy nod noisemaker.

But I think the characters this season are having equal screentime. I'm actually more annoyed with Penny bu as she is the "main character", I can't WISH or even HOPE for her to have less scenes if she continues with her recent disinteresting characterization. They do need to fix her this season. That said, unlike very opinionated people, I'm not into complaining on every single thing I do not like in a show because the purpose of watching a show gets lost if continue to look for faults than reasons to enjoy it. If you hate it so much and that the negative things have outweighed the positive things, maybe it's time to let go and be a doll by leaving alone those who still enjoy what you used to like.

• Like 2

I have nothing against Mayim.  She's obviously a great Emmy nominated actress, who along with Jim did most of the heavy lifting in S5.  As I mentioned above, she's also capable of portraying Amy in a variety of uniquely funny ways. I don't mind her socially awkward comments about body parts, menstrual cycles, etc....sometimes.  Moving forward, I would prefer to keep the  "over the top" and "horny" versions of Amy on a leash and let her loose occasionally.

Mayim  is a secondary casts member and her screen time should not have exceeded an original cast member...Kaley.  Simply out of respect for Kaley who starred and did as much to build the show from the ground up anyone else - sans Jim.   Plus, I think Penny and Sheldon have a natural chemistry together and are much more magical than Sheldon and Amy.

Anyway, it seems like the writers are portioning the airtime better and working on fixing Penny.  Hopefully, it will be better than just another round of Penny as a Harpy.

Are they? ...fixing her. I hope she treats her nerd better and I also hope they give her some decent stories. Penny is a brilliant character, her comic timing is immaculate and she deserves a bit of recognition.

Are they? ...fixing her. I hope she treats her nerd better and I also hope they give her some decent stories. Penny is a brilliant character, her comic timing is immaculate and she deserves a bit of recognition.

Personally, I think K.C. is by far the weakest member of the cast. And if the Penny character were so brilliant (actress aside), it wouldn't need fixing. Just my opinion.

I actually love this newer Amy.

She is now lot softer and feminine!

Definitely one I would not mind dating!

She used to be a lot colder, but luckily bernadette and Penny got their hand on her, and made her find her feminine side.

I look forward seeing her wooing Sheldon some more. The one where she used nintendo music to woo Sheldon was just the best episode ever!!! :icon_lol:

• Like 1

I haven’t read the spoiler threads, but those who did said the writers are fixing Penny. Something big is supposed to happen in S6.5. It’s nice to know the writers realized they dropped the ball with the L/P saga, and fubar’d Penny to the point of dislike for both the character and L/P saga.

I’m not sure about K.C. / Penny being brilliant. I caught some episodes of 8 simple rules and K.C. as Penny is more or less a more refined version of K.C. as Bridgette. As far as I can tell, K.C. is sort of one dimensional…she does (timing, facial expressions, etc.) very well, but I haven’t seen her do much else. However, K.C. is very young (like +10 years younger than the other cast members), and hasn’t had a Penny-centric episode or more than a couple lines per scene in quite awhile. Hopefully, the writers have something better in mind for K.C. / Penny. I'm not sure i could bear to watch another round of Leonard as a doormat and Penny as sexual cannibal.

I haven’t read the spoiler threads, but those who did said the writers are fixing Penny. Something big is supposed to happen in S6.5. It’s nice to know the writers realized they dropped the ball with the L/P saga, and fubar’d Penny to the point of dislike for both the character and L/P saga.

Kudos for the use of fubar!

new here, but since this is an amy thread I will just say she is a great character, there are girls like her is real life and I think it is wonderful they have included a socially awkward female to the group

I’m not sure about K.C. / Penny being brilliant. I caught some episodes of 8 simple rules and K.C. as Penny is more or less a more refined version of K.C. as Bridgette. As far as I can tell, K.C. is sort of one dimensional…she does (timing, facial expressions, etc.) very well, but I haven’t seen her do much else. However, K.C. is very young (like +10 years younger than the other cast members), and hasn’t had a Penny-centric episode or more than a couple lines per scene in quite awhile. Hopefully, the writers have something better in mind for K.C. / Penny. I'm not sure i could bear to watch another round of Leonard as a doormat and Penny as sexual cannibal.

While I agree with most of what you've said, I just don't see K.C. as being that good with facial expressions (her timing is good though). Her facial expressions seem very hammed up to me, like the expressions one would expect from a 10-year old under the same conditions... Or like the facial expressions one would see from characters on a show for 10-year olds. You know... Overacted.

While I agree with most of what you've said, I just don't see K.C. as being that good with facial exp<b></b>ressions (her timing is good though). Her facial exp<b></b>ressions seem very hammed up to me, like the exp<b></b>ressions one would expect from a 10-year old under the same conditions... Or like the facial exp<b></b>ressions one would see from characters on a show for 10-year olds. You know... Overacted.

Yes, I see your point and would agree that her expressions when forced are hammed up, but at the same her natural expressions are special. She sort of does the same thing when she's posing for a photo...her forced smile looks very unnatural and wierd, but her natural smile is very attractive.

• 1 month later...
I used to love The big Bang Theory. I HATE it now. Ever since Amy Ferrah Fowler joined the cast. She's bringing down the show. I mean WHY do we need a second, female version of Sheldon? She's not even funny like Bernadette! She's a child who's trying to relive her sheltered past & has to grow by destroying the character we all grew to love. Sheldon! Why do we need that when we already have Sheldon for that?

Please, we don't need a female perspective of Sheldon. Today Sheldon's qualities can be understood but male & female dorks. Any other female qualities, she has can be written for Penny or Bernadette! Worst of all she's changing Sheldon! The Sheldon we all know and love DOES NOT need a relationship. I know characters need to grow and change but why? Do you know the reason why Seinfeld was good all 9 seasons? Because the main characters always stayed the same. It practically stayed the same. Ok so George got into a relationship with Susan but his character NEVER changed! Why can't they do that with Sheldon or any of the characters? I'm not too crazy about Howard not being a perv anymore but since Bernadette is funny, I can live with it. 

But Amy is just terrible. I wouldn't mind her if she was funny. But she's not, Why can't Amy pull a Susan?!? Ok, so maybe she should just leave, bring Sheldon back to the way he was and then at the series finale can come back & they can get married. You know like something like what Eric did on that 70's show. If Sheldon had a girlfriend, I would still mind but she should at least be funny & good looking. I'm sorry ladies but when you see Amy, you admit you see your old grade school librarian. In today's society we could use a girl like Amy to get rid of all the female stereotypes.

But why? Why can't we have another Leslie Winkle or Ramona? They were both ten times funnier than Amy & didn't make me sigh when they talked. Or any other of female fans of Sheldon that aren't a total turd like Amy?!? FUCK Shamy! I want Aldon! Alex Jensen, Sheldon's female research assistant! She liked Leonard first but the writers can maker her grow to love Sheldon instead!

"Or any other of female fans of Sheldon that aren't a total turd like Amy?!?"

WTF is this supposed to mean???? You callin' me a "turd" because I'm a female fan of Sheldon?? Maybe you're not....feel free to explain.

Anyway, in response to everything you said:  Ummm, no.

Monique

Edited by MJistheBOMB
  • Like 1

Wow. Congrats on hauling an army into the Amy Ferrah (sic) Fowler SUCKS! Group. Population: 1. Maybe before you go hate on something that is displeasing to your vision and doesn't get your junk hard, try to search for the correct spelling of a character's name first?

• Like 2

If Sheldon had a girlfriend, I would still mind but she should at least be funny & good looking. I'm sorry ladies but when you see Amy, you admit you see your old grade school librarian. In today's society we could use a girl like Amy to get rid of all the female stereotypes.  
Oh, the irony. Pairing an attractive male lead character with a slightly dowdy looking female character (Mayim is very attractive, this is not a slight against her) is breaking one of the biggest stereotypes in entertainment: all female love interests must be sex bombs. Sheldon's attraction to Amy's mind is breaking the awful male stereotype that guys are only shallow enough to care what's on the outside... oh and if the girl is funny or not.
  • Like 2

I used to love The big Bang Theory. I HATE it now. Ever since Amy Ferrah Fowler joined the cast. She's bringing down the show. I mean WHY do we need a second, female version of Sheldon? She's not even funny like Bernadette! She's a child who's trying to relive her sheltered past & has to grow by destroying the character we all grew to love. Sheldon! Why do we need that when we already have Sheldon for that?

Please, we don't need a female perspective of Sheldon. Today Sheldon's qualities can be understood but male & female dorks. Any other female qualities, she has can be written for Penny or Bernadette! Worst of all she's changing Sheldon! The Sheldon we all know and love DOES NOT need a relationship. I know characters need to grow and change but why? Do you know the reason why Seinfeld was good all 9 seasons? Because the main characters always stayed the same. It practically stayed the same. Ok so George got into a relationship with Susan but his character NEVER changed! Why can't they do that with Sheldon or any of the characters? I'm not too crazy about Howard not being a perv anymore but since Bernadette is funny, I can live with it. 

But Amy is just terrible. I wouldn't mind her if she was funny. But she's not, Why can't Amy pull a Susan?!? Ok, so maybe she should just leave, bring Sheldon back to the way he was and then at the series finale can come back & they can get married. You know like something like what Eric did on that 70's show. If Sheldon had a girlfriend, I would still mind but she should at least be funny & good looking. I'm sorry ladies but when you see Amy, you admit you see your old grade school librarian. In today's society we could use a girl like Amy to get rid of all the female stereotypes.

