I only saw the recent ones (first one was when Christopher Eccleston was the Doctor) and I really like it. Best Doctor for me was David Tennant.

It's a shame about Elisabeth Sladen though, because I'd heard that she'd died. RIP

I agree, big fan of Tennant, I think the series is getting boring: new doctor and running out of ideas

• 2 months later...
  • Replies 70
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Posts

The DOCTOR is in starting in Sept.

Hello, I am not really into Doctor Who. I saw one or two episodes (an very old and a new one) and thought ... its not that good. So maybe the fans could name their best episodes and what they love

My theory is that some people were born with their head up their ass, and never bothered to remove it.

I'm just getting tired of waiting. I've checked and 5 more episodes til we lose Amy & Rory. total of 6 episodes for this year including the CHRISTmas story. Then I believe 6 more for next year. NOT ENOUGH.

Guest I'm not dead Cheryl

I'm just getting tired of waiting. I've checked and 5 more episodes til we lose Amy & Rory. total of 6 episodes for this year including the CHRISTmas story. Then I believe 6 more for next year. NOT ENOUGH.

it's the curse of being a Doctor Who/Sherlock fan

• 1 month later...
Guest I'm not dead Cheryl

Good Bye, AMY and RORY POND.

My wife cried and I teared up quite a bit.

I was a crying mess all saturday. Yesterday, I rewatched it, and I cried again. That episode broke me.

I agree. It's too bad that Karen doesn't want to ever come back, which is why the show ended the way it did. At least with Rose we got to see her a few more times. But what made this last show SOO perfect was "last page".

I cried a lot during the last episode... But then I was able to watch it again no problem without tears. What I love the most is that Amy and Rory went out together, and got to live out their lives together. I was most worried that they'd get separated somehow, so all in all I'm happy with how they went out.

• 1 year later...

I was really into Doctor Who as a teenager. I even got a tattoo when I was 16. I stopped watching it around Matt Smith's second season and now I'm saddled with a tattoo of a show I don't really watch anymore. It's a good job it's relatively small.

Christopher Eccleston is my favourite Doctor. David Tennant was fine, but annoying. His fans don't help either. Some are ok, but the ones who go on about how "hot" he is and how 10/Rose were meant to be make it harder for me to appreciate him. They're basically the same fans who bitched about Peter Capaldi not being young or hot enough. I think I'll watch the first episode with him to see how he is.

Edited by ConsuelaBananahammock

Omg Peter Capaldi is SO AWESOME! I love the new feel and the overall tone and Capaldi's doctor is amazing...it's like they took the best parts of all the other doctors plus I hate to say this, and spit out this really Scottish, really manic, really intense edgy Doctor. Just wow...

I was so looking forward to watching this,  it was shown here in Australia at exactly the same time as it showed in the UK, so that meant I had to get up at 4.20am to watch it on Sunday morning, which I did happily.  I loved Capaldi, but thought the first episode was a little too frantic at times, but I am so looking forward to Clara and the Doctor just getting used to each other and just get back to being to the business of saving the universe.

It was a mixed bag, but in general I liked "Deep Breath." Both it and Peter Capaldi's Doctor had a very "classic Who" vibe to them. I think the series needed to change direction in order to keep it fresh, and having Twelve veer away from the Tennant/Smith mold and being a "darker" (for lack of a better term) and more reserved and aloof Doctor could be a good thing.

I always enjoy seeing Vastra, Jenny, and Strax, but am I the only one who thought that Vastra was being a bit more "bitchy" than usual? And even though I adore Jenna Coleman, Strax pelting Clara with the Times made me laugh out loud (you can always count on Strax for some good comedy!). Finally, those closed-minded idiots who would bitch about the kiss between Vastra and Jenny (and there are plenty on the InterWebTubes who are currently doing so) can go suck a rotten egg.

A lot of people liked the cameo from Matt Smith at the end (it was shot when they were filming "The Time of the Doctor," apparently). Me, I could have taken it or left it; it's nice that Eleven helped Clara see that Twelve is still the Doctor, and that he needs her help more than ever, but honestly, the earlier conversation with Vastra and her subsequent interactions with Twelve could have accomplished the same thing. No big deal, really.

