The Big Bang Theory Forums
Sign in to follow this  
Is It Just Me or Is There A Wizard of Oz Theme?

OK question, is it just me or do others see a Wizard of Oz theme in the 4 main characters of TBBT. Hear me out:

Leonard has the Heart: The Tin Man

Sheldon has the Brain: The Scarecrow

Howard has the Courage: The Lion

Raj? Is he Dorothy...always dreaming? But Penny is Dorothy right so put a few drinks in Raj and he can be Toto humping my leg.

I was going to say:

Sheldon needs a heart: The Tin Man

Raj needs Courage: The Lion

Leonard needs: A Brain? Not really but lives with his heart not mind.

Howard may be Toto..humping my leg...lol..gotta love him.

Penny is Dorothy for sure...She even has the yellow brick road blonde hair..and always trying to find Home (acting career) but stuck in Oz with the guys who love her..awwwwwwwwwwww

Aloha Karma

That's a very clever analogy, Karma.

Sheldon is soooooo the Tin Man !!

Didn't the other characters compare him to C3PO at one time?:icon_cheesygrin:

Yeah, when the boys are playing the guessing game, Leonard is thinking of C3P0 and Raj asks if it is like "a big shiny Sheldon"

Penny also refers to Sheldon as a robot a couple of times.

I think the big praying mantis description is one of the most accurate. Or the "pompous east texan blowhole" as Leslie Winkle likes to call him.

Wizard of Oz analogy............

Penny - Dorothy

Wolowitz - Always made fun of for having only a Master's degree - no brains

Leonard - unlucky in matters of the heart

Koothrapali - can't talk to girls - zip on bravery

Sheldon- The Professor/The Doorman (Penny Penny Penny)/The Wizard of Oz

Dorothy's apartment is Kansas

The one across the hall - the wierd one - is The Land of Oz

:-)

We have been down this road before.

Paint her face green and she looks IDENTICAL to the wicked witch in the Wizard of Oz. And she was supposed to be ugly. You know it's true.

I have to admit, that's pretty damn funny.

Oo, Oo, Wizard of Oz dream episode!

Amy as the wicked witch.

Penny as Dorothy

Leonard as the scarecrow

Sheldon as the tin man

Howard as the cowardly lion

Bernadette as the good witch of the north.

Raj as one of the flying monkeys

I can just hear Amy saying to Penny: "I'll get you, my pretty!"

Just need to find a bunch of munchkins.

Wizard of Oz analogy............

Penny - Dorothy

Wolowitz - Always made fun of for having only a Master's degree - no brains

Leonard - unlucky in matters of the heart

Koothrapali - can't talk to girls - zip on bravery

Sheldon- The Professor/The Doorman (Penny Penny Penny)/The Wizard of Oz

Dorothy's apartment is Kansas

The one across the hall - the wierd one - is The Land of Oz

:-)

I think you are right on with Penny,Leonard,Raj,and Howard. But I believe Sheldon could only be The All Knowing Wizard. I can really,really see Amy saying "Ill Get you, and your little dog too" (I don't believe The Wicked Witch ever says Toto's name). I can also see Bernadette being Glinda with her blond hair and especially with her voice. HOWEVER if I can put reality into a fantasy of a sitcom, I would have Amy taking the part of Glinda because Amy would never hurt her "Bestie", Amy. That leaves Bernadette as the Wicked Witch. Remember what happened to the Beatles when John Lennon married Yoko Ono (it was the beginning of the end of the Beatles). Not to mention the fact that most single people tend to gravitate to other singles. While most married couples have more things in common with other married couples. I think Bernadette is the beginning of the end for the Fearful Four. :icon_confused: WELTSCHMERZ

Has someone made this BBT/Wizard of Oz idea into a crossover fic cause if so I'd like to read it. :)

I'd read it too. I would love to see it as maybe a dream sequence in an up coming show. :icon_confused: WELTSCHMERZ

Has someone made this BBT/Wizard of Oz idea into a crossover fic cause if so I'd like to read it. :)

I'd read it too. I would love to see it as maybe a dream sequence in an up coming show. :icon_confused: WELTSCHMERZ

I might give it a shot. I did a fan fiction a while back, and got a little discouraged, because I only ever got one review, (probably because I had no reputation whatsoever). But if I know I have a couple readers, I might do one. When I edited the picture, I even considered getting some people together and doing a goofy thing to post on youtube.

I even have some friends that would make a pretty good Sheldon, and Amy. And he has some theatre experience like me.

But if I even want to think about that I'll have to have a script first.

Ya gotta admit that the resemblence IS stunning

357165-wicked_witch_of_the_west_2.jpgtumblr_lznlhfKcil1r2ezt9o4_400.jpg

I can't tell if you're being sarcastic or not. While with the right costume and makeup, Mayim would obviously be a good fit, she's also uncommonly pretty, and nothing like the witch.

To quote Peter S. Beagle "it's like saying a snowflake looks like a cow."

I can't tell if you're being sarcastic or not. While with the right costume and makeup, Mayim would obviously be a good fit, she's also uncommonly pretty, and nothing like the witch.

You, on the other hand, are obviously being sarcastic. Good One!:icon_lol:

People are not used to seeing prominent noses like Mayim's. Everyone on TV has them 'corrected'.

I might give it a shot. I did a fan fiction a while back, and got a little discouraged, because I only ever got one review, (probably because I had no reputation whatsoever). But if I know I have a couple readers, I might do one. When I edited the picture, I even considered getting some people together and doing a goofy thing to post on youtube.

I even have some friends that would make a pretty good Sheldon, and Amy. And he has some theatre experience like me.

DJVANG, If you write it I'll read it. If you youtube it I'll watch it. I for one don't care about "reputation". Just because you're new doesn't mean you don't have something great to contribute! More people should remember when they were just starting out.

I think you were after themightylin, walnutcowboy :icon_cheesygrin:. And I agree, please do the YouTube thing if you can arrange it. Cool! :icon_cool:

Yes, MOONBASE the thread was meant for THEMIGHTYLIN. I have to remember to use the "quick reply" instead of the "reply". Thanks for letting me know my mistake.

DJVANG, If you write it I'll read it. If you youtube it I'll watch it. I for one don't care about "reputation". Just because you're new doesn't mean you don't have something great to contribute! More people should remember when they were just starting out.

Yes, I'm just brand new to writing BBT fics myself and I wasn't even going to write any, but I had a few ideas and posted them here and people said that I should and now i have over 100 reviews for my fic I'm still in shock!! In fact when I hit 101 I thought about what Sheldon said to amy when he hit 101 twitter followers :icon_lol: so yeah I'm trying not to get big head about it cause I still have no idea what i'm doing trying to be a writer, but I LOVE THESE CHARACTERS SO MUCH I HAD TO GIVE IT A TRY !! lol

I'm not really sure who would be the best "Lion", but I love the yin-yangish thing going on between Howard and Raj: Raj is terrified to speak to women while Howard needs a special stick with which to pry him off of them.