I seriously hate Amy Farrah Fowler

I remember what Sheldon said "Compared to us your a mackdaddy". I think if Penny was interested in just physical characteristics (do ppl really think shes that shallow) she wld be still dating Kurt. But lets flip things for a sec, whats a girl like Penny doing with a catch like Leonard, I think even Penny has realized Leonards too good for her, ever since she lost her tolerance for dumb guys. Clearly their has never bn any romantic undertone, the idea alone is creepy and laughable at best, its like brother and sister dating (according to Kaley). But yes Johnny and Kaley dated for a year and a half, they make a cute couple haha says this guy,.or made ahem.

• 2 weeks later...
  • Replies 439
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Posts

I have locked the thread as, after three years, it appears to have run its course. The situation was obviously different back in 2011 when Amy had only been on the show for one season, but now it does

It's funny people still push Shenny, even in fanfiction the stories have all become just immature Ken and Barbie stories since the characters are so out of character. Amy was written to be for Sheldo

I think that people have to remember that no one exists in a vacuum, not even Sheldon.   Sheldon's line from The Jerusalem Duality (an ANCIENT episode) was quoted regarding his ongoing bafflement in

Posted Images

The comment about her electric toothbrush comes to mind.

Not that I'm a prude or anything, I just don't think this level of humour fits in with the overall feel of the show.

Have you forgotten, that the pilot started with the two main characters about to "masturbate for money"?

Have you forgotten, that the pilot started with the two main characters about to "masturbate for money"?

and then there was the episode with Howard and the robot arm....

First of all, you know they dated in real life right?

Second, why wouldn't she go out with Leonard? Shes stupid, has no talent whatsoever, and is only mildly attractive. She would be lucky to be with a genious.

It's remarkable they built a show around this premise. I like it, maybe it will do well. And not "stupid" per se, just not academic and not motivated in that direction. No reason at all to think she is stupid; and not a young earther, so ahead of many.

Skull Amy does not let Sheldon walk all over her!

I would put the shamy relationship now in the same way that lennies was around Valentine's last year

Leonard took a step back to allow Penny the time she needed to committ and now in a way Amy is having to do that for Sheldon to catch up to her pace (which will take a while admittedly)

Edited by rachelshamyfan

While I agree with you, I wouldent compare Shamy or Lenny to each other, completely different relationships. Amy does let Sheldon walk over her in some aspects of their relationship, sometimes she doesent stand up for her self. Difference is nor Penny or Leonard had complete dominance in the relationship, or had everything on their terms like Sheldon does with Amy. While I agree with your reference to VD last season, it was still done equally in the end, I have never seen Shamy on the same wave length.

While I agree with you, I wouldent compare Shamy or Lenny to each other, completely different relationships. Amy does let Sheldon walk over her in some aspects of their relationship, sometimes she doesent stand up for her self. Difference is nor Penny or Leonard had complete dominance in the relationship, or had everything on their terms like Sheldon does with Amy. While I agree with your reference to VD last season, it was still done equally in the end, I have never seen Shamy on the same wave length.

Sheldon walks all over everyone, even Penny can't stand up to him.

And Amy really does stand up for herself if it's important to her, she just compromises because she loves him.

Sheldon does the same, only more subtle.

I wasn't comparing the relationship itself, more the actual place they are in the relationship and Leonard up until now has always had to wait for penny, the Lenny fans don't really see it like we do

Go to Shenny hq if you want to talk about them as a couple, you will be in good company for all of your collective dreams

Yes come to HQ. Where Sheldon and Penny are the faves and some people even ship them. *gasp* :)

• Like 3

Sheldon walks all over everyone, even Penny can't stand up to him.

And Amy really does stand up for herself if it's important to her, she just compromises because she loves him.

Sheldon does the same, only more subtle.