Only two real complaints here:

1) The episode d-r-a-g-g-e-d. I know that they wanted to make this an Event, and that they wanted a different pace from the frantic Tennant/Smith eras, but I still think that another run through the editing booth could have tightened it up a little.

2) The opening credits. The visuals were fine, and a nice change of pace, but the music sucked rancid pond water. I mean, it sounded like something you'd hear on a el-cheapo "scary Halloween music" CD that you could buy for $1 at your local dollar store! I've generally enjoyed Murray Gold's take on the Doctor Who theme (the one used in series 1-3 is still my all-time favorite), but IMHO this is a rare misfire for him.

It was a mixed bag, but in general I liked "Deep Breath." Both it and Peter Capaldi's Doctor had a very "classic Who" vibe to them. I think the series needed to change direction in order to keep it fresh, and having Twelve veer away from the Tennant/Smith mold and being a "darker" (for lack of a better term) and more reserved and aloof Doctor could be a good thing.

I always enjoy seeing Vastra, Jenny, and Strax, but am I the only one who thought that Vastra was being a bit more "bitchy" than usual? And even though I adore Jenna Coleman, Strax pelting Clara with the Times made me laugh out loud (you can always count on Strax for some good comedy!). Finally, those closed-minded idiots who would bitch about the kiss between Vastra and Jenny (and there are plenty on the InterWebTubes who are currently doing so) can go suck a rotten egg.

A lot of people liked the cameo from Matt Smith at the end (it was shot when they were filming "The Time of the Doctor," apparently). Me, I could have taken it or left it; it's nice that Eleven helped Clara see that Twelve is still the Doctor, and that he needs her help more than ever, but honestly, the earlier conversation with Vastra and her subsequent interactions with Twelve could have accomplished the same thing. No big deal, really.

1) The episode d-r-a-g-g-e-d. I know that they wanted to make this an Event, and that they wanted a different pace from the frantic Tennant/Smith eras, but I still think that another run through the editing booth could have tightened it up a little.

2) The opening credits. The visuals were fine, and a nice change of pace, but the music sucked rancid pond water. I mean, it sounded like something you'd hear on a el-cheapo "scary Halloween music" CD that you could buy for $1 at your local dollar store! I've generally enjoyed Murray Gold's take on the Doctor Who theme (the one used in series 1-3 is still my all-time favorite), but IMHO this is a rare misfire for him.

Thank you! Loved the episode and Capaldi in general but that new intro (music and visuals) is atrocious.

Thank you! Loved the episode and Capaldi in general but that new intro (music and visuals) is atrocious.

Eh, the visuals weren't bad (they were based on a fan-created opening credits scene; the guy even got a nod in the closing credits). I've seen worse; think the Sylvester McCoy years! But that music... *puke*

Sent from my Samsung Galaxy S3 using Tapatalk

I have to agree with the "dragging" aspect.  The bit where he was looking in the garbage for something was a little too long winded for me.

I too laughed at the Times hit,  he got her a good one it was a wonder there were no bumps on her head.  

Enjoyed episode two much better than one,  but more Doctor please, less Clara.

Edited by Convict13

Anyone know of any Doctor Who books aimed at, or that would appeal to, kids? I've got a 9 year old Whovian who is rapidly convincing himself he doesn't like books or reading. I thought some of you in the UK, in particular, might have seen more titles than we do here across the pond. Picture books, kid chapter books / easy novels, episode guides, cool trivia, etc. all welcome. Please PM me details. Thx!

I honestly didn't expect it to be this good. I mean, it's good, and I'm enjoying each episode, but the passion for it has gone if I'm honest.
But I really like Peter Capaldi. I liked Matt, but I hated the direction Moffat was taking 11. I mean, I'm sick of "Last of the Time Lords Angst". It was just constant, and not to mention all the flirting all the time.
I have a lot of faith in Capaldi as 12.

And yes, I've read the DW books :)