Best final episode of a TV show

netmouse

The final episode of MASH is a fave. Sheldon-fact: to this day it remains the most watched final episode in television history.

Saw the final episode of Family Ties. They cut back to a shot of the audience and the cast individually come out and take a bow. It was nice. Pity the show wasn't very funny.

For the Brits amongst us, the final episode of The Good Life was filmed live AND Queen Elizabeth II was in the audience to watch it.

I loved watching M*A*S*H. When I visited LA a few years back, my cousin took me to the old M*A*S*H site and we sat in a rusty old jeep for photos. :D

To change tack slightly, I thought the final episode of Quantum Leap was crap. I really loved that show but they made a mess of finishing it up.

I was going to mention a show with a great finale, but lost my train of thought while talking about M*A*S*H :(

The Young Ones was interesting, for want of a better word. All heading out on a summer holiday in a big red bus, going over a cliff, landing safely for a second, shouting "phew, that was close!" then the bus blowing up. I did enjoy that show, but my parents hated it with a passion. :D

The Young Ones had their 15 minutes of fame. I loved the "Bottom" series that Rik Mayall and Ade Edmundson did afterwards. "Filthy, Rich and Catflap" was also a cack.

I have a cassette album by Nigel Planer (who played Neil) The amoeba song was an instant hit back in 91

• 3 weeks later...