As you say Sheldon being Sheldon does tend to be self-centred, and on the surface treats everyone with apparent indifference.  However I think that though Sheldon may think that he has the upper hand with Amy, she does have a subtle hold on him that perhaps he is not/was not aware of.  I don’t think he realises how much he listens to her, refers to her, is led by her and even accepts criticism from her. 

Amy can be strong, and this has been demonstrated (although admittedly on only a few occasions).  Maybe Amy just does not like confrontation unless absolutely necessary because she was friendless and or was bullied when younger. 

As you say Sheldon being Sheldon does tend to be self-centred, and on the surface treats everyone with apparent indifference.  However I think that though Sheldon may think that he has the upper hand with Amy, she does have a subtle hold on him that perhaps he is not/was not aware of.  I don’t think he realises how much he listens to her, refers to her, is led by her and even accepts criticism from her. 

Oh Amy can play him for sure, she did that very well in the table episode. But she had time to prepare herself for that.

However, sometimes she get's surprised, or just can't take anymore and her sublteness dissapears. Like she did in the spoiler episode.

Well compared to the guys and Amy and Bernadette most of us are kind of stupid :p So it's the comparison that does harm to Penny.

As for Amy I think to that she affects Sheldon way more than she and he realize. But imo episodes like the Table one don't depict that very well. The nice thing about that is that Amy managed to affect Sheldon so much even though she has no idea how, without planning or plotting just by being herself. And Sheldon is affected so much by someone even though not only he would never imagine it but he wouldn't allow it if he could. In the table the dynamics weren't that good for me too much manipulation. On 7.11 though it was perfect when she got him to see the baby.

Oh Amy can play him for sure, she did that very well in the table episode. But she had time to prepare herself for that.

However, sometimes she get's surprised, or just can't take anymore and her sublteness dissapears. Like she did in the spoiler episode.

As for Amy I think to that she affects Sheldon way more than she and he realize. But imo episodes like the Table one don't depict that very well. The nice thing about that is that Amy managed to affect Sheldon so much even though she has no idea how, without planning or plotting just by being herself. And Sheldon is affected so much by someone even though not only he would never imagine it but he wouldn't allow it if he could. In the table the dynamics weren't that good for me too much manipulation. On 7.11 though it was perfect when she got him to see the baby.

I do prefer the way that Amy deals with Sheldon without apparent subterfuge and both the Spoiler and Indecision episodes shows how – when she does explode – he cannot really handle her anger.  In both he looked like a frightened rabbit.  Though many think she should stand up to him more, I think that the fact that she has such outbursts only rarely is more effective, both on Sheldon and on us as the audience – it catches us off balance.

And though I do think that she gets frustrated (no pun intended) at times with him, I think she does understand him and accepts him for what he is.  Such is love

Yes come to HQ. Where Sheldon and Penny are the faves and some people even ship them. *gasp* :)

And where people insult TBBT writers for not making Sheldon and Penny a couple.

I'm waiting for the topic fairy to teleport this to the Penny character thread. It's a real thing, you know. Unlike the necessity to categorise Penny as stupid when compared to elite intellectuals. The point is they play contrasts for jokes. Sheldon did not think to order in soup, for instance.

Your wait is over.  Posts have been moved to the "Penny" thread in the "The Show" forum.

• Like 1

I wasn't comparing the relationship itself, more the actual place they are in the relationship and Leonard up until now has always had to wait for penny, the Lenny fans don't really see it like we do

The major difference with Lenny and Shamy is that, though one partner is ready to move forward, they are thwarted by the differing attachment styles of their SO. Though they appear similar, Sheldon is a classic dismissive-avoidant and Penny quite possibly (was) a fear-avoidant. (Google attachment theory for full description if interested.)

• Like 1

• 4 weeks later...

So do I! I don't like her character because it seems like she is inbetween the line for geek and cool. I've HATED every single episode she's been in. And she's just plain ugly. If they could just cut all ties with her and everyone else in the Big Bang Theory... that would be great!!!  

• Like 1