I seriously hate Amy Farrah Fowler

• Replies 439
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Posts

I have locked the thread as, after three years, it appears to have run its course. The situation was obviously different back in 2011 when Amy had only been on the show for one season, but now it does

It's funny people still push Shenny, even in fanfiction the stories have all become just immature Ken and Barbie stories since the characters are so out of character. Amy was written to be for Sheldo

I think that people have to remember that no one exists in a vacuum, not even Sheldon.   Sheldon's line from The Jerusalem Duality (an ANCIENT episode) was quoted regarding his ongoing bafflement in

Posted Images

Guest I'm not dead Cheryl

THAT aint no princess.

First of all it is rude to refer to Amy as "that" even if she is a fictional character. And second it is really tiring to keep reading mean posts, bashing and insults all the time. An opinion saying "I don't like her" or whatever it's fine, is an opinion and is valid as everyone else's. But on this fandom, for some people insulting, and being plainly a jerk to her seems to be like a sport or something. And don't give me that crap of "she's not real, why do you defend her so much" because she is my favorite character and I have as much right to defend her. At least I'm not being a jerk to anyone.

A lot of people don't like other characters either, but they don't get as much abuse as Amy's character does. And it absolutely makes me see how girls like Amy are bullied all the time, just like her character was on the show and still is by some people who use the anonymity of the internet to do so, maybe thinking it makes them look "cool". Kudos writers, you 'really doing good.

Because saying stuff like "she should be killed off in a gruesome death because she's gross " or "she's ugly , unattractive and repulsive" and the only posts you make are to insult her, etc is not an opinion is just plain hate and bully logic. The worst kind of bullies, the ones who want to hurt. And yeah, she's a fictional character,I know, but if a fictional character that you only see 20 min once a week can make the worst of you come out, I thank the heavens I don't live anywhere near you.

And it makes me love TBBT's characters, because they love her for who she is, even Penny. And it makes me happy that Amy finally found them.

Keep on hating, you're just making her and the writers look better.

• Like 2

First of all it is rude to refer to Amy as "that" even if she is a fictional character. And second it is really tiring to keep reading mean posts, bashing and insults all the time. An opinion saying "I don't like her" or whatever it's fine, is an opinion and is valid as everyone else's. But on this fandom, for some people insulting, and being plainly a jerk to her seems to be like a sport or something. And don't give me that crap of "she's not real, why do you defend her so much" because she is my favorite character and I have as much right to defend her. At least I'm not being a jerk to anyone.

A lot of people don't like other characters either, but they don't get as much abuse as Amy's character does. And it absolutely makes me see how girls like Amy are bullied all the time, just like her character was on the show and still is by some people who use the anonymity of the internet to do so, maybe thinking it makes them look "cool". Kudos writers, you 'really doing good.

Because saying stuff like "she should be killed off in a gruesome death because she's gross " or "she's ugly , unattractive and repulsive" and the only posts you make are to insult her, etc is not an opinion is just plain hate and bully logic. The worst kind of bullies, the ones who want to hurt. And yeah, she's a fictional character,I know, but if a fictional character that you only see 20 min once a week can make the worst of you come out, I thank the heavens I don't live anywhere near you.

And it makes me love TBBT's characters, because they love her for who she is, even Penny. And it makes me happy that Amy finally found them.

Keep on hating, you're just making her and the writers look better.

U-mad-bro-.jpg

And I (and the other people who dislike the character) have the right to say what we want too. I didn't realise this was your site to tell people what they can and can't post.

Just have a check on how many "I dislike/hate AMY (not Mayim)" threads there are. You are biased towards the Amy character and that's fine. But the majority who don't like her can post their opinions too. Isn't it strange how there arent a lot of "I hate Sheldon/Leonard/Raj/Howard/Penny/Bernadette" threads??? 

:icon_lol:

Also, personally (I can't presume to speak for everyone like yourself) don't dislike Amy because of her background or upbringing. Her poor character annoys me. It's so cliched its irritating. All of the other characters are quirky by nature. Her quirkiness is so forced.

Mayim does a great job portraying that, but the character is abysmal.

Also, if you are such a big fan of Amy...why even read a thread titled "I seriously hate Amy Farrah Fowler"???  :icon_rolleyes:

U-mad-bro-.jpg

And I (and the other people who dislike the character) have the right to say what we want too. I didn't realise this was your site to tell people what they can and can't post.

