The Big Bang Theory Forums
Sign in to follow this  
Master-Sephiroth

King of the Hill

HA HA HA, @MissKitka, that's the way most people see Tumbleweeds, that or on TV. 

I've been thinking about doing an expanded story about Tumbleweeds, like my "WILD WALNUTS" story I did so long ago, it can be found in "DO YOU HAVE ANY PETS" in the CHIT CHIT ARENA. But if I did one about Tumble weeds, I'd probably do it here as they are no way pets.

What do you all think ?

THE LIFE CYCLE OF TUMBLEWEEDS

Tumbleweeds that are young and growing are harmless. Their stickers are soft and green. Their root system is very short and they are easily pulled out or you can get a shovel and cut them out. However, if you let a Tumbleweed mature you are in for trouble ! 

Tumbleweeds, when grown consist of tiny, usually three sided stickers, which are really seeds. These stickers will either fall off or attach to anything it comes in contact with. When adult are hard to pull out or shovel out. 

I have spent my entire life around Tumbleweeds, and as near as I can tell there are only two main types of Tumbleweeds. There are the Northern and the Southern type. I have never seen any Tumbleweeds go very far East or West.When they are traveling it is called migrating. There main migration is usually in the fall but it can happen any time of the year after a good rain then a dry spell.   I bring this up because when a Northern Tumbleweed ends up in Southern soil, and vice versa, the Tumbleweeds seem to grow bigger and stronger, while a Tumbleweeds that do not travel far produce much smaller Tumbleweeds. Which is what we usually used for The Tumbleweed Races.

While growing their young, the adult Tumbleweeds, protect their young. I believe this is why I was attacked, there was a small Tumbleweed under the one I was trying to set up for the next race. Under the right conditions, adults will protect the young in groups called herds. There have been many crashes on highways when an adult Tumbleweed flings itself onto the road at cars  trying to protect its young. However I could be wrong on that point. The Tumbleweeds may be being hit by cars to save time in sending their stickers/seeds to where they need to be. I have found Tumbleweed parts on my grill after many miles of hitting a Tumbleweed.

This will take more studying.

Thanks guys !

Since we have some WILD WALNUT Trees around the Resorts, I feel I can remind those that have not read my other story, funny enough it's about WILD WALNUTS. It can be found in The CHIT CHAT Arena under the thread HAVE YOU ANY PETS (on page 2 or maybe page 3 by now).  It was at first sent as a PM to a friend who was kicked off this site for lets just say for having poor taste. But I still miss him.

My WILD WALNUT story was/is really my baby. It was thought up when I had less brain damage (6 years ago) and I was able to post more. 

Edited by walnutcowboy

On 5/22/2018 at 12:53 AM, walnutcowboy said:

Thanks guys !

Since we have some WILD WALNUT Trees around the Resorts, I feel I can remind those that have not read my other story, funny enough it's about WILD WALNUTS. It can be found in The CHIT CHAT Arena under the thread HAVE YOU ANY PETS (on page 2 or maybe page 3 by now).  It was at first sent as a PM to a friend who was kicked off this site for lets just say for having poor taste. But I still miss him.

My WILD WALNUT story was/is really my baby. It was thought up when I had less brain damage (6 years ago) and I was able to post more. 

I think I remember the friend/member you mean, but I can't recall the name.

1 hour ago, walnutcowboy said:

Shermanader (I might be wrong with the spelling).

I know - Sherminator

That's it.

I don't blame "Them" for kicking him off for what his last words were, but he did have a good side too.

On 5/26/2018 at 1:58 PM, Miss Kitka said:

I think I remember the friend/member you mean, but I can't recall the name.

11 hours ago, walnutcowboy said:

Shermanader (I might be wrong with the spelling).

9 hours ago, Miss Kitka said:

I know - Sherminator

6 hours ago, walnutcowboy said:

That's it.

I don't blame "Them" for kicking him off for what his last words were, but he did have a good side too.

Yes, he did.

Help me out here, what else do you see in MISS KITKA'S VIRTUAL AMUSEMENT PARK AND RESORT ? Any other foods/drinks ? What about rides or shops ? Or even some kind of contest ! The key word here is VIRTUAL almost anything goes ! Any safe and (mostly) sane ideas will be named after you !!! Put on your Thinking cap and help fill up THE PARK !

8 hours ago, Miss Kitka said:

A burger stand?

A pond with fish in it. Must... keep away from... fish...  😲

Love the idea MISS KITKA !The good News is we are starting to have several moving carts serving, until a couple of brick and mortar buildings can be set up to serve up hamburgers/veggieburgers.

The bad News is that The Wildlife, Fish And Game Department has vetoed the idea of a pond with fish. They believe that the visitors will throw too much junk (like popcorn) into the pond and make the fish sick.

4 hours ago, KT1972 said:

A space rocket. 

Great idea KAREN, we are starting construction on the KT1972 Rocket Ride Into Space.

Any ideas what it should include ? 

Burger and veggie stands sound good, what about some soda stalls as well?

Fish pond might be a problem, thinking about it, since I like fish and I... like to play... with them. Never eat them though. They're so pretty.

Yes we have soda and slushy carts.

And as you probably know we have many semi-feral cats. Since any place that serves food will have mice, we have found the best way to take care of the problem is to get cats that have been "fixed" and spread them through out the park. The biggest difference between the amusement park that stars a giant mouse and us, is that all of our cast members always carry cat treats to keep the cats somewhat tame. *

*FYI Disney really,really does have feral cats to catch mice. The cats are also named.

*flexes paws and brings out the flute thingy the Pied Piper of Hamlin might've used*

HMMM...... Sounds like another idea for a great ride !  THE PIED PIPER OF HAMELIN RIDE (or maybe RATS REVENGE). 

As soon as you get on one of the carts, pipe music starts up (softly), and your cart is driving thru a 12th century city. In and around your cart, you start seeing rats. You twist and turn in your cart thru the narrow streets, you knock down barrels and scare burros, but the rats keep getting closer (music gets louder). Just as you see rats all around your cart, from underneath your seat, strips of cloth rub back and forth against the back of your legs (think rats). End of ride.  

What do you think ?