The Big Bang Theory Forums
Sign in to follow this  
Trendkilla

Wishes for season 5

I wish that Priya leaves for good, so we can get back to the akward relationship between Leonard and Penny. Its more fun to see the different characters struggle then succeed.

Amy leaves the show, I liked the idea about her being a seldom recurring character, but shes flat out annoying and its not like I want to see her and Sheldons realtionship evolve.

A development of Raj's character, after Howard and Bernadette got together, Raj just became this stupid borderline gay character, which luckily it appears the writers could see them self, and has toned it down a bit for the last episodes of season 4.

I hope to see some more of the GOOD recurring characters like Barry Kripke, Zack Johnson, Stuart, Dr. Beverly Hofstadter and Leslie Winkle.

I want to see them have more social akward situations. More geeky and job relatet stuff, and not the seldom WOW references of season 4.

Make it the funny geeky show it used to be, and not the dime-a-dozen "young adults relationship problems" show it has become.

What is your hope and whishes for season 5?

I am so Happy Raj finally got a Fling! His character does need development but if he were able to speak to women he would no longer be a nerd, he would be a super HOTTIE, so he may be stuck. I loved it when he took the pills and got naked!

Pria needs to go......dead weight eye candy.

I am still on the bar with Amy. I hated her now kind of growing on me except its not fair she gets to have hormones and Sheldon has none...a bit of a double standard for me but she may be the only thing that will keep Sheldon Human.

Penny needs to be back in the loop and I am happy to hear her characters lines reflect she has picked up on some of the facts the guys are throwing around. Hey she gets points for hanging with them all the time. I think she is a closet nerd like me.

Bernadette is a cutie but needs depth.

I think the three female characters make up one REAL woman so are necessary, I say this being a woman myself.

Howard deserves some serious love but his mother is hysterical so stay at home so we can keep her but he can keep his Playboy charm. Lets face it out of all the characters he does try the hardest with the ladies and get the luckiest. (Maybe because he does not have a Phd?)

Leonard, ah Leonard...the actor from Rosanne is what brought me to the show so I hold his hand and wish they would give him more great one liners, more shows written just around him (not his lactose intollerance) and flush out his past maybe to give him more character.

Sheldon is the center of the universe of course and I was finally happy to see he has discovered his hands! "Oh, my hands are magic." I like him just the way he is.

Thinking that there is going to be at least 7 seasons it might be too early for Leonard and Penny to get back together, unless it happens as the cliffhanger of Season 5. Anyway I would think Leonard would be a little annoyed at the Penny/Raj hookup. I would like to see Amy and Sheldon continue their relationship, but with baby steps. You can't change Raj, he can't start to speak to women, I would like to see his character evolve, but can't see how that can happen without changing him. Howard is a fav of mine, and I like him and Bernadette, perhaps they could just move in together and the homour could come from that. I know they did a little about it earlier, but more involved would be good, and yes where have Barry Kripke and Lesley Winkle disappeared to?

Hmmmm, Leslie Winkle. One character I love to hate. If she were a real person, I would hate her guts, but she has brought in some very funny elements to the show. I do miss the "dumb-ass" banter between her and Sheldon.

1. Bring back Leslie Winkle!

2. Let Amy Farrah Fowler stay and her relationship with Sheldon flourish. (Which does not mean I'd like Sheldon to become more human. Who said one needs emotions to be in a relationship? ;) )

3. More Stuart. More comic book shop.

4. Let Howard get his PhD.

5. Stop stupefying Raj. He's an astrophysicist, for God's sake, and from time to time the writers could give him a line which wouldn't make him a complete idiot.

6. Bring back the jokes based on 'the clash of beliefs' (does Penny still believe in horoscopes?). Stop toilet humour.

7. More science, a little less popculture. (OK, it may seem contradictory to 3., but I like Stuart as a character and his shop as a setting, not comic books as such.) This used to be the show about geeks/nerds, not kidults.

Yeah I forgot Leslie Winkle, and a PhD for Howard could be cool. But not a relationship between Amy and Sheldon, it just goes against everything thats been established about him up and until now. (leaving it, and saveing it for the "I hate Amy" thread) But most importantly make it about geeks. ;)

Sheldon and Amy getting more serious and I hope that all in all, the show will come back to the level of first three season ;).

More penny! This season she seems to have been almost like an extra, with Leanord and Priya, Howard and Bernadette etc. she's just drifted into the background and apart from the odd girls night she's only seen when they're eating.

I hope Priya goes for good, she's served her purpose now and I think it's time for her to move on. Not necessarily for Leanord and Penny to get back together but if she became a permanent fixture then I can't see things really 'evolving' much.

