• Replies 1.1k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Posts

Darling sweetpea Dunja... there is always room.

Can we please find room in the Garden of Tranquility for Dunja, my daughter's dog, who had to cross the Rainbow bridge this afternoon? 

Wheeeeeeeeeeeee! Woohooooooo! *boing!* *petals everywhere*   

Posted Images

Yes,tis I !

The BBT forum selfishly ATE my id,password, etc and the re-validation key doesn't work  :icon_evil:  :icon_evil:  :icon_evil:  :icon_evil:

No, back to the matters on hand....MARSHMALLOWS! Eat them OR ELSE.

Edited by MrsToad

Yes,tis I !The BBT forum selfishly ATE my id,password, etc and the re-validation key doesn't work  :icon_evil:  :icon_evil:  :icon_evil:  :icon_evil: No, back to the matters on hand....MARSHMALLOWS! Eat them OR ELSE.

Poor MrsToad..! *hug* And thank you for adding me as a friend! :) Am eating some of the marshmallows! :D

As we all leave screaming in terror (from your wrath) down YOUR hill, I will leave you with these parting words.... ."YOUR HILL, YOUR MESS!"

UNLESS you are willing to share your hill with us, and in return, we will share our hot coco (warmed up from the camp fire on YOUR hill), mini marshmallows (which when eaten will no longer leave a mess), TONS & TONS of whipped cream (the good stuff), and just brought in popcorn and/or Cracker Jacks (some with the caffeine added).

What say you OH Mighty and Wise Borg Queen (with the new name)?

Edited by walnutcowboy

As we all leave screaming in terror (from your wrath) down YOUR hill, I will leave you with these parting words.... ."YOUR HILL, YOUR MESS!" UNLESS you are willing to share your hill with us, and in return, we will share our hot coco (warmed up from the camp fire on YOUR hill), mini marshmallows (which when eaten will no longer leave a mess), TONS & TONS of whipped cream (the good stuff), and just brought in popcorn and/or Cracker Jacks (some with the caffeine added).  What say you OH Mighty and Wise Borg Queen (with the new name)?

Not to mention TBBT DVDs! And the cookies! And the brownies!

Yes, I shall share my bounty you minions, you lesser peons ! Eat! Drink ! Until your bellies bulge and your loins spew forth unrequited rainbows of brown,orage,yellow and other such warm colors !

*cheers*

Yes, yes, do not bother me with thy adulation; I already know I AM THE BEST.

(and Queen of the Hill  :icon_mrgreen: )

Eat,drink,be merry .....THEN BUGGER OFF ! 

PS I had a fluffer-nutter sandwich earlier and thought of you guys ! I SERIOUSLY need to get my head examined... :icon_lol:

• Like 1

....OK you are the one that needs your head examined, tee hee hee

Fluffer Nutter Sandwich (Wikipedia) :

Fluffernutter is a sandwich made with peanut butter and marshmallow creme, usually served on white bread. Variations of the sandwich include the substitution of wheat bread and the addition of various sweet, salty and savory ingredients. The term fluffernutter can also be used to describe other food items, primarily desserts, that incorporate peanut butter and marshmallow creme.

The sandwich was first created in the early 20th century after marshmallow creme, a sweet marshmallow-like spread, was invented in the U.S. state of MassachusettsArchibald Query ofSomerville, Massachusetts, invented a product he called Marshmallow Creme in 1917, and Emma and Amory Curtis of Melrose, Massachusetts, invented Snowflake Marshmallow Creme in 1913. During World War I, Emma Curtis published a recipe for a peanut butter and marshmallow creme sandwich, which is the earliest known example of a Fluffernutter. Meanwhile, Query sold his recipe to Durkee-Mower Inc., who renamed it Marshmallow Fluff and continues to sell it under that name today. The term Fluffernutter was created in 1960 by an advertising agency hired by Durkee-Mower to find a more effective way to market the peanut butter and marshmallow sandwich.

The sandwich is particularly popular in New England and has been proposed as the official state sandwich of Massachusetts. However, it has also sparked controversy because of its nutrition content and its possible contribution to childhood obesity.

Contents   [hide
[edit]Recipe and variations

A Fluffernutter is made by spreading peanut butter on a slice of white bread, then spreading an equal amount of marshmallow creme on another slice and finally combining them to form a sandwich.[1] Variations of the recipe include wheat bread instead of white,[2] Nutella hazelnut spread instead of peanut butter,[3] and the addition of sweet ingredients like bananas[4] or savory and salty ingredients like bacon.[5] Though often seen as a food for children,[6] the Fluffernutter recipe has been adapted to appeal to adult tastes. For example a New York caterer serves a Fluffernutter hors d'oeuvre in a toasted ice cream cone with a spoon of peanut butter and torched marshmallow creme on top.[7]

The term fluffernutter has also been used to describe other foods that feature peanut butter and marshmallow creme, including Fluffernutter cookies, bars and cupcakes.[8][9] Durkee-Mower, the company that produces Marshmallow Fluff, a brand of marshmallow creme, produces a cookbook that features recipes for Fluffernutter bars, frosting, pie and a shake.[10] In 2006, Brigham's Ice Cream and Durkee-Mower introduced a Fluffernutter flavor, which featured peanut butter and Marshmallow Fluff in vanilla ice cream.[11] Fluffernutter was also the name of a candy briefly produced by the Boyer Brothers candy company beginning in 1969.[12]

Fluffernutter.jpg