The Big Bang Theory Forums
Sign in to follow this  
Tripper

The Big Bang Theory receives two nominations at Critics' Choice Awards

The Big Bang Theory was nominated for two Critics' Choice Television Awards by the Broadcast Television Journalists Association. The show received a nomination in the Best Comedy Series category, while star Jim Parsons got a nod in the Best Actor in a Comedy Series category.

The Big Bang Theory is up against Archer, Community, Glee, Louie, The Middle, Modern Family, The Office, Parks and Recreation and 30 Rock. Modern Family is the lead contender with six nominations.

On the acting side, Jim Parsons faces competition from Alec Baldwin (30 Rock)

Steve Carell (The Office), Louis C.K. (Louie), Charlie Day (It's Always Sunny in Philadelphia) and Joel McHale (Community).

The inaugural Critics' Choice Awards will be presented June 20 and will be streamed live on VH1.com. Highlights will air June 22 on the Reelz Channel. The event is a spin-off from the Critics Choice Movie Awards and promises to be a more streamlined version of the Emmys.

http://the-big-bang-theory.com/story/1585/Critics-nominate-Big-Bang-for-two-awards/

Thanks for posting. Looking forward to it. Jim stands a real chance, given his earlier Emmy and Globes wins.

Yeah, agreed, I think Jim Parsons is in for the win. Don't know about the show overall, though. Glee seems to have a fairly strong following. I don't understand the fuss with Community... pretty over-rated IMO. The Middle and Modern Family are becoming faves. Will be interesting to see who gets it.

Maybe TBBT needs to release a soundtrack album and a Wii game... seems to be working for Glee ><

Yeah, agreed, I think Jim Parsons is in for the win. Don't know about the show overall, though. Glee seems to have a fairly strong following. I don't understand the fuss with Community... pretty over-rated IMO. The Middle and Modern Family are becoming faves. Will be interesting to see who gets it.

Maybe TBBT needs to release a soundtrack album and a Wii game... seems to be working for Glee ><

TBBT actually released a board game, I saw the link somewhere. It doesn't look all that interesting, though, at a glance.

Net Mouse! You have the best ideas! Yes Marketing is Key! I just watched the episode that ended with Sheldon singing at the piano Bar Penny was working at: season 1. He has a good voice...Lets have a funny physics song...hey if "Grandma got run over by a Reindeer" could do so well..why not? As for the game...so cool. I would love to pick a character and play in a virtual Sims type game of TBBT. I have dreams I am in the episodes..its bizarre. I also want to find more Sheldon Shirts and show paraphernalia! Looking for the TV Bar Code one Sheldon wears. So happy about the accolades, nominations per se for the show and actor....its a winner, trophy or not.

Aloha

Yeah, Jim did piano lessons for 14 years. If you watch his interview with Letterman, he tells an amusing story of one of his recital experiences.

Yeah, Jim did piano lessons for 14 years. If you watch his interview with Letterman, he tells an amusing story of one of his recital experiences.

He seems to be a bit of a musical genius, if he was telling the truth that he didn't know how to play the harmonica beforehand when Craig gave him one. And as soon as he put it to his mouth, he promptly started playing a merry tune!

Also, I hear that the theremin is pretty tough, and he played it himself on the show.