2. Let Amy Farrah Fowler stay and her relationship with Sheldon flourish. (Which does not mean I'd like Sheldon to become more human. Who said one needs emotions to be in a relationship? ;) )

5. Stop stupefying Raj. He's an astrophysicist, for God's sake, and from time to time the writers could give him a line which wouldn't make him a complete idiot.

6. Bring back the jokes based on 'the clash of beliefs' (does Penny still believe in horoscopes?). Stop toilet humour.

7. More science, a little less popculture. (OK, it may seem contradictory to 3., but I like Stuart as a character and his shop as a setting, not comic books as such.) This used to be the show about geeks/nerds, not kidults.

Everything on this list. Oh, and perhaps bring back the 'on the prowl' version of Howard.

Agreed on the "on the prowl" Howard. Good stuff, there.

Would like to see Sheldon's internet and cable go out in their building for a week to see what happens.

Need more Penny nips!

More guys' game night.

More guys' special project night (robot arm, laser off moon, etc...).

More convention road trips.

Everything on this list. Oh, and perhaps bring back the 'on the prowl' version of Howard.

AGREE WITH VARIATIONS: Need emotions to be in intimate relationship...seems they don't need this part which is fine but Amy has raging hormones..its just a matter of time before she acts on them with someone..her research will push her to it...trust me.

Um....Serious planetary Professional Astrology is more accurate than the PRACTICE of psychology...Just my opinion...and experience.

Agree less kidults...love the word...but am a professed Kidult!

OH and GO TEAM RAJ...Yeah Astrophysicist is human (hormones/tweaks) but they are not making him multidimentional at all....he needs development...am hoping for it.

Kudos on self-realization of contradiction on comic shop...get your direction..love Sheldon's science rants, miss-understanding of social graces and communication...Penny helps him quite a bit...she is so good for him in this respect. Sheldon needs a team C-men. He is the Bomb though..my fav character.

Howard needs his PhD. His hormones keep his blood in wrong place....cliche. He is wicked smart and though I love Mrs. W, he needs to pull away not marry a woman just like her. Again Just my Op.

I agree with the wish for more science as opposed to more popculture. Some more cool Sheldon experiments would be great.

I like Howard not having his PhD. Kinda keeps him as the "odd man out".

I think i'm the odd one out here, but I actually like Priya so i'd like her to stay. Amy i'm torn on, she does add some funny elements to the show, but I think she'd be better as a less frequent character.

Howard and Bernadette should stay together and get married I think.

Definitely more Leslie winkle, i love her interactions with sheldon especially.

I don't want howard to get his PhD I agree with netmouse, its fun having him the odd one out.

I watched a SE04 ep before work. The one where Amy has a crush on Zack. I actually found myself liking her a little more. I think it was mostly due to her one-liners not being so "over the top" in their sexual connotations.

I liked this Amy.

Make it so the whole Raj/Penny was a bad dream and never happened. That's a must for me otherwise goodbye.

Bring the focus back to the main cast (the guys and Penny), it's not that I don't like the girlfriends and friends but there's so many now that episodes can seem a little crowded. Space them out and use them well dont chuck them into every episode just for the sake of it.

Back to the geeky and less of the sleazy. Hopefully with Two and a Half Men coming back the writers won't have any built up sleaze they need to let out on TBBT. Let's face it all that Penny hasnt done is offer the guys a gang bang and I wouldn't put that past them to have that ready for next seasons finale.

As for Howard's PHD, I think it would be fun to have a flash back to see all the times he's tried to get his thesis approved (they've never said why he doesn't have one, that I can remember) only to be denied because of the project's Howardness.

How about Glenn (Bernadette's BF from ep. 4.13) coming back for one episode and trying to get back with her. It could be hilarious watching Howard trying to stand up to him.

As they're both scientists, it could take place on various levels.

As for Howard's PHD, I think it would be fun to have a flash back to see all the times he's tried to get his thesis approved (they've never said why he doesn't have one, that I can remember) only to be denied because of the project's Howardness.

Brilliant idea ! I would watch this.

True, Howard doesn't require a PhD to work as an engineer in the series.

In the episode when Leonard cuts his hand on the asparagus jar, there is the scene where Raj asks to see his stitches.

Howard dry retches at the sight and Raj says something along the lines of "answering once and for all why Howard flunked out of medical school" Which hints that perhaps Howard was once pursuing a career that required a PhD ?

1. Make it so Penny and Raj didn't sleep together.

2. More science / geek stuff.

3. Less relationship conflict stuff.

4. Get Leonard and Penny back together. They had the highest ratings when they were a couple.

5. Have Raj finally come out of the closet. Maybe then he'll be able to talk to women.

@4ofN: I disagree with point 5. That's what makes Raj funny. Point 1, can't say since I've not watched that episode. Points 2 and 3, yes. Point 4, hmm... not sure, but you're basing that one on quantitative measures that I don't really care much about.