Just have a check on how many "I dislike/hate AMY (not Mayim)" threads there are. You are biased towards the Amy character and that's fine. But the majority who don't like her can post their opinions too. Isn't it strange how there arent a lot of "I hate Sheldon/Leonard/Raj/Howard/Penny/Bernadette" threads???

:icon_lol:

Also, personally (I can't presume to speak for everyone like yourself) don't dislike Amy because of her background or upbringing. Her poor character annoys me. It's so cliched its irritating. All of the other characters are quirky by nature. Her quirkiness is so forced.

Mayim does a great job portraying that, but the character is abysmal.

Also, if you are such a big fan of Amy...why even read a thread titled "I seriously hate Amy Farrah Fowler"??? :icon_rolleyes:

Not mad, just annoyed. And if you read my post you see I didn't say you cannot say you don't like her. I said that is a valid opinion. What I am questioning is the irrational hatred and the enormous amounts of energy a lot of haters spend on hating her. Hate is not an opinion. Wanting to have her killed is not an opinion. Bashing her (and in a lot of cases, bashing Mayim too) is not an opinion. Or at least not a valid one.

And I post here because I want to, we have an I love Amy thread that is usually hijacked by haters anyway.

BTW, you are not in the majority, there is no way to know that. She wouldn't still be on he show, so I'm inclined to think on the contrary.

Where do I get a list of the "vaild" opinions?

My list:

Everything that goes "I like" or "I don't like" is valid.

Everything that goes "she should be killed" "I hate her so much" "her fans are idiots" , "she's ugly and repulsive", etc, etc, etc are not valid.

• Like 1

My list:

Everything that goes "I like" or "I don't like" is valid.

Everything that goes "she should be killed" "I hate her so much" "her fans are idiots" , "she's ugly and repulsive", etc, etc, etc are not valid.

Oh, ok.

Actually, the new rules are:

Everything that says "Amy is (insert positive comment)" is invalid.

Everything that says "Amy is (insert correct negative comment)" is valid.

Works both ways you see. 

All I can say is, good luck watching the show if you hate Amy =/. I hope you can handle watching her develop Sheldon's character into something you won't like because it's going to happen. Arguing with you will only make your impending disappointment at what the writers will ultimately achieve greater. To all the haters out there, I feel bad for you guys. If you can't let go of the past then the only thing I can suggest, as many people have already said, is to move on and stop watching. If you can't do that then carry on doing what you do, but it ain't gonna change the show. Sorry.

Really?

So:

"I hate her so much" is invalid, but "I love her so much" is valid?

"She's ugly and repulsive" is invalid, but ""she's beautiful and appealing" is valid?

"She should be killed" is invalid, but "I wish there was more Amy" is valid?

Wow. Nice little bit of hypocrisy you've got going there.

No, I'm not a hypocrite because I don't spend most of my posts hating on characters and/or actresses even though I'm not every character's biggest fan (i.e Penny). It is called being polite and educated, and really being against this whole culture of being a plain dick on the internet, hiding behind a keyboard and abusing anonimity. 

I am coherent with my philosophy of being a decent person and mantaining my opinions as opinions and not as insults/bashing/whining/death wishes and certainly not fixating on the negative things. You really should try it. It does wonders for you. 

Anyhow, it doesn't even matter what you think or write. It's always you plus one or two people who show up one time every couple of months, making a hateful post and then dissapearing forever. You should reflect on that.

Edited by Sursonica
  • Like 2

Everything I post is my honest opnion. I didn't realize that this forum was limited to only positive views of the show. Another one of your rules? And I've posted many positive views of the show if you'd bother to look.You seem to be very selective in your reading comprehension. I like the show but I will also point out the parts I don't like. If you can't handle that then ignore all my posts. It's pretty simple. Face it, you just can't stand opinions you disagree with. That's not very "polite and educated" is it?

Pi

And FWIW, I don't think Amy should be killed, just wounded. :icon_twisted:

Again, you don't seem to be reading my posts. I nowhere said that you couldn't say negative opinions or say you don't like her. Because that is a valid opinion. It is insults, and senseless bashing I have a problem with. Also, I wasn't specifically talking about you in the first place, you jumped on my post to someone else. again, read my post before putting word in my mouth.