But why? Why can't we have another Leslie Winkle or Ramona? They were both ten times funnier than Amy & didn't make me sigh when they talked. Or any other of female fans of Sheldon that aren't a total turd like Amy?!? FUCK Shamy! I want Aldon! Alex Jensen, Sheldon's female research assistant! She liked Leonard first but the writers can maker her grow to love Sheldon instead!

Tell your story walkin', fella.

First off, TBBT ISN'T Seinfeld. Never was, never will be, was never intended to be.

It's the writers' choice as to if, when, and how any of the characters grow and change. From the pilot, there was growth and change among the characters and there was never any intention, going by what we saw from the outset, of keeping the characters static, including Sheldon.

Sheldon is growing and changing because, like the others, he's intended to be seen as a human being, despite whatever his unique qualities may be.

The characters on Seinfeld were very funny, but they were more like cartoons than like real people. But that was the intent of the show, and not the intent of this show.

GET OVER IT!

So, if you really hate the show that much, why the heck are you wasting this much juice on it?

Amy isn't a female version of Sheldon. That may have been the original thumbnail of the character, but she, too, has evolved through her friendship with Penny and Bernadette. ALL of the characters have changed and grown, even Raj, in his limited fashion.

If you have such a shallow, short-sighted view of the show and the characters, maybe you should just go watch something else. This show isn't going to be going backward any time soon, there won't be any Alex/Sheldon--what would she ever see in Sheldon?--and Leslie Winkle isn't coming back and Ramona surely isn't--Sheldon didn't even want her around after her initial idol-worship turned into stalking/asking for credit on his work.

As for your comments about Amy's look--WTF? Of course, she's supposed to be dowdy/nerdy in her dress. She's just as repressed/socially awkward/nerdy as the guys. Her clothing is about half a step off from Raj's--same layered, clashing look. She's not supposed to be a beauty queen--that's half the point. Sheldon is attracted to her for her mind, not her body.

Any more crappy points you'd like to make?

Wow. Expect some scathing comments from the GOH for that post! Been there.

I agree with you that Amy is causing Sheldon to change, and IMO, not in a good or necessary way.  But while she started out as a female version of Sheldon, which I thought was hilarious, she isn't any longer.  Last season they made her creepy with all the sexual comments towards Penny. This season they've made her bitter and angry most of the time. Very unlikable.  She lacks Sheldon's charm.  My feeling is that there are just too many characters in the show now and not enough screen time for all of them. They need to refocus on the original five with Amy and Bernadette used vary sparingly. But that is a minority opinion out here.   

Edited by djvang

Tell your story walkin', fella.

First off, TBBT ISN'T Seinfeld. Never was, never will be, was never intended to be.

It's the writers' choice as to if, when, and how any of the characters grow and change. From the pilot, there was growth and change among the characters and there was never any intention, going by what we saw from the outset, of keeping the characters static, including Sheldon.

Sheldon is growing and changing because, like the others, he's intended to be seen as a human being, despite whatever his unique qualities may be.

The characters on Seinfeld were very funny, but they were more like cartoons than like real people. But that was the intent of the show, and not the intent of this show.

GET OVER IT!

So, if you really hate the show that much, why the heck are you wasting this much juice on it?

Amy isn't a female version of Sheldon. That may have been the original thumbnail of the character, but she, too, has evolved through her friendship with Penny and Bernadette. ALL of the characters have changed and grown, even Raj, in his limited fashion.

If you have such a shallow, short-sighted view of the show and the characters, maybe you should just go watch something else. This show isn't going to be going backward any time soon, there won't be any Alex/Sheldon--what would she ever see in Sheldon?--and Leslie Winkle isn't coming back and Ramona surely isn't--Sheldon didn't even want her around after her initial idol-worship turned into stalking/asking for credit on his work.

As for your comments about Amy's look--WTF? Of course, she's supposed to be dowdy/nerdy in her dress. She's just as repressed/socially awkward/nerdy as the guys. Her clothing is about half a step off from Raj's--same layered, clashing look. She's not supposed to be a beauty queen--that's half the point. Sheldon is attracted to her for her mind, not her body.

Any more crappy points you'd like to make?

Well that didn't take long. "If you don't love the show as much as me just shut up and stop watching!!".  Been there too. :icon_rolleyes:

Edited by djvang

Well that didn't take long. "If you don't love the show as much as me just shut up and stop watching!!".  Been there too. :icon_rolleyes:

Not everyone has to love the show as much as anyone else, but if a person hates the show or doesn't find any joy in it, then what's the point of watching?

Of course, everyone's free to watch and fume or sigh or gripe, and make pointless hateful FB pages and talk about who should leave the show.

But it's not going to change anything.