In Memoriam: Mike (walnutcowboy) has passed away

Season 4 DVD and Blu-Ray

Tripper

I'm not a HD-ophile and really don't see the big fuss about it.

However, I will cite two examples where HD looks absolutely sensational...

1/ In the game Elder Scrolls 4:Oblivion

2/ The movie "District 9"

Otherwise... meh, I see no need for it. And as Tracer said, there's nothing in TBBT to warrant the higher resolution.

• 2 weeks later...

@Jacks: Amazon mail pre order stuff out early a lot of the time. Usually just a couple of days early. I once received a pre order 2 weeks prior to release.. I was pretty happy with that.

The season 4 gag reel is very good, btw.

enjoy :D

@Jacks: Amazon mail pre order stuff out early a lot of the time. Usually just a couple of days early. I once received a pre order 2 weeks prior to release.. I was pretty happy with that.

The season 4 gag reel is very good, btw.

enjoy :D

Hey don't get me wrong, I love getting stuff like that early! Makes me happy as well.

And I surely will :icon_cheesygrin:

Watched the extra's on S4 discs, must say I liked the actors inteviewing their co actors!

Gag reel was ok, not as funny as the others from first couple of seasons though.

Am very happy I pre ordered trough Amazon UK as now I paid: £14.99 = 17,50Euro

My sis saw new Season 4 in stores here over the weekend & it retails in store for: 45Euro = £38.78

Now that is saving money!!

The season 4 dvd set features one of the longer gag reels out of the series so far.

I quite enjoyed the two instances where the cast react to the audience's enthausiasm during the two scenes.

Kunal really doesn't do comedy very well outside of his Raj character, imo. Once again, his pairing with Simon falls flat as his sense of humour struggles to get a laugh, especially during the cast interviewing one another bit.

Wil Wheaton does a great job mediating the Comic Con panel (once he finishes feeding the egos of the cast, producers, and himself)

The Barenaked Ladies bit is ok. Great song, great band. Kaley highlighting the lyric "they freezed their asses off" reminded me of a small kid who hears a line from a song that has swearing in it, and that's the only line they know as a result.

Overall, the gag reel is gold. The rest of the extras feel more like filling.

got mine thursday and so far watched the first 3 seasons just started season 4 its a real eye opener our broadcaster (E4) has been tell me fibs there are episodes on all seasons i watched so far that i aint seen before at least now things are starting to make sense now

@quiet: Channel 9 Australia aired season 4 episodes soooooo out of order it was pathetic.

Although I source my BBT through other means so as to stay within a day of the US airings, I did have friends who watched it on commercial tv and complained that they were showing the season out of sequence.

Back to the dvd set... I loved that they edited around Jim Parsons laughing, and left the scene when Sheldon throws the roommate agreement in the air and the one piece of paper lands on his shoulder.

One of those one in a million chance happy accidents :D

well, I have seen the season 4!

-and it was a positive surprise!

Season 4 is much more positive, and fun, than season 3. Okay, it is not as outrageously funny as season one, but then, every comedy show loses it momentum after first few seasons.

downpoits for me were:

-too much characters. Six main characters works (like in friends) but in season 4, this limit is exceeded and at times there are eight main characters, which is way too much to keep the show coherent.

-nerds are less nerdy. Yes, all the nerds have lost much of their nerdiness on season 4. Sheldon is still sheldon,but the others are very regular dudes now. Which is a bit boring...

but still, a great season.

• 2 weeks later...

@schrodinger: CBS have signed on for 7 seasons. Many will say that the series could be "cut short" at any time, but hey, as long as it's still killing the ratings every week and Jim's winning Emmys, I think we'll get the full quota.

• 3 weeks later...