Season 4 DVD and Blu-Ray

Tripper

The Big Bang Theory: Season 4 is coming to DVD and Blu-Ray this September. The 24-episode season will be presented with these bonus features: Actor on Actor: The Big Bang's Theory of Relativity Featurette, which features the cast interviewing each other; The Barenaked Ladies on Big Bang Theory Featurette, featuring an interview with the band behind the themesong as they record a music video; The History of Everything, the music video made by the Barenaked Ladies for the themesong; and a gag reel.

United States and Canada:

Release Date: September 13

Pre-order the DVD at Amazon.com

Pre-order the Blu-Ray at Amazon.com

United Kingdom:

Release Date: September 26

Pre-order the DVD at Amazon.co.uk

Worth it if you've got the blu-ray player/true HDtv to support it. I recently watched the blu-ray copy of District 9... must admit you can definitely see the difference.

I've got my pre order in with Amazon for the standard edition dvd. Whilst I whole-heartedly support the rise of blu-ray, alas I cannot justify the expense of upgrading my visual gear to true HD right now.

Worthless trivia... several years ago, there was a huge "war" with regards to what was considered the "true" high-def resolution. 1080 eventually defeated 720

• 1 month later...

Worth it if you've got the blu-ray player/true HDtv to support it. I recently watched the blu-ray copy of District 9... must admit you can definitely see the difference.

I've got my pre order in with Amazon for the standard edition dvd. Whilst I whole-heartedly support the rise of blu-ray, alas I cannot justify the expense of upgrading my visual gear to true HD right now.

Yeah, Just recently bought Blu ray player but HD tv will have to wait till next year. Therefore I pre ordered the standard DVD S4 ( & Team Sheldon hoodie :) ) at Amazon cause all the other seasons I have on DVD as well.

I did however see a slight improvement with playing normal dvd's in my bly ray player.

• 1 month later...

Does anyone have any idea why only the DVD will come to amazon.co.uk or for that matter to amazon.de?

I really wanna know the reason why I watch TV commercials here and with new movies it's common to hear "Coming soon on DVD and Blue Ray". But when it's about a TV Series new Season it "Out now, on DVD". No trace of Blu Ray. Why is TV on Blu Ray rarer to find than a four leafed clover?

It just doesnt make sense.

Does anyone have any idea why only the DVD will come to amazon.co.uk or for that matter to amazon.de?

I really wanna know the reason why I watch TV commercials here and with new movies it's common to hear "Coming soon on DVD and Blue Ray". But when it's about a TV Series new Season it "Out now, on DVD". No trace of Blu Ray. Why is TV on Blu Ray rarer to find than a four leafed clover?

It just doesnt make sense.

In Germany it's interesting because they're a bit behind, but they are releasing the show on Blu-ray. TBBT Season 3 is coming in October on DVD and Blu-ray in Germany. Maybe they'll release on both when they get to Season 4.

As far as Amazon.co.uk goes, I don't know why they choose not to release the Blu-ray in the UK & Ireland. Maybe low demand? :icon_confused:

For what it's worth, anybody in Europe would be able to import The Big Bang Theory: Season 4 Blu-ray from Australia or New Zealand where it's being released on October 5th, as it would be Region B which is also used in Europe.

Another option, assuming you've got a region free dvd player, is just grab it off Amazon America. They despatch to the UK and you will probably find (as I did) that it is cheaper to get it from the US.

For anyone wanting to get it from Australia, it is retailing here for $40AU

Ezydvd ships worldwide for $12AU

I'm not sold on HD TV either. I can just about see the case for some dramas, but for sitcoms? :icon_confused: I guess if you already have an HD TV and watch the show in HD, it would seem silly to be spending on a DVD to watch it in a lesser quality than what you're used to.