Tony Awards - The Normal Heart

BazingaGirl

I wish he gets to know about this Broadway World win; I'm not sure he does, since this isn't really an important award. All that gets mentioned is that he didn't even get a nomination in the Tony.

Of course the whole experience has been so rewarding that he's very happy anyway, but he would be even happier if he knew that he got some personal recognition too.

I think it's really good that he's doing theatre. I'm sure he's eternally grateful for TBBT, but it must be very difficult for him to shake off the Sheldon-shackles. He needs to do other stuff to avoid being typecast as Sheldon

I'd love to see some of Kunal's work in Indian theatre. Better still, some of the plays he has written. Apparently he is well known in India for his stageplays. hmmmm... google challenge detected.

Do any of you know.. do these theater shows ever make it to dvd? I always hear about these excellent plays that a lot of my favorite celebs do when they're not making films or tv., or even that a lot of them got their start in theater, but aside from actually attending any of these plays in person there doesn't seem to be a way to see them. Thanks for any info :)

I did find a cool clip..

Fix0red :)

Didn't know Mark Harelik (Dr. Eric Gablehauser) was in it too. Man I'd really like to see this.

@subatomic dickens

It may get released to dvd one day, or someone might make a film version of it. They've done it with a lot of broadway shows lately. Chicago/Hairspray come to mind as recent additions.

I would suggest keeping an eye on a site like imdb.com

I don't know if Apple still do this, but they used to have every preview trailer to any film coming out in the near future posted on their site for streaming. Been awhile since I've checked though.

One other option could be to email the theatre company and just ask them. I've done that before.

There are discussions on the Broadway forum asking if TNH is likely to be taped and brought out on DVD. Most people seem to think not. There is a planned film version with Mark Ruffalo, but of course that will be entirely different in terms of cast.

Kunal was one of the writers on a critically acclaimed play called Cotton Candy. I've just read about it, didn't get a chance to see it. He didn't act in it though.

Nice... thanks for the info, Pomita.

I have become quite the theatre buff over the past couple of years. We don't have broadway here in Australia, but Melbourne's theatre community is quite strong. We have 3 major theatres that have something running year round.

We currently have Dr Zhivago Rock Of Ages and the sequel to Phantom. We're getting Addamms Family and apparently Cats next year.

My sis went and saw Addamms Family in NY earlier this year and said it was great.

Oh wow, the Addams Family. Had no idea it had been turned into a stage show. Hope it comes down this way. Otherwise another trip across the ditch may be in order!! :D After all, I did hop to Melbourne to see Mary Poppins. Well worth it.

Thanks netmouse and Pomita.

Honestly I had a feeling it was a long shot at best, but I figured it was worth asking. Looks like IMDb has a 2014 release listed, but in-line with what Pomita said, it will most likely consist of an entirely different cast. Dag nabbit.

Looks like I picked the wrong year to be too broke to go to New York :icon_mrgreen: